:OFFICIAL: Robin is NOT EXTENDING HIS CONTRACT At Arsenal

Re: :OFFICIAL: Robin is NOT EXTENDING HIS CONTRACT At Arsena

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:40 am

GunnGunn wrote:I personally don't think Sahin is anywhere near signing for us.

Actually i never thought Wenger would sign three good players in one window with still 24 days remaining for the window to close. So you never know :dontknow:
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby GunnGunn » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:42 am

Neither did i, i am impressed, especially with Cazorla. But is it enough to keep RvP?

There may still be 24 days to go but it doesn't mean he will sign anymore players.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Popey » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:45 am

robin saw what we did last season...and now we add to this poldi, giroud and cazorla.

with this squad we can compet. If he leaves now it will just be for the money

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby CynicalGooner » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:49 am

Me either. Really like him but I will be surprised if we get him. I think our buying is done

Popey wrote:robin saw what we did last season...and now we add to this poldi, giroud and cazorla.

I don't know how any of these three signings will stop us conceding so many stupid goals. Which I think is what really pissed van Persie off, just like most fans.
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Trina » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:51 am

And he has spent some money on them, not looked for cheap deals. Giroud and Podolski came to around 25mill, not sure how much cazorla just cost us.
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:52 am

GunnGunn wrote:Neither did i, i am impressed, especially with Cazorla. But is it enough to keep RvP?

There may still be 24 days to go but it doesn't mean he will sign anymore players.

I just feel Wenger is leaving no stone unturned to make RVP look like a mercenary if he does leave :lol: . Bendtner has been left back in London along with Squillaci. Chamakh might still be sold. Wilshere and Rosicky are on the treatment table.So i think Wenger may sign another player irrespective of RVP's stay although I am not sure whether he will be a midfielder or a striker.
Last edited by Arsenal~Fanatic on Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:52 am

Trina wrote:And he has spent some money on them, not looked for cheap deals. Giroud and Podolski came to around 25mill, not sure how much cazorla just cost us.

£16.5m
Last edited by Arsenal~Fanatic on Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby GunnGunn » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:55 am

Over £15m at least, so i reckon its over £40m on three players which is exactly what most of us wanted. RvP refusing to sign a new deal however has tarnished the whole thing.

If he signed a new deal tomorrow all of us would instantly be a lot happier.
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby GSK_AFC » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:01 am

Bbc journo said £11m!
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Popey » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:07 am

CynicalGooner wrote:

Me either. Really like him but I will be surprised if we get him. I think our buying is done

Popey wrote:robin saw what we did last season...and now we add to this poldi, giroud and cazorla.

I don't know how any of these three signings will stop us conceding so many stupid goals. Which I think is what really pissed van Persie off, just like most fans.

Looks like wenger doesn't want to stop us conceding goals but the score more goals than the opponent :lol:

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Zedie » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:10 am

f**k off. That really takes the piss if true.

Manure will be a bit more desperate now that pay have come in with a 45m bid for Lucas, so they may want to up thier bid for rvp. I'm just hoping as much as you guys that rvp has a change of heart.

Even if it is a 1 or 2 year extension, I'd be happy with that. I just could not stomach him turning out for manure, he would get boooooed to f**k!
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby GunnGunn » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:16 am

If he goes to Man Utd it shows he is a classless piece of shit.
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Inchpräctice » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:22 am

I'm still completely in the dark as to whether RVP's complaint was about the lack of signings.
It makes sense and it's the obvious conclusion to come to but it's still basically a guess.
"The manager and I disagree about the direction the club is heading." can mean a lot of things. It could mean 'They haven't offered me enough money yet.' Or 'I want to go to City but they're refusing to sell me for less than £30m. Or 'I don't think Szczesny is a good enough GK.' Or 'We desperately need 3 new CBs.'

If it was about signings then the last three should be enough to make him stay, unless he was concerned about the defending.

One thing's for sure, however much AW loves RVP he wouldn't go out and buy players purely to ensure that RVP stayed at the club. He's far too single-minded for that.

Trina wrote:And he has spent some money on them, not looked for cheap deals. Giroud and Podolski came to around 25mill, not sure how much cazorla just cost us.

I've read a whole range of prices from £12.5m all the way up to £18m and everything in between.

:dontknow:
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:41 am

I've tried to look at it from rvps perspective. Far too often, we were relying on him to create and score goals last season and I think he was pissed at that and that he didn't have the creative back up of cesc or nasri replaced.

The cesc shaped hole was evident for anyone to see last season as we were really struggling at AM at times, thus the fact that song of all people had to step up.

His statement could have been in relation to him wanting more money, but he'll never admit that although it will be painfully obvious. I think cazorlas signing is the key to our chances with both rvp and Walcott, as I recon he will be the one to be able to play in both of them more regularly than what our current midfield could do minus wilshire and diaby.

Given up on diaby staying fit, but when wilshire comes back, he could easily help cazorla in the hole rotation wise and then the sky is the limit.

He must know this, so hopefully he's more a gerrard than an adebayor or nasri.

Do the right thing rvp!
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:47 am

We're still not competing for anything tbh. We still need 1 or 2 more signings and RVP to stay. Sahin would be perfect.
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to 10. Robin Van Persie