Real Madrid want RVP

Real Madrid want RVP

Postby Maxduke » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:41 pm

Didn't know where to put this so... Move it if it's not in the right place, please. ;)

Real Madrid will make an offer for Robin van Persie in the summer as they join the £30million race for the Arsenal striker.

Manchester City and Barcelona are also keen on the Dutchman, 28, who has 16 months left on his Arsenal contract and is yet to commit to another deal.

Madrid will also look to put Argentina striker Gonzalo Higuain in as part of the deal. Higuain, 24, is a target for Chelsea but has been long admired by Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger.

Sportsmail revealed last week that Real Madrid president Florentino Perez is plotting an ambitious move for Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero.

But it appears boss Jose Mourinho would rather go for Van Persie, who has the versatility to play as an imposing No 9 such as Didier Drogba, or take a place on either flank.

Mourinho's own future at the Bernabeu is in serious doubt, but he has told his bosses that 28-year-old Van Persie would be a perfect fit.

Barcelona vice-president Josep Maria Bartomeu has done little to calm reports linking his club with a move, saying only that there would be no immediate move for the former Feyenoord player.
'There is nothing going on at the moment,' he said. 'There are some rumours, but this is not the right time to talk about Van Persie.
'We have to focus on our performances on the pitch.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... e-30m.html

I realise it's the Daily Fail but my question to you Arsenal fans is, with 12 months left on his contract(by time this deal can be done) would you accept £30M + Higuain if that's what the deal is or would you run the risk and hope he signs?
Maxduke
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Re: Real Madrid want RVP

Postby TRA Dial Square » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:43 pm

The story's bunk... Barcelona have already denied any interest let alone enquiry over RvP - Said they were focused on still getting Neymar and also been watching Monkey-Boy Bale... Citeh haven't even remotely insinuated nor hinted at wanting him either - It's just naming off 3 'Big named clubs'.

But to answer your question - No I would not take it... And I still think he'll renew for a further season, at least.
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Trina » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:43 pm

Over the next 6 months loads of clubs will be rumoured to sign him.

What I do find frustrating though is him not signing another contract. Im wondering wether he will wait till the end of the season and see if we win anything, then decide wether to stay or go.
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Inchpräctice » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:55 pm

As ever I'll raise the obvious issue of whether RVP would want to go to a club where he'll be rotated with 19 other world class strikers.
Yes, he's more likely to win a trophy but if he only plays a third of all the games he could've played (due to rotation) will he be happy to finish his career like that?
Personally I'd rather play than be on the bench at his age but that's just me.

Big fish, small pond etc.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby gzagee » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:53 pm

I read in the Mirror that Madrid have set sights on RvP regardless of whether or not Mourinho is manager beyond this season.

This rumour has originated from Marca.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:55 pm

We should offer him a bumper 5 year deal with wages to match his stature and solve this matter once and for all. Personally i want him to retire here as a gooner legend. His game does not rely entirely on pace so for me he will be good enough to play at top level for the next 5 years.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby nassau_gunner » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:13 pm

Inchpractice wrote:As ever I'll raise the obvious issue of whether RVP would want to go to a club where he'll be rotated with 19 other world class strikers.
Yes, he's more likely to win a trophy but if he only plays a third of all the games he could've played (due to rotation) will he be happy to finish his career like that?
Personally I'd rather play than be on the bench at his age but that's just me.

Big fish, small pond etc.

I would think that at his age winning trophies would be more important than minutes played. Let's be honest the level he's playing in right now, he's immediately the 2nd or 3rd best player at Barcelona or Madrid so it's not like he'll be struggling for a place in the team. And it might even prolong his career not having to play in every competition. I think that's a big part of our injury problems here at Arsenal, the fixture demand. Just look at cesc his last 2 years here.

I hope he stays, because I agree if he wins here at Arsenal (I mean a championship(s) or champions league) he'll probably be elevated to Legend status which he wold never be able to accomplish at this point of his career at another big club. And despite how shit we've been this year we're still not that far off from being able to accomplish that, but obviously that depends on the level of investment the club are going to make in the immediate future and i'd bet my next paycheck that's exactly what he's waiting to find out...and honestly, I can't blame him. This is turning out almost exactly like the end of Henry's career the only difference being that RVP still has more than a few good years left provided he stays healthy.
nassau_gunner
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby dubgooner » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:29 pm

Wenger let's this happen all the time, letting a player go so close to the end of their contracts. RvP is a world class player , and we should be giving him a good deal. Wenger probably waiting on RvP's next injury too see!
Without that little voice in your head, you wouldn't be able to read this!
dubgooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Fabrestuta » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:24 pm

I said RvP would be wearing white next season and even bet my dick that he wouldn't be playing for Arsenal. If he does leave then Real are the logical choice and precisely where I think he'll end up. Regardless of whether this story is true or not.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:31 pm

We either sell him this summer or get him to sign a new contract; no other alternatives. If RVP leaves on a free I will swim all the way to England and punch Wenger square in his face.
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Leody » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:45 pm

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... st?cc=5901

ESPN Soccernet wrote:Van Persie could seek Madrid move

Arsenal captain Robin van Persie has reportedly told Spanish newspaper MARCA that he would be "excited" by a move to Real Madrid.

Van Persie, 28, is out of contract in the summer of 2013 and, although Arsenal plan to hold talks over an extension before the end of the season, talk has been gathering pace that Barcelona and Madrid plan to make a move.

"I am happy to hear of the interest of a club as important as Real Madrid," Van Persie is quoted as telling MARCA. "Of course I would be excited to play there."

However, he added: "I do not think Arsenal will be willing to negotiate."

Former Madrid director Jorge Valdano does not believe the club need Van Persie and has suggested the Camp Nou would be a more appropriate destination.

"Van Persie is needed more at Barcelona than at Real Madrid in my opinion," Valdano told El Larguero. "Madrid are already pretty close to having perfect squad."

Van Persie is currently the Premier League's top goalscorer, having netted 22 goals in his 24 appearances so far this season.

Meanwhile, Arsene Wenger has played down suggestions Andrei Arshavin could join Anzhi Makhachkala or former club Zenit St Petersburg before the Russian transfer window closes this month. "I expect him to be here after February 24 and that is clear," Wenger said.

MARCA... soooo yeah... take it with a HUGE lump of salt.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby StLGooner » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:14 pm

These stories usually start with shit sources................but they usually turn out to be true. I'm already preparing myself mentally for him to be off.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Fabrestuta » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:17 pm

ChVint22 wrote:These stories usually start with shit sources................but they usually turn out to be true. I'm already preparing myself mentally for him to be off.

Indeed. The thing everyone should remember is that we have not been able to hang on to any of our big players in recent years, sadly I doubt RvP will be any different.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Real Madrid want RVP

Postby Arsenal Tone » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:26 pm

25m + Benzema please!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby GunnGunn » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:26 pm

Will be gutting to see him leave, and even more gutting to see the sub par replacement.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Next

Return to 10. Robin Van Persie