Denilson demands move after 'worst season' of his career

Re: Denilson demands move after 'worst season' of his career

Postby Gunner Down Under » Fri May 20, 2011 11:15 am

Finally. One player we don't mind leaving wants to leave.
Gunner Down Under
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby TheLittleMozart » Fri May 20, 2011 11:24 am

Thank god!! Now we just have to shift that muppet Diaby and we're making some progress!

I really dont think its only to do with us not winning trophys, just that hes suing that as an excuse to leave becuase he's really never going to get a game anymore with the emergence of Jack and Ramsey.
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Est83 » Fri May 20, 2011 11:30 am

TheLittleMozart wrote:Thank god!! Now we just have to shift that muppet Diaby and we're making some progress!

I really dont think its only to do with us not winning trophys, just that hes suing that as an excuse to leave becuase he's really never going to get a game anymore with the emergence of Jack and Ramsey.

Exactly, what is he? 8th choice? Something ridiculous like that.

Cesc, Nasri, Jack, Song, Ramsey, Rosicky, Diaby... Denilson in 8th!

Enter Fimps and Henri!!!

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Reverend Gooner » Fri May 20, 2011 11:55 am

You want to win trophies, even more than to actually play football! You indulgent git, fair enough if you said "I want to play more" but to be the one complaining about trophies when you haven't even been able to get into the team to help us win any is a bloody cheek.

Each to their own though and good luck Denilson but consider this, if you are not even good enough to come on as a sub for a team who do not win anything, then how do you expect to be good enough for a one of the very few teams which do win the big trophies on a regular basis?
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby StLGooner » Fri May 20, 2011 12:11 pm

This doesn't sound like Denilson to me, but I'm not too fussed about him leaving, as long as none of our better players feel the same way.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby TheLittleMozart » Fri May 20, 2011 12:16 pm

ChVint22 wrote:This doesn't sound like Denilson to me, but I'm not too fussed about him leaving, as long as none of our better players feel the same way.

I thought the same when I first read this mate because any interview i've seem with him, he's came across as quite a quiet and humble lad but mabey he's realised he needs to move on and needs to use this as an excuse.
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Swan » Fri May 20, 2011 12:26 pm

:1990_dancing.gif: :1990_dancing.gif: :1990_dancing.gif: :1990_dancing.gif: :1990_dancing.gif: :1990_dancing.gif:
Swan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Est83 » Fri May 20, 2011 12:32 pm

Brazilian midfielder Denilson has admitted in a heartfelt interview that he will leave Arsenal in the summer, after a "shameful" season that has been the "worst" of his career.

Denilson has known for eight months that he is leaving, having already cleared his exit with Arsene Wenger. The 23-year-old cites a desire to win trophies and cement his place in Brazil's first XI, admitting nobody at Arsenal knows the answer to their six-year trophy drought.

"A footballer's career is over very quickly so it is time for me to move on. This has been the worst season of my life," Denilson said in The Sun. "I made up my mind eight months ago. But I haven't said anything because I did not want to disrupt the team during the season.

"I've been to see Arsene Wenger and told him how I felt and he agreed to let me go. I know some people will think I'm crazy. They are right. It is a great club, with a great organisation, a great manager and so many talented players. I need a fresh challenge and although I'm taking a big gamble, I'm ready to take that risk.

"I am a footballer and I want to play every week because I want the chance to play for Brazil. Look at Lucas [Leiva] at Liverpool. He's been playing regularly and he's in the Brazil team. That's where I want to be. I would love to be able to do that at Arsenal but based on how things have gone this season, I think it's time for a change.

"So I am flying home to Brazil on Sunday and I'm hoping I can make a fresh start in Spain or maybe Italy."

Denilson leaves after the Gunners suffered a horror end to the season, losing the Carling Cup final to Birmingham before crashing out of the Champions League and throwing away their title challenge. It now appears Arsenal will have to go through a Champions League qualifying round next season, and the midfielder admits there is a lot of head-scratching going on in Arsene Wenger's changing room.

