Very interesting interview with RvP in The Times

Very interesting interview with RvP in The Times

Postby TRA Dial Square » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:26 pm

Very interesting interview with Robin in The Times however it's behind a payblock so if someone's got a subscription feel free to copy/paste it. Here's just a run down of some of the stuff mentioned.

• He 'likes the idea' of staying at Arsenal, he is settled.

• He is very impressed with Arsenal's recent form.

• Apparently there are fewer clubs with the 'Financial Muscle' to buy him than he/his agent first thought (which doesn't bother him) but the suitor list doesn't interest him.

• He's extremely impressed with the behind the scenes work, and squad strengthening that has been going on recently.

• And a very interesting one... Robin apparently has been able to "help choose an attacking player" who will be brought in (Someone who plays the CAM position)

I can already see some people's reactions to point 3. But I think that's been taken wrong, to be honest... By the interviewer. It makes Robin seem as if he's saying "No-one's paying me big enough bucks to move on"... I don't think that was his meaning at all.
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Re: Very interesting interview with RvP in The Times

Postby ivan itchybum » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:32 pm

I like the bit about him getting to choose an attacking player to try to bring to the club :)
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby TRA Dial Square » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:35 pm

I like the bit about him being impressed recently and him being settled here and liking to stay... :hiding:
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby StLGooner » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:36 pm

ivan itchybum wrote:I like the bit about him getting to choose an attacking player to try to bring to the club :)

I hate that part, players shouldn't be allowed to do that, that is the manager or the boards job. And if the manager or the board can't choose the right players then we need a new manager or board members.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby TRA Dial Square » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:39 pm

ChVint22 wrote:
ivan itchybum wrote:I like the bit about him getting to choose an attacking player to try to bring to the club :)

I hate that part, players shouldn't be allowed to do that, that is the manager or the boards job. And if the manager or the board can't choose the right players then we need a new manager or board members.

Wenger's been playing FM... Sometimes in order to appease and keep a player you want, you ask them who they'd like to see playing at the club.

Maybe this could work to everybody's advantage. It's now making me wonder whether RvP has already done the choosing and if so, why Media haven't picked up on it.

I'm going kneejerk now though - Seems he'll sign a new contract. Fab/Nasri DID NOT say they were impressed, settled and wanting to stay before anyone says anything and as a matter of fact neither did Viera or Henry - Said they would, didn't say they WANTED TO/WOULD LIKE TO.
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby ivan itchybum » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:41 pm

ChVint22 wrote:

It basically guarantees us that he's staying...
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby StLGooner » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:41 pm

TRA Dial Square wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:

Wenger's been playing FM... Sometimes in order to appease and keep a player you want, you ask them who they'd like to see playing at the club.

You wouldn't have to do that if you signed the correct players in the first place, and didn't let certain ones go, and that's the point, we shouldn't be at this point to where we have to give certain players privileges in hopes that they want to stay.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ivan itchybum » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:43 pm

ChVint22 wrote:
TRA Dial Square wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:

You wouldn't have to do that if you signed the correct players in the first place, and didn't let certain ones go, and that's the point, we shouldn't be at this point to where we have to give certain players privileges in hopes that they want to stay.

but we are... so watcha gonna do about it :dontknow:

ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby TRA Dial Square » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:44 pm

^ lol
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby GunnGunn » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:46 pm

I think it would kill Wenger to lose our last truly world class player so i can see some truth in it.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby TRA Dial Square » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:48 pm

GunnGunn wrote:I think it would kill Wenger to lose our last truly world class player so i can see some truth in it.

Well it was a direct interview with RvP, there's actual quotes in the article those are just snippets.
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Leody » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:52 pm

GunnGunn wrote:I think it would kill Wenger to lose our last truly world class player so i can see some truth in it.

I don't even want to imagine the outrage from the fanbase if we lose RVP... :dizzy:
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby mg86 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:56 pm

Robin for me has literally entered the arena of reverened Arsenal players, a slot once held by people only like Fabregas and Henry. Absolutely love the guy and would shed man tears if he left big time, honestly.

This news is very encouraging and I think we really should be optimistic about this news.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby StLGooner » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:58 pm

ivan itchybum wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:
TRA Dial Square wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:

but we are... so watcha gonna do about it :dontknow:

Gonna keep stating my opinion just like everyone else.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby GunnGunn » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:01 pm

Leody wrote:

I don't even want to imagine the outrage from the fanbase if we lose RVP... :dizzy:

I imagine the outrage when we replace him with Onbongo Bongo from Congo will be far worse :grin:
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Next

Return to 10. Robin Van Persie