F**K ROBIN

Re: F**K ROBIN

Postby friedslice » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:04 am

this riles me right up, stupid money and disloyalty give me two of my biggest gripes in life. f**k the mercenary scum bag. happy to take high wages whilst never fit, has one good season, we give him the responsibility of being our star, captain and main man, offer him extortionately high wage increase and he still fucks off. that makes him a no mark, disloyal c*** in my book. I understand the lack of ambition being frustrating, but we as fans hurt from that more than anyone, this greedy bastard was set to be earning 150k+ PER WEEK to captain and lead our great club, he should want to stick around and make us challengers again (it's not like recent signings haven't been the move in the right direction lately). Willing to turn his back on a club that nursed him for years before offering him a contract worth more a week than most in the country won't earn in 7 years.
friedslice
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby friedslice » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:06 am

Change in lyrics for Robins song then...

Heeeeeee's a greedy c*nt
he's a greedy cuuuuuuuuunt
Robin Van Persie
Is a greedy c*nt
friedslice
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Goonerfromafrica » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:17 am

If I could just talk to RVP. -__- can't sleep cuz of him. No doubt about it this is a money driven leave. It's not for fame, he knows that, he saw what happened to nasri and clichy. They're just second choice bench warmers back in Manchester. If this was for the love of arsenal, which he's got none of, he would stay. He understands that we need more quality players and now when start building on it, he decides to go. I guess he just wants to find a club where he can get payed well and win trophies, regardless him playing at all or not. Too many stars in one team is never a good thing, City won't go unpunished if they buy him, RVP is a player who loves attention, and he's not gonna get any in city! We can still do pretty good this season without him, the only problem being if giroud and podolski can adapt quickly, but with RVP that will be much easier. I'm also a bit worried about the fact that if he stays he won't get along well with the mates and coaching staff, after what he said. If he stays this could be the fabregas story all over again.
Goonerfromafrica
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Goonerfromafrica » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:23 am

Lee71*98*02 wrote:Isnt it strange how we stopped winning trophys when we signed RVP? just a coincidence that but hey, just saying.

Be funny if this silverware drought turns out to be his whole Arsenal career.

True. I think we relied on him a bit too much as our main striker, like not buying replacements and backups.
Goonerfromafrica
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Yorkyblue » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:45 am

So let me get this straight.

He doesn't want a pay rise so he's a greedy c***?

Oh, and Nasri and Clichy are first choice. Take off your hatred glasses and actually look at our line ups. Not just the first 3 months of the season. Also note that Nasri was the one picking up for Silva who was playing shit while carrying an injury for the last 3-4 months.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby JohnGooner » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:02 am

Yorkyblue wrote:So let me get this straight.

He doesn't want a pay rise so he's a greedy ****?

Oh, and Nasri and Clichy are first choice. Take off your hatred glasses and actually look at our line ups. Not just the first 3 months of the season. Also note that Nasri was the one picking up for Silva who was playing shit while carrying an injury for the last 3-4 months.

He didn't refuse 'a pay rise', he refused ours. Rest assure that whatever your club offered him, it's much more than 130 grand.
Adler
Matthews Per Vermaelen Gibbs
Bender Wilshere
Walcott Cazorla El Shaarawy
Poldi

Szczesny, Papadopoulos, Gibbs, Arteta, Bruma, OX, Giroud
JohnGooner
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Angelito » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:09 am

He's not greedy. In fact, he's better than Cesc. At least, he came out and announced it publicly to HIS fans and Arsenal followers. I wish him luck wherever he goes and I hope he goes to Barcelona.

Is it the player's fault that he wants to leave a club that treats a f'kin top-4 finish as a benchmark for success? He is nearly 30. He wants trophies. Arsenal won't give him anything more than top-4 finishes. As for his loyalty, he paid us all of it. He had the most sensational season for any Gunner since Henry's time with us. That's the payback. He's cleared his debt.

