Date of birth: 6th August 1983
Born: Rotterdam, Netherlands
Position: Striker
Squad No: 11

Joined Arsenal: May 17, 2004
Previous Club: Feyenoord
Arsenal Debut: Manchester United

Robin van Persie

After coming to Arsenal with a 'bad-boy' reputation, van Persie struggled with his role on the bench initially. A sending off against Southampton early in his Arsenal career initially looked like spelling the end of his time here, however Robin redoubled his efforts in training and forced his way back into Arsene Wenger's thinking. Van Persie was Arsenal’s top scorer last season even though he missed a lot through injury. He is now one of the first names on the team sheet.
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Re: Robin Van Persie

Postby Fordy » Mon May 18, 2009 8:12 am

so i have seen a lot of different views about him the last few days so waht do you think

Is he one of Arsenals best players and must stay

Or After years of waiting for him to be fit as he been a let down
Fordy

Postby MainEvent » Mon May 18, 2009 8:17 am

Yes, we will feel it if he leaves but there is plenty of more talent out there. It seems as though most Arsenal fans have a fear of players leaving when we know there is an equal replacement, if not better one out there.

On a good day, van Persie is easily one of our best players. His left foot can be unstoppable. But tell me, how often is he playing his best? Is it worth it? We're lacking consistency in the squad and van Persie reiterates that point. That's why we do so well in knockout cups. The Premier League is a marathon while the Champions League, Carling Cup, and FA Cup is a sprint.

If he leaves he leaves. What can we do? Don't believe anything you see in the tabloids because it's almost always BS. In my opinion, I would want him to stay as he still has the potential to be a match winner.
MainEvent
Michael Thomas

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Mon May 18, 2009 8:35 am

bags of talent with the right players beside him i think he could be immense

although with our current squad, and tactics he actually doesnt fit into our system well
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby damo1583 » Mon May 18, 2009 8:55 am

My personal opinion is that RvP is proberbly one the most naturally talented players in the world, his touch and technique are first class. My only problem is that i personally feel he is being played out of position, RvP is NOT a target man and should not be made to play upfront on his own, he simply does not have a "poachers" instinct. RvP is a more intriquate player for me his perfect poition would be on the left side of a three pronged attack playing in a 4-3-3.
Question is really, does he still fit into our squad and with the players around him? Yes and no maybe RvP would benefit most from Ade's departure because i think the pair of them are our weakest partnership upfront.........

In summary I would lke to give vP another season with a different striking partnership, but if his departure means an improvement to the squad then so be it...........
Who you tryin' to get crazy with ese? Don't you know i'm LOCO?
damo1583
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby arseman » Mon May 18, 2009 9:43 am

He's 25, he's only going to get better....

And I prefer if he does so in Arsenal colours.
arseman
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Briggsy » Mon May 18, 2009 10:33 am

Not a fan of RvP sorry but 9 goals is not good enough
Briggsy
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby GunnGunn » Mon May 18, 2009 10:44 am

9 goals in the league might not be good enough but is 4 goals from Tevez? Or the same amount from £30 million man Barbie?

I think he has been great this season, he has not been played in his natural position, which IMO is second striker or where he plays for Holland as Damo ponited out, yet for whole periods this season he carried us.

I don't give a shite what people think, but 18 goals and 14 assists in 35 games from a player who is not an out an out striker and most of the time was having to create things off his own back is IMO brilliant.

I think we should try to keep him at all costs, he is one of the most technically, naturally gifted players in the World, let alone in the Prem.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Cheese » Mon May 18, 2009 11:25 am

If he can be replaced then i'd let him go.
Would be a little gutted though.
“What a great day for football, all we need is some green grass and a ball.”
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby StLGooner » Mon May 18, 2009 1:03 pm

I think he's valuable to our team, yes we could live without him, but if he's willing to stay I say we keep him.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby dubgooner » Mon May 18, 2009 3:08 pm

Not reached his true potential. Quality player, with a dirty streak. Need's a partner of similar quality to play with.
dubgooner

Postby cap06gunner06 » Mon May 18, 2009 6:53 pm

potentially best player in the world. but defo needs a new partner. eduardo? would love him to sign a new deal.
cap06gunner06
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby dubgooner » Wed May 20, 2009 5:11 pm

Has RvP not signed and if not Why?
dubgooner

Postby djaxster » Wed May 20, 2009 5:16 pm

Defo he should stay. i gave him a bit of shit on here earlier in the season saying that now he is not getting injured, it time to show us how good he is and he wasn't. But after he read my post( i'm sure they check Goonersworld out to see what we are saying about them) he started to show us not just how good he is but how important he is to the team... Has to be in my top 3 players of the year..
djaxster
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby arseman » Mon May 25, 2009 12:00 pm

Interesting to note Van Persie finished joint top of the assists charts this season, with 10 to his name....
arseman
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Next

Return to 10. Robin Van Persie