Robin is staying - If Bouchra and his mother have a say

Postby Arsenal Tone » Mon May 14, 2012 5:19 pm

Fabrestuta wrote:RvP is gonna do what Henry did and ask the club what direction they are going in, and rightly so, if he gets the right answer I think he'll stay, if not he'll be on his toes to Spain or Italy. I really couldn't see him going to City.

Wenger didn't take any notice of Vieira or Henry so why would he take any notice of RVP?
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Re: Robin is staying - If Bouchra and his mother have a say

Postby Fabrestuta » Mon May 14, 2012 5:23 pm

Plymouth Gooner wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:RvP is gonna do what Henry did and ask the club what direction they are going in, and rightly so, if he gets the right answer I think he'll stay, if not he'll be on his toes to Spain or Italy. I really couldn't see him going to City.

Wenger didn't take any notice of Vieira or Henry so why would he take any notice of RVP?

Fair point, but like Henry the next long contract RvP signs is really important, and if his heart is truly set on winning trophies then he's gonna want assurances from Wenger. Said in the challenge thread we don't need a major overhaul, just a few quality signings, I'm sure the Perse just wants to hear that we are willing to sign that quality. Just as all Gooners want to hear that.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Hammered Pizza » Mon May 14, 2012 6:06 pm

Plymouth Gooner wrote:

He's openly come out and said that we rely on RvP. He is our plan A and our plan B.

Also, it's a little harsh of people to slate Wenger for 'lying'. Of course he wants RvP to stay, but given the option of 1 season then absolutely nothing, or £25m+, then it's hard not to take the money and reinvest in a new striker (Giuseppe Rossi for example).

Still, I hope he stays.
I'm out, pushed before I could jump.
It was fun.

Burn short, burn bright.
Always Arsenal.

My other haunt.
Hammered Pizza
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Callum » Mon May 14, 2012 8:33 pm

Hasn't Rossi been crocked all season?
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Hammered Pizza » Mon May 14, 2012 8:35 pm

Yeah - and for a few months more yet, but Villareal have gone down, so he could be available at a decent price.
I'm out, pushed before I could jump.
It was fun.

Burn short, burn bright.
Always Arsenal.

My other haunt.
Hammered Pizza
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby GunnGunn » Mon May 14, 2012 8:37 pm

Hammered Pizza wrote:
Plymouth Gooner wrote:

He's openly come out and said that we rely on RvP. He is our plan A and our plan B.

Also, it's a little harsh of people to slate Wenger for 'lying'. Of course he wants RvP to stay, but given the option of 1 season then absolutely nothing, or £25m+, then it's hard not to take the money and reinvest in a new striker (Giuseppe Rossi for example).

Still, I hope he stays.

You mean like how he reinvested the money we got for Anelka? Overmars? Vieira? Henry? Adebayor? Fabregas? Nasri?

Wenger is full of shit from top to bottom, and you mean its hard not to take the money and "lose" it, money from player sales has been disappearing for the best part of a decade.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Arsenal Tone » Mon May 14, 2012 9:32 pm

GunnGunn wrote:
Hammered Pizza wrote:
Plymouth Gooner wrote:

Still, I hope he stays.

You mean like how he reinvested the money we got for Anelka? Overmars? Vieira? Henry? Adebayor? Fabregas? Nasri?

Wenger is full of shit from top to bottom, and you mean its hard not to take the money and "lose" it, money from player sales has been disappearing for the best part of a decade.

Yep, it wasn't just since the stadium move either!

Wenger has never won the league and then built on the team. He also usually takes a season or two to replace those that leave (not sure how long it was after selling petit and overmars we got gilberto and pires).

Vieira left, even though it was the invincible season, because he didn't think Wenger was being ambitious enough in the transfer market. Now it seems RVP is considering doing the same!
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby starmandb » Mon May 14, 2012 9:48 pm

Plymouth Gooner wrote:
GunnGunn wrote:
Hammered Pizza wrote:
Plymouth Gooner wrote:

Still, I hope he stays.

Yep, it wasn't just since the stadium move either!

Wenger has never won the league and then built on the team. He also usually takes a season or two to replace those that leave (not sure how long it was after selling petit and overmars we got gilberto and pires).

Vieira left, even though it was the invincible season, because he didn't think Wenger was being ambitious enough in the transfer market. Now it seems RVP is considering doing the same!

pires replaced overmars in the summer of 2000 petit went that summer as well
gilberto came in the summer of 2002
all these deals were done in a close season where tournaments were taking place
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Arsenal Tone » Tue May 15, 2012 6:13 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18067568

"You never know but Arsenal is a massive club. Whatever happens, I'll always love this club."

^ This bit makes it sound like he's off!
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Rvp stay Vs Go

Postby slick1015 » Tue May 15, 2012 6:30 am

So my fellow gooners arsenal ended up the season with 3rd place and an automatic champions league qualification. Which seems to be gr8 news after our position in September. News suggest arsenal are going to hold talks with rvp b4 the euro's. So will he stay or will he go? With the latest signing of podolski one thing is for sure wenger is looking for a serious goal scoring force provided rvp stays. Usually dutch players are known for their loyalty like the legend bergkamp him self. I hope rvp stays it's been long since we had 2 gr8 strikers like henry and bergkamp. Hopefully rvp and podolski next season. Many say arsenal were dependant on rvp's goal but in my opinion it was much more than that. Rvp is a gr8 leader not only has he contributed goals but he has carried the arsenal team like a true leader.So it's really imp to hang on to him. Your comments please.
wiNgs
slick1015
Patrick Vieira

Re: Rvp stay Vs Go

Postby slick1015 » Tue May 15, 2012 6:32 am

Arsenal comeback performances have been incredible from 2-0 down to 3-2 in Fa cup vs aston villa from 2-1 down to 5-2 agnst the yids and from 2-1 down to 5-3 agnst chelski........................................
wiNgs
slick1015
Patrick Vieira

Postby Özilfan » Tue May 15, 2012 7:21 am

For the reasons you've mentioned Slick, we need to keep him. Signing Podolski is a real statement of intent from Wenger - we mean business. Add in a quality AM - bring back Keown as a defence coach - avoid the crippling injuries we had this season and we should have a chance for next season.
Özilfan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby slick1015 » Tue May 15, 2012 8:38 am

Arshavinfan wrote:For the reasons you've mentioned Slick, we need to keep him. Signing Podolski is a real statement of intent from Wenger - we mean business. Add in a quality AM - bring back Keown as a defence coach - avoid the crippling injuries we had this season and we should have a chance for next season.

Yupp we need a creative midfielder p.s i guess having steve bould as the new AM will give arsenal a new dimesion!
wiNgs
slick1015
Patrick Vieira

Postby slick1015 » Tue May 15, 2012 8:38 am

dimension *
wiNgs
slick1015
Patrick Vieira

Postby ivan itchybum » Tue May 15, 2012 8:44 am

the meeting with Wenger and the board is happening today I believe so we'll know soon enough!
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

PreviousNext

Return to 10. Robin Van Persie