I am disappointed that he is leaving, but all of this is because of Wenger and the board. Fair enough. A player wants to leave; let him, but instead of replacing that player we prefer to play Ramsey and force him to be the new Cesc. It doesn't work that way. Why do we have to slam van Persie for the manager's incompetence?

van Persie is just a player. Wenger is THE manager. THE board is responsible for the entire club. A player leaves; no big deal. Let's find a replacement! Whose job is that? The board and the manager's--so who is to blame here?
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Dejan » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:27 am

If you look for someone to blame, blame Wenger.

We are a feeder club and we have been for a long time now.
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby gzagee » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:27 am

Just get this piece of sh*t out of the club. Cretin.

He's shown no respect for the club in the way he worded his statement. He's done nothing except have one good season. had he given us 40+ games a season in the previous 7 years we might've won a few trophies.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby ivan itchybum » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:30 am

Angelito wrote:He's not greedy. In fact, he's better than Cesc. At least, he came out and announced it publicly to HIS fans and Arsenal followers. I wish him luck wherever he goes and I hope he goes to Barcelona.

Is it the player's fault that he wants to leave a club that treats a f'kin top-4 finish as a benchmark for success? He is nearly 30. He wants trophies. Arsenal won't give him anything more than top-4 finishes. As for his loyalty, he paid us all of it. He had the most sensational season for any Gunner since Henry's time with us. That's the payback. He's cleared his debt.

I am disappointed that he is leaving, but all of this is because of Wenger and the board. Fair enough. A player wants to leave; let him, but instead of replacing that player we prefer to play Ramsey and force him to be the new Cesc. It doesn't work that way. Why do we have to slam van Persie for the manager's incompetence?

van Persie is just a player. Wenger is THE manager. THE board is responsible for the entire club. A player leaves; no big deal. Let's find a replacement! Whose job is that? The board and the manager's--so who is to blame here?

can't really argue with that.
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby CynicalGooner » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:36 am

Dejan wrote:We are a feeder club and we have been for a long time now.

We aren't even a good feeder club. The professional feeder clubs like Porto secure top top dollar when they sell their assets to one of the big boys. We regularly find ourselves in a weak position due to time left on contracts and even when we aren't the club are still content to sell for half market value.
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:13 am

Angelito wrote:He's not greedy. In fact, he's better than Cesc. At least, he came out and announced it publicly to HIS fans and Arsenal followers. I wish him luck wherever he goes and I hope he goes to Barcelona.

Cleared his debt? You're easily pleased. He was with us for how many seasons? Being paid the whole time, and how much of that time was he actually earning that money?
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby mel4 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:47 am

Asides a few times he was injured for his country, he was always injured while scoring a goal, going for that tackle putting his heart into winning for the Arsenal. If he had shy-ed away from those tackles, we will say he is not English and without passion.

I don't recall RVP having one of those Rosicky type recurring injuries, in the same breath as Diaby or Wilshere.
I don't recall him having relapses/setbacks while still on treatment tables
Calm down people and stop making it look like he gets injured for fun.

I don't agree with everything he has said but everytime I saw him play for the Arsenal, he had shown ambition and commitment and it is clear that the Arsenal are not showing same/either or both.

....and no, Giroud and Poldi were a smokescreen to shield the intended sell of RVP.

........ 1 - nil to The Arsenal
mel4
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby gzagee » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:14 pm

starmandb wrote:
gzagee wrote:Ahem...

I cannot speak for anyone else in this thread nor the forum but, there's no way i will exonerate that c.u.n.tess for his actions. He's only given us ONE, yes ONE PROPER SEASON IN EIGHT YEARS.
I agree the club is partly to blame for this outcome, they didn't show enough ambition from last summer (wouldn't surprise me if that shenanigans played a part in this) but, if so why not jump ship then? Nothing that happened throughout last summer's transfer window and start to the season suggested things would change for the better. So why wait until now??
I've never lambasted Cesc for leaving the club. After all he gave eight proper seasons to the club's cause and had very little to show for it. Can't blame him for that.
Flamini was badly treated by the club in my opinion after being played out of position and then belatedly played in midfield. Again, I won't blame him for his decision, got some good service out of him.

So I say it's you RvP sympathisers who've got it wrong. Very wrong. It seems his one season has clouded youse lots opinions. Even after his previous contract renewal, he sauntered off to Holland and got himself injured for the best part of the season. a season which promised so much more than we achieved.

