Can Vela stake a claim?

Re: Can Vela stake a claim?

Postby Est83 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:29 pm

Rosicky is the most influential sub, and both Bendy and Theo need game time to get back to fitness. I didn't expect him to come on against Citeh.

Should be used more in Europe in my opinion.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Gould » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:36 pm

really like vela he needs 6 months in the prem at a team like blackpool wigan wba, bolton? to prove he can do the business
Gould
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Gould » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:43 pm

imo vela has more to him than that 'little pea' at utd... and on that case. little pea.. how gay:S
Gould
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby mg86 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:53 pm

Sadly we almost have too many forwards. JET can replace Vela if he takes off somewhere, so I can't see Carlos staying much longer if we don't loan him second half of the season.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Popey » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:03 pm

I'm sure he would do fine if he would play. look at hernandez at manU and don't forget that vela is in front of him in the national team.

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby mg86 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:06 pm

Mexico is overrated though, and man utd made a bad buy despite this past week in hernandez. They have progressivly neglected their midfield to the point of absurdity relying still upon Giggs and Scholes. I'm laughing in fact at Fergerson's neglect, the only quality is Nani Fletcher and Valencia. Better for us though!
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Est83 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:18 pm

mg86 wrote:Mexico is overrated though, and man utd made a bad buy despite this past week in hernandez. They have progressivly neglected their midfield to the point of absurdity relying still upon Giggs and Scholes. I'm laughing in fact at Fergerson's neglect, the only quality is Nani Fletcher and Valencia. Better for us though!

+1

Their midfield is pony! Are they hopeing Hargreaves will suddenly come good as Anderson magically develops into the player the fans first thought they had!!! (better than Cesc aye... L.O.L. at every retarded ManUre fan that said that!)

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby dunkdafunk » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:41 pm

all vela and hernandez need are games, unfortunately for carlos chicorito is getting the game, but once rooney is fit again he could go into obscurity like vela. If vela doesnt have a look in here, he needs to go on loan to get those games and hone his skills.
So it all depends on how long RVp takes to recover from his injury and if he gets another one befor jan window closes
in wenger we trust
dunkdafunk
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby gzagee » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:03 pm

dunkdafunk wrote:all vela and hernandez need are games, unfortunately for carlos chicorito is getting the game, but once rooney is fit again he could go into obscurity like vela. If vela doesnt have a look in here, he needs to go on loan to get those games and hone his skills.
So it all depends on how long RVp takes to recover from his injury and if he gets another one befor jan window closes

Don't mean to digress but i think Furgus has unearthed another Solskjaer.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Forest » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:08 pm

gzagee wrote:
dunkdafunk wrote:all vela and hernandez need are games, unfortunately for carlos chicorito is getting the game, but once rooney is fit again he could go into obscurity like vela. If vela doesnt have a look in here, he needs to go on loan to get those games and hone his skills.

Don't mean to digress but i think Furgus has unearthed another Solskjaer.

id prob agree, seems to be a right place right time player.
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Zedie » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:25 pm

Vela will get nowhere at Arsenal if he keeps hosting his 'Sexy' parties. Thats probably knocked him down a couple of rungs alone.

I think its going to be hard to fit him in with the attacking options we've got, especially in his general mould (i.e. small/quick/skillful).

I recon JET has more chance at the mo, hes got size, speed and what seems to be a proper eye for goal looking at his reserve record....
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Forest » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:35 pm

Zedie wrote:Vela will get nowhere at Arsenal if he keeps hosting his 'Sexy' parties. Thats probably knocked him down a couple of rungs alone.

I think its going to be hard to fit him in with the attacking options we've got, especially in his general mould (i.e. small/quick/skillful).

I recon JET has more chance at the mo, hes got size, speed and what seems to be a proper eye for goal looking at his reserve record....

If we sold Vela i wouldnt miss him, as you say we got JET and couple others.
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Zedie » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:48 pm

Same here, had really high hopes for him when he first came. But this is the life of an Arsenal player and arsing around with hoes in a hotel room isnt going to elevate you up the pecking order in Le Boss''s eyes.

Barring a catastrophic injury epidemic (lets face it, this could happen!) i cant see him getting the chances to really shine and step up.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby liam_cork » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:14 am

gunner2018 wrote:
Zedie wrote:Vela will get nowhere at Arsenal if he keeps hosting his 'Sexy' parties. Thats probably knocked him down a couple of rungs alone.

If we sold Vela i wouldnt miss him, as you say we got JET and couple others.

i hate this shite about time to adapt etc but he's a young bloke used to a complete different game he's coming good whens he's played this year he's looked good scored goals, whats the prob? could put on a couple of stone though
arsene knows
liam_cork
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Maxduke » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:09 am

I like Vela, I think he's better than the pea for sure but he just needs a run in the team, send him on loan. I'd take him it 'Boro. :)
Maxduke
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to 11. Carlos Vela