IF RVP Stays - One more season

Re: IF RVP Stays - One more season

Postby mel4 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:39 pm

mg86 wrote:You can say what you won't about Cole for leaving but he now has four FA Cups, two league trophies and a CL trophy whereas he would have had zero with us. You can say what you want about Adebayor leaving but he got to play at Real Madrid and for most every footballer in the world that is the ultimate accomplishment. You can say what you want about Nasri but after his first season he has the league trophy.

How the situation is any different for Van Persie, that he is facing the decision of remaining on a team that doesn't win trophys plain and simple, is beyond me. If anything from the lack of spending since 2006, we had even more substantial improvements that needed to be made in the first team after the rise of Chelsea and now Man City. We haven't attempted to do this in the slightest, its just we are so used to it for what six years now that we aren't as confused and frusturated, we habituated to it for fucks sake.

If Van Persie is booed for leaving a club that hasn't won a medal in 7 years, it just shows we are deluded like Liverpool in my view. If we treat him with respect, that's more like the Arsenal I know.

Spot on!

........ 1 - nil to The Arsenal
mel4
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Arsenal Tone » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:56 pm

Excellent post mg
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Popey » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:25 pm

good post there mg86 and I agree with most of it. but you also need to see that we keept him for 8 years where he played one good season and now he waves goodbye. that has also not really much to do with respect from his side. don't you think? many clubs would have sold him with all his injuries he carried truth this 8 years. but with this I don't say that we shoudn't respect him but I can understand the fans who are getting angry after him.

I just hope he will not join one of the manchester clubs. easiest thing would be to sell him to juve or real.

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby JordanTheGunner » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:36 pm

After Nasri's treatment up at Newcastle, Wenger will not keep Van Persie.
Follow me on twitter @JordanLovesey!

The only proven winner in red and white at this club? Arsene Wenger. Sack the board.
JordanTheGunner
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby JordanTheGunner » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:46 pm

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Follow me on twitter @JordanLovesey!

The only proven winner in red and white at this club? Arsene Wenger. Sack the board.
JordanTheGunner
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby starmandb » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:38 am

Gunnerfromafrica wrote:Even if he stays, it'll be like that sh** season fabregas had the year before he left, only because he's hearts not into it anymore. Even if we cheer him on it won't help, he wants to be somewhere else and that's all! Take a look by typing in the @persie_official on twitter and take a look what our fans mentioned to him.

was that the shit season he scored 9 goals and got 17 assists?
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby starmandb » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:44 am

JordanTheGunner wrote:After Nasri's treatment up at Newcastle, Wenger will not keep Van Persie.

he played him in the home game with liverpool after that.
i hope to god that wenger will play which ever team he sees fit and is never swayed by anything else.
if that was ever the case the manager would not be fit for arsenal
starmandb

Postby EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:51 pm

I hope he is made to stay. More chance of competing for trophies then.
I want Carl Jenkinson back in a Arsenal shirt next season.
EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Est83 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:22 pm

Popey wrote:good post there mg86 and I agree with most of it. but you also need to see that we keept him for 8 years where he played one good season and now he waves goodbye. that has also not really much to do with respect from his side. don't you think? many clubs would have sold him with all his injuries he carried truth this 8 years. but with this I don't say that we shoudn't respect him but I can understand the fans who are getting angry after him.

I just hope he will not join one of the manchester clubs. easiest thing would be to sell him to juve or real.

Exactly.

He didn't use us as a stepping stone... he used us for free health care then f**ked off!

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Est83 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:30 pm

The medal argument doesn't hold much weight either if you really wanna go into it.

Cole, Fabregas, Nasri, Adebayor, Flamini, Hleb, RvP 1'000'000% could only win a trophy if they left? :scratch:

-How about it they stuck it out for another season or two?
-How about if Cole waited to see Fabregas develop before saying "he's good, but he's no Vieira". No you're right Cole, he's just the best playmaker in the world.
-How about if Flamini developed his understanding with Cesc for just one more season to improve on what was already the best midfield partnership the Prem had at that time.
-How about if Adebayor hung on for a little bit longer and waited for some better news on RvP's injuries and developed a partnership with him instead of letting it all go to his head and leaving early like he's too big for the club.
-How about if RvP repaid some loyalty.

Szczesny
Sagna - Kos - Verm - Cole
Fabregas - Flamini
Hleb ---------------- Nasri
van Persie ---
--- Adebayor

This team would bring home the bacon!

A whole bunch of 'what if's'... but the rebuilding process after the Invincibles could have been a one-time thing, it could have been a lot more effective and compelted in one attempt with just a little loyalty and patience in key areas. Instead ego and betrayal got in the way.

Of those listed above, Fabregas paid his dues and that's it.
-Cole came through the academy but turned his back due to money and the egotistical belief that the new players wouldn't be up to the standard that he had set.
-Flamini had one good season. Went elswhere and that was the end of his career.
-Hleb had one good season. Went elsewhere and that was the end of his career.
-Adebayor's ego grew astronomically. Wenger plucked him from obscurity and the lanky prick thought he outgrew us.
-RvP somehow forgot that we stuck by him during 7 years of injury!

... next thing you know Diaby will leave and claim that we're not matching his ambition!

My point is that half of the problem has been created by the players themselves. Most of the old players were replaced at the right time, only problem is it placed a hell of a lot of importance on the new younger players who - asside from Fabregas - were too selfish and impatient to make it work. Flamini alone would have made a massive difference if he had stayed, imagine what two or three of them staying might have achieved. There would be no question over "ambition".

SOMEONE KEEPS HITTING THAT F**KING 'RESET' BUTTON!!!

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby hyperspeed101 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:46 pm

I dont understand how you can boo Van Persie at all. You all moan about how we stuck by him during his 6 years on the treatment table, yet how can he of prevented it. He played with his heart in his sleave in every game he played in, he went into tackles trying to win every ball, he's shown more passion the some of the other players we've had over the years and after 8 years you cant blame him for wanting to win something before he finished, In the 8 years Henry spent at the club he won 2 premierleague trophies, 3 FA cups and 2 community shields. thats 7 trophies in 8 years in comparison to 1 trophies in 8 years for Van Persie.Do you honestly think Henry would of stayed with us for 8 years if he only won a FA cup?
"I am in a job where you always look in front of you. Unfortunately, the older you get, the less distance there is in front of you."Arsene Wenger
hyperspeed101
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:02 pm

Re Est:

Hleb was rubbish!

Try this:

Szczesny
Sagna--Koscielny--Vermaelen--Cole
Flamini--Wilshere
Fabregas
Van Persie------Reyes
Adebayor
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Myrmedus » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:21 pm

I have nothing against RvP for his decision: I believe he's both telling the truth about his reasons AND they're sound.

In discussions over his contract, Gazidis was part of the negotiations - that makes me believe the club's overall ambitions and goals were a part of the negotiation. And, considering how much of a tight-arse Gazidis is, I wouldn't be surprised if it's that which did indeed swing it for RvP.

I don't believe he's after money, like he says - I think he just wants to chase success and why the hell not?
Go Cannons!!
Myrmedus
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:28 am

I am a cynic re footballers these days. There is hardly any loyalty left in the game. Too many become over-priced etc. But i really believe RVP has took this decision with a few points in mind, IE Honours, last contract and money will be in there too. He will have some regrets. This guy is just a complete hero to me. I respect his decision.
I want Carl Jenkinson back in a Arsenal shirt next season.
EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Previous

Return to 10. Robin Van Persie