"I am so upset. I am a winner and I came here to win trophies but I've been here for five years and won nothing.

"There's something missing at Arsenal but no one knows what it is. Not the manager, not the players - nobody. Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea, Liverpool spend millions and millions on players. But we are still the best footballing side in Britain, we play beautiful football. Only Barcelona do it better. But we don't win trophies.

"That's so frustrating, you can't imagine how frustrating. Some people say we don't succeed because we are too young and naive - but that's no excuse. We didn't lose the Carling Cup final to Birmingham because we were too young. We lost because our confidence collapsed completely when Obafemi Martins scored for them. This was a final we should have won, we were the favourites.

"It was the opportunity to silence all our critics. Here's a trophy to shut you all up after five years - and this is going to be the start of many. What a lift that would have given us all. Especially as we were in such a fantastic position in all the other competitions too.

"The quarter-finals of the FA Cup, quarter-finals of the Champions League and sitting second in the league. It was all there for us and we were so motivated. But when [Obafemi] Martins scored it was all over. You could see it in the eyes of the players and the supporters there at Wembley. Our confidence just drained away and we never got it back. It was a catastrophe.

"That was the moment our season was ruined, it started a domino effect and no one could stop it. I knew it was a massive moment, the point where it all started to go badly wrong and I think we all knew. I went home afterwards and just cried. I was very upset, very sad and I was ashamed."

It appears the pain of failure has grown too much for Denilson, who has only featured in seven league games since the turn of the year.

"I remember leading Liverpool 1-0 and they scored in the last seconds. We were 4-0 up at Newcastle but drew. We also lost to Newcastle at home and West Brom and Aston Villa. We threw it away against Sunderland and Blackburn at the Emirates.

"Let's be honest, some of those games were shocking, shameful. We are better than that. But until Arsenal stop throwing away those silly points in those stupid games nothing will change."

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/91672.html

Bit longer, and a tiny bit more heart felt and less ungreatful IMO.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Trequartista » Fri May 20, 2011 12:36 pm

Not got much against him personally, untill now he's kept his head down and worked for the team when required. Point is, hes far behind the rest of our midfield now and IMO behind some of our reserves as well. Bye bye! Anyone know how long he's contracted to us? Wonder how much we could sell him to a La Liga team for?
Leno
Bellerin Sokratis Holding Tierney
Ceballos - Torriera - Özil
Pépé - - Lacazette - - Auba
Trequartista
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Est83 » Fri May 20, 2011 12:37 pm

£5-6m?

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Zedie » Fri May 20, 2011 1:14 pm

I think its more of a case of jumping before he is pushed. A man will say anything to keep his dignity intact rather than go out grovelling and weeping like a bitch.

The no trophies thing? A convenient excuse that he has made for himself because he probably cant face up to the fact that he has never been good enough to rank amongst some of the others.

Frimps is coming bitches!!!!!!!
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Inchpräctice » Fri May 20, 2011 1:17 pm

ARSHENAL wrote:Not got much against him personally, untill now he's kept his head down and worked for the team when required. Point is, hes far behind the rest of our midfield now and IMO behind some of our reserves as well. Bye bye! Anyone know how long he's contracted to us? Wonder how much we could sell him to a La Liga team for?

Yeah good point, when does his contract run out?
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Fri May 20, 2011 1:23 pm

Zedie wrote:I think its more of a case of jumping before he is pushed. A man will say anything to keep his dignity intact rather than go out grovelling and weeping like a bitch.

The no trophies thing? A convenient excuse that he has made for himself because he probably cant face up to the fact that he has never been good enough to rank amongst some of the others.

Frimps is coming bitches!!!!!!!

Yeah good point, it ain't as if he's gonna come out and admit he ain't good enough for Arsenal.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Fri May 20, 2011 1:25 pm

another positive is that we can give a more deserving player Parlour's old number
plus it looks stupid if you have a number 42 running around on the pitch
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby shamrock11 » Fri May 20, 2011 2:22 pm

bye bye deni
OOH OOH OOH TO BE OOH TO BE A GOONER!
shamrock11
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext