Arsenal refuse Vela permission to play for Mexico in CA

Re: Arsenal refuse Vela permission to play for Mexico in CA

Postby Leody » Mon May 30, 2011 12:20 pm

Forest wrote:True Leody but these are the same people who dont want RVP to go on international duty because he comes back crocked, cant have it both ways.

Yeah, I've never been a fan of international football either. I hate how it takes away players from the clubs that pay them and injures them too. But, that's the hand we're dealt, and so is everybody else. Why deny Vela the chance to play in what's more or less the equivalent of the Euros? Why not then deny Walcott, RVP, Arshavin, Rosicky, Fabregas and so on... they're FAR more important to our squad than Vela.

I don't like it either, but this is extremely selfish. At least with Wilshere we just voiced our concern, and that was just for a U-21 competition. Not keeping him out of a major international cup.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Forest » Mon May 30, 2011 12:30 pm

all good and valid points, so far its unconfirmed.

thinking about it im not sure we cant deny him permission to play, remember when France said Makelele was playing whether he liked it or not, Chelsea couldnt stop him or faced being fined.
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby JordanTheGunner » Mon May 30, 2011 1:20 pm

This might seem selfish now, if Vela has an incredible pre-season, breaks into the first team and is playing 40 + games and gets 15 goals, at the end of next season, would you still be questionning this?

Or if after all the fans screaming down his throat allows Vela to go play he gets a knock or pulls a hamstring which keeps him out for 1/2 months he doesn't pick up and gets sold for 3 million what would you say then?
Follow me on twitter @JordanLovesey!

The only proven winner in red and white at this club? Arsene Wenger. Sack the board.
JordanTheGunner
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Leody » Mon May 30, 2011 1:40 pm

Yes, because it's over July 24th. He'd still have plenty of time to get back. It doesn't start till the beginning of July so he's still going to have over a month off to rest. And he'd probably not start all that much anyhow. He wasn't even named for the preliminary squad, that may be because we told them they couldn't have him though.

And just because he had a breakout season after a good pre-season and didn't going to the Copa America doesn't mean he wouldn't have had a breakout season had he gone.

Besides, he wouldn't play 40+ games... nobody in out squad does. :sneaky: :hiding: :lol:
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Leody » Mon May 30, 2011 2:53 pm

Another thought...

If we do indeed hold Vela out of the Copa America it could set a very damaging precedent. What player from any country in South America would want to come play for us after we've held players out of the second biggest International competition they get to play in? I know if I were a Argentinian or Brazilian player with hopes of playing for the national team I wouldn't go play for Arsenal after this.

You can't stifle a player's international ambitions, it will unsettle them greatly.
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Tue May 31, 2011 10:11 am

As far as i know i dont think we have stopped Vela from his international duties until now (if this is true) & for all we know Wenger has spoken to him & told him that if he is to have a chance at regular 1st team football next season then he needs to be with us for pre-season. It makes sense, i dont think its that selfish if Vela see's his future with this club he should understand that now & then sacrifices have to be made.
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby gzagee » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:31 pm

Official notification

Arsenal deny permission to the Mexican Carlos Vela to go to Copa America

MEXICO, May 29th 2011 (AFP) – The forward Carlos Vela will be a low for Mexico on Copa America Argentina 2011, by not receiving the permission from Arsenal of England, the owner of his passes, for compete the tournament, said the Mexican Football Federation (FMF).

“Please informed that the Arsenal’s forward, Carlos Alberto Vela will cannot participate of Copa America 2011”, said the General Directorate National of FMF in a press release.

The Federation added that “the squad was held on time, but the team of Carlos Vela deny the permission because Copa America is not a competition of the Confederation which belongs to Mexico”.

Since 1993, Mexico, owned by Concacaf, participates as a guest of Copa America, tournament of the South American Football Confederation (Conmebol).

In the same press release, the FMF Said that the midfielder Jonathan dos Santos, who belongs to FC Barcelona B of Spain, will join the preparation works to Copa America, on June 1st.

Mexico will go to Copa America with a team under-22 as sent to Concacaf, which demanded that the main team was present at the Copa Ouro, scheduled for June in USA.

In Copa America, Mexico will play on Group C against Paraguay, Chile and Peru.

http://www.ca2011.com/exibe_noticias.ph ... 74c7357585
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby StLGooner » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:08 pm

Now if Man U will just deny Chicharito to play, the US might have a chance at winning the Gold Cup. :)
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:10 pm

ChVint22 wrote:Now if Man U will just deny Chicharito to play, the US might have a chance at winning the Gold Cup. :)

:lol:
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Previous

Return to 11. Carlos Vela