Vela goal against Ecuador

Vela goal against Ecuador

Postby Goose » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:18 pm

Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Re: Vela goal against Ecuador

Postby Gould » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:24 pm

seen it on ssn good persistance to stay in the box and fight for a goal. wish arsene wasnt so blind towards him. he really is fantastic and will leave soon if he is ignored which imo is our loss
Gould
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Goose » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:36 pm

ian.g wrote:seen it on ssn good persistance to stay in the box and fight for a goal. wish arsene wasnt so blind towards him. he really is fantastic and will leave soon if he is ignored which imo is our loss

True, but we have Eduardo, RvP, Bendtner, Arshavin and Walcott ahead of him, Wenger should play Vela against the lesser teams, or use him as a substitute more.....
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby InvincibleGunners » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:39 pm

He's only just got back from injury, let's wait a while to see where he is in Wengers plans before jumping the gun!

Great goal by the way :)
Wenger for life, may he live forever!
InvincibleGunners
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Gould » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:40 pm

oh yea but this season bendtners not really covered himself in glory considering he got a new deal, he scored vs blackburn but also missed a sitter in that game if i remember rightly. i think that vela deserves a chance im not saying he should be a starter
Gould
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby GunnGunn » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:46 pm

Bendtner is big and powerful, he gets into good positions and brings other players into the game, not to mention he hasn't been injured for 3 months, and he hasn't even started every game...

Vela HAS been injured, didn't have a pre-season therefore he isn't match fit...

I would call AW being catious good giving our rampant injury problems, not being ''blind'' or do you think you can see things in players he can't?

AW has already confirmed his plans for Vela this season and he wants him to be big player for us this season...
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Goose » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:52 pm

ian.g wrote:oh yea but this season bendtners not really covered himself in glory considering he got a new deal, he scored vs blackburn but also missed a sitter in that game if i remember rightly. i think that vela deserves a chance im not saying he should be a starter

Yh, but the thing is, is that Bendtner is big and Wenger probably plays him ahead of Vela for his size advantage, plus Bendtner is best played centrally and now that Walcott is back and Rosicky is nearing match fitness, I dont think we will be seeing much of Bendtner on the wing.

I see Vela, as more of a wing player, so he still has Arshavin and Walcott ahead of him in those positions, so when one of them are injured or needs resting he should be the next in line.

Plus Rosicky has been playing on the wing and when Nasri returns, I see him as playing as a forward on one of the wings, so there is a lot of competition.

Plus Vela has only played 20 minutes for us since coming back from injury for a while, so might not be up to match fitness
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby gzagee » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:49 pm

Well taken.
Abysmal defending.

Mexico boss reminds me of Jay Leno. :lol:
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Popey » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:49 pm

I like vela. would be a big loss if we sell him. but I don't think wenger will sell him. vela and eddie are the best finisher in front of the goal. I don't think wenger want to lose one of them. theo, rvp and nic can't finish as good as vela or eddie.

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby gzagee » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:50 pm

Popey wrote:I like vela. would be a big loss if we sell him. but I don't think wenger will sell him. vela and eddie are the best finisher in front of the goal. I don't think wenger want to lose one of them. theo, rvp and nic can't finish as good as vela or eddie.

Ooooookay.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Inchpräctice » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:53 pm

Classic predatory goal and reminds me of the one Arshavin scored in the Emirates Cup. I think he was also intercepting a back pass to the 'keeper.

ian.g wrote:seen it on ssn good persistance to stay in the box and fight for a goal. wish arsene wasnt so blind towards him. he really is fantastic and will leave soon if he is ignored which imo is our loss

Don't me a muppet please.
Do you seriously think that Vela, who has spent several years playing other leagues just so that he can get the right permit to play in England is going to bugger off when he's only just arrived?
He's delighted to have finally arrived with us and pull on the shirt and now he just needs to prove that he's worthy of it.
He's a kid. He doesn't realistically expect to start Premiership games when there are more experienced players ahead of him.
He has to fight for his place in the team just like anyone else does.

Wenger is gradually bringing him into the team bit by bit - just like he's doing with Wilshere - which is the best way to do it.
Let the manager do his job. He is after all, quite good at it.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Rockin' Robin » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:12 pm

He scored against Italy earlier tonight. :D
Rockin' Robin
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Rockin' Robin » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:13 pm

Rockin' Robin
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby verminator97 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:58 pm

gzagee wrote:
Popey wrote:I like vela. would be a big loss if we sell him. but I don't think wenger will sell him. vela and eddie are the best finisher in front of the goal. I don't think wenger want to lose one of them. theo, rvp and nic can't finish as good as vela or eddie.

Ooooookay.
i will have to agree with haver to agree with gzagee on this one
verminator97

Postby Massa » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:56 pm

If Eduardo is one of the best finishers at the club then I am a pregnant Lesbian ;)
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Next

Return to 11. Carlos Vela