IF RVP Stays - One more season

Re: IF RVP Stays - One more season

Postby Yorkyblue » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:52 pm

Leody wrote:It really is sad when you stop and think... how good would we be right now if we could just hold on to our f***ing players.

Let's say Kolo talks Yaya into coming to Arsenal because he was so happy here.

Ade gets paid and stays

RVP get's paid and stays

Henry get's paid and stayed

And Cesc and Cole and Nasri and Clichy...

We could have one hell of a f***ing starting 11.

Sagna TV Kos Clishy
Walcott Cesc Yaya (LM)
Ade RVP

Bench: Wilshere, Ox, Kolo, Arsh, Podolski... so on...

And that's with only MINIMAL transfer investment, just wage bumps for the others. A little speculation thinking Cesc would have stayed if the other's had... and Yaya incited by Kolo, but that's not that big a reach IMO.

Crazy when you look at it like that. You could of had Nasri on the left who would of slipped in to a third attacker (or even 4th with Walcott) when attacking. I'm not convinced the balance is right in midfield as Yaya would get bored being the one sat back but could possibly take it in turns with Cesc. On paper it looks a really good team though.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Dejan » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:55 pm

Sagna Vermaelen Toure Cole
Song Fabregas
Nasri VanPersie Podolski
Adebayor

Not bad.
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Leody » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:01 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:Crazy when you look at it like that. You could of had Nasri on the left who would of slipped in to a third attacker (or even 4th with Walcott) when attacking. I'm not convinced the balance is right in midfield as Yaya would get bored being the one sat back but could possibly take it in turns with Cesc. On paper it looks a really good team though.

Yeah, Nasri on the left.

On my phone, not sure how I forgot him though since I mentioned him already... :lol:
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby djaxster » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:41 pm

But Nasri is a ****
djaxster
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:46 pm

If he does stay this season then i say, GREAT. We will do better with him in our team. If he does as well as last season i bet the fans will back him to the hilt. Even though they know it is his last season.
I want Carl Jenkinson back in a Arsenal shirt next season.
EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby GSK_AFC » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:50 pm

I want him to stay for this last season to help attract players this summer as they would of one season to get to play with a world class player- if we do sell him and then buy, our club will look less attractive for top players tbh.
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:29 pm

Hypothetical Situation and Question:

What if RVP's plan is to stay till January to see whether or not we're still strong contenders for silverware . If we are, he extends his contract; if not he leaves during the January window but for a lesser price.

Would you still have him if he decides to stay after january?
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby Zedie » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:40 pm

gzagee wrote:First of all - how the feck do you know our decline is complete? Where's the proof?

Secondly after the comments he made yesterday i don't see how he can continue at this club. Those were carefully worded to exact maximum effect throughout the fanbase. It wasn't a "I won't be signing a new contract... it's time for me to pursue a new chapter..." this was premeditated. And if what i hear is to be believed without the knowledge of the club.
He's now become a divisive figure both within the club and in public. It seems like he's tried to force the club's hand in a cunning way. I can't see much merit in him staying now.
Let's see if he throws in a transfer request; thereby forfeiting his right to a transfer bonus. that should tell us if money is on his mind.

Spot on. I know there are some that want to wave it all away as rvp telling it how it is, but if you actually proper read it, he's making a mockery of the club and leaving them with no choice but to sell.

There is no riding it out, we're cashing in and that's it and I honestly don't think we owe him any favours in letting him pick where he wants to go (probs to the £250k club).

Rvp scored a hell of a lot of goals this season, but this is the first season he's performed to his full potential and even during our baron run, we've played better in past seasons while he's been on the treatment table.

Life will go on just as life did when we lost cesc, nasri, henry etc. chins up chaps, there are new Heroes to laud (until shittys one man scouting system clicks into gear next summer!).
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Massa » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:28 pm

Szczesny
Sagna Koscielny Vermaelen Cole
Yaya Wilshere
Nasri Fabregas Podolski
van Persie
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Goonerfromafrica » Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:05 pm

Even if he stays, it'll be like that sh** season fabregas had the year before he left, only because he's hearts not into it anymore. Even if we cheer him on it won't help, he wants to be somewhere else and that's all! Take a look by typing in the @persie_official on twitter and take a look what our fans mentioned to him.
Goonerfromafrica
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby mg86 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:15 pm

You can say what you won't about Cole for leaving but he now has four FA Cups, two league trophies and a CL trophy whereas he would have had zero with us. You can say what you want about Adebayor leaving but he got to play at Real Madrid and for most every footballer in the world that is the ultimate accomplishment. You can say what you want about Nasri but after his first season he has the league trophy.

How the situation is any different for Van Persie, that he is facing the decision of remaining on a team that doesn't win trophys plain and simple, is beyond me. If anything from the lack of spending since 2006, we had even more substantial improvements that needed to be made in the first team after the rise of Chelsea and now Man City. We haven't attempted to do this in the slightest, its just we are so used to it for what six years now that we aren't as confused and frusturated, we habituated to it for fucks sake.

If Van Persie is booed for leaving a club that hasn't won a medal in 7 years, it just shows we are deluded like Liverpool in my view. If we treat him with respect, that's more like the Arsenal I know.
Last edited by mg86 on Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby GSK_AFC » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:20 pm

Gunnerfromafrica wrote:Even if he stays, it'll be like that sh** season fabregas had the year before he left, only because he's hearts not into it anymore. Even if we cheer him on it won't help, he wants to be somewhere else and that's all! Take a look by typing in the @persie_official on twitter and take a look what our fans mentioned to him.

Thats abit harsh on super Fab mate, it may not have been better than the previous season but he did get about 20 assists and about 10 goals and we were more competitive in the 2010/11 season too.
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby mg86 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:24 pm

GSK_AFC wrote:
Gunnerfromafrica wrote:Even if he stays, it'll be like that sh** season fabregas had the year before he left, only because he's hearts not into it anymore. Even if we cheer him on it won't help, he wants to be somewhere else and that's all! Take a look by typing in the @persie_official on twitter and take a look what our fans mentioned to him.

Thats abit harsh on super Fab mate, it may not have been better than the previous season but he did get about 20 assists and about 10 goals and we were more competitive in the 2010/11 season too.

I speak of Fabregas in a whole different regard to Van Persie, the lad was class and was a class act. Was playing for years with the shirt and returned to his team at home after, and I admit it, did all he could to try and win a trophy with us.

Van Persie played three good seasons out of his 8 seasons with us. I just laugh at the legend talk, its a disgrace to players like Bergkamp and Henry.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:35 pm

If Van Persie is a legend then Ashley Cole is too imo. I don't recommend booing anybody who has played for Arsenal but Van Persie played well running in to the last year of his contract and is looking from his own personal point of view. Now legend in my view is a player who at some point in time has put the clubs interests over his personal glory. RVP had a season and half of good football and now he wants to move for personal glory/money whatever i am not too arsed to decipher. Taking RVP's name in the same breath as TH14 and Viera would be an insult to those great legends.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Massa » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:06 pm

i have no bitterness towards rvp (unless he joins an english club)
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

PreviousNext

Return to 10. Robin Van Persie