I don't care whether its money or trophies he hasn't done enough to deserve my respect after Wenger showed him loyalty by sticking by him when others were calling for us to sell him.

sauntered off to holland? he went to play for his country
and he was top scorer in 06/07..08/09..10/11..11/12 and our player of the season in 08/09 and 11/12

2006/07 he got 11 from 22 league games (17 starts). Could've done with seeing more of him that year seeing as Henry had left the previous summer....

2008/09 was the only season prior to 11/12 where he started more than 20 league games. And he managed 11 goals. He bagged a further nine in all cup comps. Had he been fit we might've won the FA Cup.

I've posted a biog of every one of his 8 seasons at Arsenal. And apart from 11/12 each other season is littered with what-might-have-beens had he remained injury free.

If you think ONE FULL season is representative of good service then we have very very different ideas of what constitutes good service.

Compare his 8 years of good service to Henry's or Cesc's 8 years of service and then come back and tell me RvP was a good servant of this club.

In conclusion read my words: FCUK ROBIN
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby starmandb » Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:10 pm

gzagee wrote:
starmandb wrote:
gzagee wrote:Ahem...

I cannot speak for anyone else in this thread nor the forum but, there's no way i will exonerate that c.u.n.tess for his actions. He's only given us ONE, yes ONE PROPER SEASON IN EIGHT YEARS.
I agree the club is partly to blame for this outcome, they didn't show enough ambition from last summer (wouldn't surprise me if that shenanigans played a part in this) but, if so why not jump ship then? Nothing that happened throughout last summer's transfer window and start to the season suggested things would change for the better. So why wait until now??
I've never lambasted Cesc for leaving the club. After all he gave eight proper seasons to the club's cause and had very little to show for it. Can't blame him for that.
Flamini was badly treated by the club in my opinion after being played out of position and then belatedly played in midfield. Again, I won't blame him for his decision, got some good service out of him.

So I say it's you RvP sympathisers who've got it wrong. Very wrong. It seems his one season has clouded youse lots opinions. Even after his previous contract renewal, he sauntered off to Holland and got himself injured for the best part of the season. a season which promised so much more than we achieved.

I don't care whether its money or trophies he hasn't done enough to deserve my respect after Wenger showed him loyalty by sticking by him when others were calling for us to sell him.

sauntered off to holland? he went to play for his country
and he was top scorer in 06/07..08/09..10/11..11/12 and our player of the season in 08/09 and 11/12

2006/07 he got 11 from 22 league games (17 starts). Could've done with seeing more of him that year seeing as Henry had left the previous summer....

2008/09 was the only season prior to 11/12 where he started more than 20 league games. And he managed 11 goals. He bagged a further nine in all cup comps. Had he been fit we might've won the FA Cup.

I've posted a biog of every one of his 8 seasons at Arsenal. And apart from 11/12 each other season is littered with what-might-have-beens had he remained injury free.

If you think ONE FULL season is representative of good service then we have very very different ideas of what constitutes good service.

Compare his 8 years of good service to Henry's or Cesc's 8 years of service and then come back and tell me RvP was a good servant of this club.

In conclusion read my words: FCUK ROBIN

the old injuring himself on purpose debate.
yes i guess bunjee jumping in the middle of that semi final while sword swallowing and taming a lion with a kitchen chair was a bit of a risk.no blame could be laid at wengers door for that semi then?.
its not like we lead the game or anything or had a player who had scored in his last league game at wigan in a very good performance or would score 4 at liverpool 3days later in a superb performance on the bench?.
maybe we were saving the euro cup tied arshavin for the champs league.?
it smacked of lets not win a trophy lets make sure we get that 4th?
you are a sound guy gzagee and i like the stance of f**k you arsenal will go on.
but that semi says everything about the mentality surrounding this club in the last 4 years.
i want to win everything and expect my manager and everyone associated with the club to feel the same.
i,m in for the long haul and will be a gunner when they are nailing the lid on.
if i were a 29 year old footballer i would feel different.
i would,nt have time for failed defensive projects
that is far more damning then any failure to spend money
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

PreviousNext

Return to 10. Robin Van Persie