RVP signs for Manure - official

Re: RVP signs for Manure - official

Postby Olivier's Twist » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:01 pm

Leody wrote:The problem is, we let them get their heads turned...

You don't see players from other teams heads turning at the rate they do at Arsenal. Time we stop looking to place blame and see what can be done to stop it.

Well you do Modric at spurs, rodwell at Everton, Torres at pool it does happen. But with us we develop special talent and don't seem to do enough to keep them like Chris said.

If you want to keep them then you have to win things or pay big money its that simple, that lure of giving them Cl footie will soon fade away.
Olivier's Twist
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:06 pm

Olivier's Twist wrote:
Leody wrote:AF... How many times are we going to listen to the same thing as player leave before we realize the problem is the club, not the players.

No other club has had an exodus of top players like we have, nobody...

Surely it's not down to all of them being ****. Some, yeah, but we're not innocent by any stretch...

Well if players get their's heads turned and want to move only thing the club can do is sell them, problem is we wait till last min and look stupid.

The players the board the manager and some of the fans are all to blame in this not one or the other.

Leody i was not talking about the situation in general. I was specifically pointing out to RVP's case where he had made his mind up to move much before he went public. He tried to hide his true reasons for the move by trying to put the whole blame on the club which imo is disgusting as the club and the manager had stood by him through think and thin.

I am not disagreeing with you in general Leo. We could have kept Cesc for a couple of seasons more had we managed to win something as he clearly went to win trophies and money was secondary. Had we made those crucial couple of signings the season before he left we could have won the league and who knows he may still have been plying his trade here.

We could have kept Na$ri had we tied him up much earlier by loosening our purse strings a bit more than what we were willing to offer. Things got complicated when City arrived in to the picture and his head got turned. Na$ri is a c*nt but we could have kept him had we offered a bit before city came in imo. We have a reactive approach to transfer dealings than a proactive one.

Now look at the Song situation where we knew Barca were sniffing around, but we have let that linger along to gain momentum and now the word on the street is that he is off. Song had three more years to go and i am pretty sure Wenger does not want to sell him but our greedy board is foolishly getting duped by Barca in successive transfer windows by selling a player well below his market price. song is acting like a d*ck but we should have dealt with this much before and not wait for the season to kick off.

In this whole business of balancing the books we have lost whatever little clout we had in the transfer market. Top players are leaving while new ones are thinking twice before coming to us.

So i am not saying the board or the manager is Scot free . I was only mentioning RVP's case he left us with no room to negotiate a] going public and b] by refusing to go to anybody other than United. In an ideal world i would have let RVP rot in the reserves than strengthen United but our board lack s the balls to take tough decisions.
Last edited by Arsenal~Fanatic on Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:09 pm

Yea, it's not all on the club or Wenger, RvP is too blame for this one as well.

I didn't blame Cesc really, I understood that one, plus I thought he handled it well.

Nasri was a bit different, I think he could have been a bit more patient.

Clichy, I have no idea about that one.

But RvP, I believe he owed us still, and I can't forgive him.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Leody » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:10 pm

Olivier's Twist wrote:

You don't see players from other teams heads turning at the rate they do at Arsenal. Time we stop looking to place blame and see what can be done to stop it.

Well you do Modric at spurs, rodwell at Everton, Torres at pool it does happen. But with us we develop special talent and don't seem to do enough to keep them like Chris said.

If you want to keep them then you have to win things or pay big money its that simple, that lure of giving them Cl footie will soon fade away.

You named 1 from 3 different clubs...

We had 4 in the last 2 years. RVP, Nasri, Song and Cesc. And even more if you go back a couple more years. There is no single club that comes even remotely close to us.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Olivier's Twist » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:24 pm

Leody wrote:
Olivier's Twist wrote:

You named 1 from 3 different clubs...

We had 4 in the last 2 years. RVP, Nasri, Song and Cesc. And even more if you go back a couple more years. There is no single club that comes even remotely close to us.

I know i did but my point was it happens. there is loads more. Lets get it right though none of the big clubs built a new staduim and had to fund the repayments by selling players off.

Selling players is not been the problem its replacing them with shite. And yes unlike city we can't splah out 40 mill on a good player but there is better players for decent fees the the ones we have bought.

Now i don't work for the club and don't know how they operate but i agree something is going on.

Wenger seems to like pressure cause he puts more on himself every season. The board well they are terrible and need to go.
Olivier's Twist
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Trina » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:51 pm

Sir Alex Ferguson does not think Robin van Persie would have left Arsenal for any club other than Manchester United.

The Old Trafford giants finally completed a £24million deal for the former Gunners captain on Friday morning and the striker has signed a four-year contract.

United's derby rivals and defending champions, Manchester City, and Italian title winners Juventus had also both wanted Van Persie.

But the Premier League's leading scorer from last season with 30 goals only wanted to join 19-time kings of England and three-time European Cup winners United, according to Ferguson.

The United boss told MUTV: "The boy wanted to come. He turned down various clubs.

"If he hadn't told Arsenal he wanted to go to Manchester United, the transfer wouldn't have happened."

Ferguson admitted he thought it would be impossible to get Van Persie to sign from their fierce foes but had to make an attempt when he did not want a new contract with Arsenal.
Frustrated

The Scot now also has the challenge of deciding the best selections from Van Persie, Wayne Rooney, Javier Hernandez, Danny Welbeck and even Dimitar Berbatov, who is still at the club.

