Vela set for Spanish loan

Vela set for Spanish loan

Postby Trina » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:39 pm

Arsenal starlet Carlos Vela looks poised for a loan deal to Spain with Real Sociedad and Zaragoza vying for his signature.

The 22-year-old has struggled to gain a regular first-team place in Arsene Wenger's squad during his time at Emirates Stadium.

He was loaned out to Celta Vigo, Salamanca and Osasuna earlier in his career to aid his development as a footballer and to help get him his work permit.

Last term, he was again farmed out, but this time it was in England to Premier League outfit West Bromwich Albion.
Reshaping

Wenger is now reshaping his attack for what promises to be a difficult campaign ahead and the move would suggest the talented Mexico international is deemed surplus to requirements.

Vela's agent, Eduardo Hernandez, said: "I'm going to fly to London tonight to finalise things with Arsenal.

"We have three teams in Spain that have made offers and we think that playing in Spain would be a good move for Carlos.

"Arsenal are happy for him to go out on loan and we hope to find a solution by next week."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 68,00.html
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Re: Vela set for Spanish loan

Postby GunnGunn » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:45 pm

Chamakh and RvP as the clubs only proper strikers.

Its going to be fun next season when RvP gets injured.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Git » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:47 pm

Bye.

There is no purpose for this loan other than to put him in the shop window.
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby JordanTheGunner » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:49 pm

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Follow me on twitter @JordanLovesey!

The only proven winner in red and white at this club? Arsene Wenger. Sack the board.
JordanTheGunner
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby TRA Dial Square » Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:19 pm

This is old spin SSN are trying to rehash.

There's been talk of Sociedad, Zaragoza and another club for about 3 weeks now wanting him on loan.
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Popey » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:00 pm

don't want him to leave. I want wenger to give him a chance this season. if he's shit then sell. but let's give him a chance. chamakh looked horrible in pre-season. if he continues like that we need vela.

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby yosifun » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:17 pm

It's best for him and the club, he didn't have much impact here and I'll rather give the minutes to Bendtner if he stays or a new player.
Good luck to him anyway.
yosifun
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:14 pm

now been confirmed on ©Arsenal.com

Carlos Vela and Pedro Botelho will both spend the 2011/12 campaign on loan in Spain’s La Liga.

Vela (22) is to join Real Sociedad subject to a medical. Brazilian defender Botelho (21) will spend this term with the newly promoted Rayo Vallecano.

Vela, the Mexico international forward, goes to Real Sociedad for the opportunity of regular first-team football.

As well as featuring 13 times for the Gunners last season, Vela enjoyed a successful loan spell with West Bromwich Albion from January, scoring two vital goals in his eight appearances – late equalisers against Wolverhampton Wanderers and Stoke City – which helped the Baggies make a strong finish to the season.

Vela was involved in five of Arsenal’s six pre-season games this year, scoring in both matches on the Asia Tour, against a Malaysia XI in Kuala Lumpur and Hangzhou Greentown in China.

Botelho returns to Spain with Rayo to gain further first-team experience, having enjoyed a successful 2010/11 campaign as a regular with Second Division side Cartagena.

Since signing for Arsenal in January 2008, the young defender has also had season-long loan spells in Spain with Salamanca and Celta Vigo.

Everyone at Arsenal Football Club wish Carlos and Pedro the best of luck with their respective clubs for the season ahead.

Think Vela needs to be playing here against prem opposition, loan him to one of the lower placed or promoted clubs. :?
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby IMF » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:18 pm

Yeah we can wave goodbye to him. All that money spend in training him up... wasted.
DEAD-WOOD OUT!!
Show the spoiler
SPEND SOME WONGA WENGA!!!

AND IT'S AAAAAAARSENNNAAAAAAAL!!
AAARRRRSENAAAAL FC
WE'RE BY FAR
THE TIGHTEST COMPANY
THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN
IMF
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Location: Chigwell, formerly Isle of Dogs, formerly Redbridge

Postby The Goats Horn » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:19 pm

I get the feeling a certain big Dane is staying
The Goats Horn
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:26 pm

This guy never fulfilled his promise. Too lazy for my liking . I hate to say it but i am happy with the decision . We need a quality CF.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:30 pm

I just hope and pray we get somebody like a Benzema . Watching him play in the Spanish Super-Cup , i was secretly wishing if he was here. All our strikers barring RVP are rank average . If we are serious enough , we have the required funds to get a quality CF.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:32 pm

Just stupid and makes no sense.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:40 pm

ChVint22 wrote:Just stupid and makes no sense.

@ChVint22

Don't you think , he was clearly not in Wenger's plans from quit some time now . So whats the use in keeping him now when he does not enjoy the manager's confidence.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:43 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:Just stupid and makes no sense.

@ChVint22

Don't you think , he was clearly not in Wenger's plans from quit some time now . So whats the use in keeping him now when he does not enjoy the manager's confidence.

Well its obvious that he's not in Wenger's plans, but he was never given a proper chance. So if he's not in his plans, then why not sell him instead of loan him and get somebody in that will be in his plans? Makes no sense. :dontknow:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Next

Return to 11. Carlos Vela