It has started - RVP to??? - EDIT: United

Re: It has started - RVP to???

Postby GunnGunn » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:29 pm

Plymouth Gooner wrote:Who said 17m and chiellini? LOL

Is that us giving them 17m?

I'd settle for a straight swap, chiellini is what we've been needing since the first time sol left!

No he isn't.

I'd seriously question your judgement if you think Chiellini is worth a straight swap for RvP.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby mg86 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:48 pm

Van Persie only has a year left on his contract, so the fee won't be as massive as we think.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby StLGooner » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:51 pm

mg86 wrote:Van Persie only has a year left on his contract, so the fee won't be as massive as we think.

If it was only 10 mil, it would be more valuable to Arsenal to just keep him for another season and let him leave for free. Cause he could help us get a CL spot again.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby CynicalGooner » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:42 pm

Anything under £25m isn't worth selling him for, rather just keep him for a season. Those £8m bid reports are almost unbelievable, but then, this is Juve....
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby elkanofan » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:42 pm

I'm actually resigned to losing him. I mean how come Bale in all of Spurs's turmoil comes out with a new contract extensions yet RVP after two progressive signings doesn't do anything.

Think he's looking to go, but wants something special from Wenger to change his mind.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Yorkyblue » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:45 pm

elkanofan wrote:I'm actually resigned to losing him. I mean how come Bale in all of Spurs's turmoil comes out with a new contract extensions yet RVP after two progressive signings doesn't do anything.

Think he's looking to go, but wants something special from Wenger to change his mind.

Wenger should just go slam a really public £30mill bid down for Messi. Then the same for Ronaldo an hour later.

None will be accepted so Wenger wouldn't have to worry about having to pay for players but it would probably give some players a WHAT THE f**k moment and encourage them to sign for the club/sign new contracts. :lol:
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby elkanofan » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:55 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:
TRA Dial Square wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:
TRA Dial Square wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:If he signs for City it's just for money. If he signs for somebody else it isn't.

Makes no sense to me.

You could argue 'ambition' But let's face it, would City have been able to lure the players they've got now, those title winning players without the Sheik's money? Honestly? Simple answer which we both know, is no...

Therefore would RvP (IF he's considering it anyway) even consider City as a viable option over Arsenal, ambition aside... IF the money wasn't there? Again, simple answer is no.

I'm not slating City but c'mon Yorky we both know that's the truth of it all.

Therefore after the clear ambition our club is showing at the moment, in order to challenge for the title predominantly and keep RvP as a bonus - IF he were to end up at City... Ambition was a clear smoke-screen.

2 years ago it was true as we needed that to get us to the top.

Swallow that pride mate lol. Wouldn't kill you to just admit I had a very valid point ;)

It was kinda true mate. It's not now though. I don't think many players would move JUST for money. They would have to see something else as well.

if you look around in the world these days, how many 'true leaders', i mean 'true individuals' do you see about.

One thing I've realized is that the majority of people int his world, just follow others. You do get many people who are genuinely individual.

Where i'm going with this, relating to what Torres said when he left Chelsea, it's something playing on many players mind, watching others leave clubs like arsenal, like spurs etc.. going on to bigger clubs to win things.

You could say its simply van Perise thinking. I'm a top player (he is) i should win trophies (he should), i'll do what Cesc, and Mercenasri did! and what Clichy did and what Adefucking motherfuckcuntwhre did, and what Kolo did.

Wanting to win it in fairy tale fashion hasn't worked. if you can't beat the money spenders, just follow and join them.

We need to remove the conditioning that ambition = money! every club is ambitious, it's simply f***ked up that some can't show their ambition because they don't have the cash no matter how hard they work. and no that doesn't include us since our board members just pocket all the profit we make clearly!
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

It has started - RVP to???

Postby Arsenal Tone » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:33 pm

If he goes it is for trophies, not money.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:11 pm

8 million ?. That is the f***ing BIGGEST insult in Football EVER.
I want Carl Jenkinson back in a Arsenal shirt next season.
EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby pawiel » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:27 pm

EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC wrote:8 million ?. That is the f***ing BIGGEST insult in Football EVER.

its little bit low but i can see wenger would not hesitate to do the same if hes got a chance :rofll:
pawiel
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby fari » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:43 pm

pawiel wrote:
EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC wrote:8 million ?. That is the f***ing BIGGEST insult in Football EVER.

its little bit low but i can see wenger would not hesitate to do the same if hes got a chance :rofll:

10 million is low but it's just to start the bidding. he may go for about 15 million
fari
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby TRA Dial Square » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:45 pm

Or not.
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby TRA Dial Square » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:52 pm

PHW:

As far as I am aware, nobody has made any offer for him [Robin] and he is away so we are not in any dialogue at all. We are not in the remotest bit interested in selling him.
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby TRA Dial Square » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:56 pm

Robin van Persie will hold crunch talks with Arsene Wenger this week, as Arsenal insist they are not "in the remotest bit" interested in selling him.

Italian champions Juventus claim they have had a rock-bottom £8million approach for van Persie turned down, but the Gunners claim they have not had an offer and will fight to keep their captain.

Juve are only prepared to go up to £15m for the 28-year-old Dutchman, who only has 12 months left on his current deal.

Manchester City are also poised to move in for van Persie this week.

Van Persie is on holiday after playing at Euro 2012, but is planning on talking to Arsenal manager Wenger by phone this week.

He has already made it clear he will not sign the new £130,000-a-week, three-year contract the Gunners are offering.

Meanwhile, Arsenal chairman Peter Hill-Wood said: “As far as I am aware, nobody has made any offer for him and he is away so we are not in any dialogue at all.

“We are not in the remotest bit interested in selling him.”

Despite Hill-Wood’s stance, Arsenal face a dilemma over whether to sell van Persie this summer or lose him on a free at the end of the coming season.

They are prepared to hold van Persie to his contract unless a) the transfer fee offered becomes too much to turn down and b) the Dutchman makes it clear he will sulk his way through the final year of his deal.

Unless Juventus increase their offer, City are the only serious contenders. Although Paris Saint-Germain and ambitious Russian side Anzhi Makhachkala are also in the frame.

Arsenal sold midfielder Samir Nasri to City last summer when he only had a year left, and now face the same situation with van Persie.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... al-1111953

Whole lot, esp in bold sounds like a crock IMO. - And no, that's not because it fits w/ my hopes/belief. It's b/c they've had a bloody media blackout so there's no way the media could know any of this - Except obviously PHW's bit b/c he's openly said it and there's a quote.
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby TRA Dial Square » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:08 pm

lol quote of the week right here, if this guy was on the forum... The last line.

Me: "He has already made it clear he will not sign the new £130,000-a-week, three-year contract the Gunners are offering." What a load of shit.

Him: According to 'inside' mirror sources

Me: Sources who were able to get into the pre-blackout meeting?

Him: Well I mean maybe the journalists shape shifted into their natural form, and as cockroaches infiltrated the meeting.
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to 10. Robin Van Persie