Such a powerful strikeforce has been compared to United's Treble-winning options of Andy Cole, Dwight Yorke, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and Teddy Sheringham in 1999.

"With Rooney it will be one of the best partnerships in the Premier League. Van Persie is one of the best strikers in the world. Maybe they bought him because they needed another striker"
Roberto Mancini Quotes of the week

And Ferguson said ahead of United's first game of the season at Everton on Monday: "It has given everyone a lift. I have a complication to my life (selection). I don't know how I managed in 1999.

"They can gel together. Robin's best position is furthest up the pitch. The most important thing is to win what we want to win. These players can help us to do that."

City had been trying to sign Van Persie but manager Roberto Mancini appeared to concede defeat to United at the end of July.

"I told you three weeks ago that he would either stay at Arsenal or join another club but not us," Mancini said at a press conference on Friday.
Fantastic player

Asked whether he was frustrated to miss out on Van Persie, he said: "No, we have four strikers so it was impossible to put another striker in the squad, even though he is one of the best."

Mancini also thinks the signing of Van Persie inevitably makes United stronger, having already suggested City's derby rivals could be favourites in this season's title race.

"I said this seriously. United have played for the title every season for 20 years," he explained. "Just because we won the championship last time we can't change that.

"For this reason they are favourites for the title. Now they have Van Persie as well. He was the best striker last year, a fantastic player.

"With Rooney it will be one of the best partnerships in the Premier League. Van Persie is one of the best strikers in the world. Maybe they bought him because they needed another striker.

"Now they are better, for sure. Any team who have bought Van Persie will be better."
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Yorkyblue » Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:52 pm

I reckon he's just trying to stir it more.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby CynicalGooner » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:03 pm

Demento is just talking rubbish as usual and he knows AW won't contradict him. van Persie wanted to leave and Man U were his only option
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby AFC10 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:59 pm

Iv'e not had much of a chance to put in my view of this because iv'e been so busy since this was announce Thursday! So this is what i feel and id like to change my username right after this....

Im absolutely gutted and it sickens me that this has happened. Watching him last night in a Man UTD shirt just seemed absolutely wrong and iv'e never felt like that ever before when a player has left us, felt completely betrayed and let down as a fan massively! To me, this is as big as a blow when Thierry left because iv'e been a massive RVP fan for years and i was so convinced he would of been close to emulating Bergkamps career.

I full understand every player has ambitions and goals in life they want to achieve, but im sorry RVP... you don't have a picture in a Arsenal shirt as a kid then say this is 2011 - I’m sure I could win things at another team in another country, but would it feel like our trophy, my trophy? I’m not sure it would. Anything we win here will come from the heart and that’s what I want. It’s my dream and I see no point in speaking about other teams when I have these dreams. I think other people know that about me; I’m just hungry to win with Arsenal and that’s it'. Then that little kid inside you was screaming out to you to go play for them... f**k OFF!!

What makes this even worse is that our squad isn't that far off from being on par with Uniteds. Im not being deluded or anything i genuinely think we can win something big this season, would of been even more confident if RVP carried his form into this season. Genuinely believe as a player he was on the verge of becoming a legend at Arsenal, maybe a few seasons and a trophy and he'd maybe of been mentioned in the same breath and Bergkamp and co.

Now i have nothing but hatred for the guy, the player i thought he was, the hero i always cheered for since i was 13. Unforgiveable as a fan to go to UTD, even more unforgiveable you told us all nothing but lies and left our club in the lurch after we've kept you all these years through your lengthy injurys. So for all that i hope you rot at Man UTD to be honest, f**k up your career and start releasing statements on your site when your playing for Notts County.

Adios c***!
AFC10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Arsenal Tone » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:03 pm

:grouphug:
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Inchpräctice » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:28 pm

RVP10 wrote:To me, this is as big a blow as when Thierry left because iv'e been a massive RVP fan for years and i was so convinced he would of been close to emulating Bergkamps career.

It's worse in a way.
Thierry went to Barca who aren't really our rivals and don't play in the same league. We also knew it might happen for the 3 seasons before it.
Plus he had the humility and respect to come to the training ground and give an interview explaining to the fans why he decided to leave the club.

RVP is just a huge cock who doesn't give a toss about the fans.
Losing Thierry was more emotional because he had become a proper legend, breaking the goalscoring record and entertaining the world along the way.
Most fans were in shock that the Henry era had come to and end but they didn't hate him, certainly not anything close to how much they hate Robbing our Purse Strings.

From a playing point of view RVP hasn't given us anywhere near what Henry did. He spent far too much time injured and he won f**k all apart from an FA Cup.
The irony is, if he wasn't injured so much we actually would've won the league in the last 7 years.
So f**k him and all who sail in him.

Let one of our new signings become a legend, be adored by the fans and show him what he missed out on by pissing all over us.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:42 pm

^ When I read RVP10's post I just thought to myself how would I have felt if TA6 had gone to Man Utd. Not worth thinking about!!!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:54 pm

I echo all the thoughts Inch posted, I f***ing hate van Persie with a passion. Never had so much hatred for a player in my life.
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby dubgooner » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:12 pm

Spanish rag AS have apparantly announced Sahin deal done to Arsenal. 2.8million and a signing option.
Without that little voice in your head, you wouldn't be able to read this!
dubgooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby StLGooner » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:20 pm

dubgooner wrote:Spanish rag AS have apparantly announced Sahin deal done to Arsenal. 2.8million and a signing option.

Wrong thread.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to 10. Robin Van Persie