Robin van Persie a target for Roberto Mancini

Re: Re: Robin van Persie a target for Roberto Mancini

Postby TRA Dial Square » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:06 pm

ChVint22 wrote:
Leody wrote:
Inchpractice wrote::sleepy2:

+1

Nothing story, fabricated from nothing.

I remember people saying that same thing about Nas and Clichy, and all the others too.

Clichy actually came out of the blue [pun unintended] it wasn't some long, drawn out thing like Nasri's was.

And Robin's not dumb. He knows he'll probably get the same treatment Nasri has done at City unless Mancini intends on offloading Aguero straight away, or Balotelli/Dzeko, considering there's no Tevez to speak of anymore.

Nimley will more than likely come back; although I see Santa Cruz and Adebayor staying at their loan clubs after this season ends.
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby StLGooner » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:38 pm

TRA Dial Square wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:
Leody wrote:

+1

I remember people saying that same thing about Nas and Clichy, and all the others too.

Clichy actually came out of the blue [pun unintended] it wasn't some long, drawn out thing like Nasri's was.

And Robin's not dumb. He knows he'll probably get the same treatment Nasri has done at City unless Mancini intends on offloading Aguero straight away, or Balotelli/Dzeko, considering there's no Tevez to speak of anymore.

Nimley will more than likely come back; although I see Santa Cruz and Adebayor staying at their loan clubs after this season ends.

All I'm saying is, we always think these things are just BS stories, but when they come true everyone is shocked. My point I guess, is that I wouldn't be. And like others have in the past, you're thinking of all the reasons why YOU think he wouldn't leave, but in reality you have no idea what Robin himself is thinking. So that is why you just never really know.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Robin van Persie a target for Roberto Mancini

Postby Herrpoja » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:15 pm

he will be 29 this summer and if he signs a contract with os for lets say 3/4 years that will be his last contract at the top level so he needs to think why he should risk and stay here to win trophies or just go to a club who will win 1 trophy atleast in 2 years.
it's not about loyalty he dident leave after just being here for 4 years and left just after making himself a name ( just an example) he has already been loyal now it's about his on career even vandervart has more trophies then him and noone would say van der vart is better then van persie.

it's his career that matters now and i think thats what he thinks if he dosent think like that kudos to him for putting the club before him
when his career is almost over soon (at the toplevel)
Herrpoja
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Leody » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:32 pm

ChVint22 wrote:
TRA Dial Square wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:
Leody wrote:

+1

All I'm saying is, we always think these things are just BS stories, but when they come true everyone is shocked. My point I guess, is that I wouldn't be. And like others have in the past, you're thinking of all the reasons why YOU think he wouldn't leave, but in reality you have no idea what Robin himself is thinking. So that is why you just never really know.

Difference is, the Nasri stories had quotes straight from Mancini. This one does not. This one takes Tevez's falling out and adds 1+1 to get 17. And not one quote from Mancini.

That's what I was getting at. Was on the phone at the time so it was brief.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Robin van Persie a target for Roberto Mancini

Postby Arsenal Tone » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:36 pm

I think he'll go to Italy or Spain
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:42 pm

Leody wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:
TRA Dial Square wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:
Leody wrote:

+1

Difference is, the Nasri stories had quotes straight from Mancini. This one does not. This one takes Tevez's falling out and adds 1+1 to get 17. And not one quote from Mancini.

I know what you're saying, but most stories, even when they come to be true, alot start from shit sources and crappy journalism. It's not really a good reason to believe or dismiss it, cause lets be honest, this really could happen, whether it's City or some other team.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Leody » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:57 pm

ChVint22 wrote:
Leody wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:
TRA Dial Square wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:
Leody wrote:

+1

I know what you're saying, but most stories, even when they come to be true, alot start from shit sources and crappy journalism. It's not really a good reason to believe or dismiss it, cause lets be honest, this really could happen, whether it's City or some other team.

Yeah, we'll see. I don't see RVP being sold in January though, not given Wenger's recent history. I think he proved with Fabregas that he will hold on to a want away player till the latest possible.

Could happen in the summer since that will be before his last contracted year, but I don't see any chance this happens in January.

Hope that RVP shows there are at least a couple of players out there still that have a conscious and he sticks around. Only time will tell.
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby StLGooner » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:10 pm

Come on Leody, you're smarter than that. You're setting yourself up to be fooled by Wenger yet again. ;)

You know how the saying goes "Fool me once.................." see George Bush for the rest. :)
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Leody » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:37 pm

I honestly don't see it happening this January. He showed with Fabregas that he will hold him till the end of the season almost no matter what. Besides, Wenger may be crazy and delusional, but surely even he knows that his charished 4th position would be lost without RVP after January.

Summer, maybe. I do think there's a good chance he could leave in the summer.

Assuming you're saying I'm smarter than that in regards to my hoping that RVP has a conscious... then yeah I know I'm being silly thinking there's a chance he does. :lol:
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby StLGooner » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:58 pm

No, hoping that Wenger has any sense, but yeah RvP too, in fact any player these days. You never know what they want, or what they'll do.

I wasn't really talking about him leaving in Jan, I just meant leaving in general.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Leody » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:39 pm

Yeah then I think we'd agree. The way the club has been heading over the last few years I see no way we hold on to him.

He's arguably the best striker in the world, we will not be willing to pay him even half what the other big clubs will offer. Very little chance he stays imo.
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Fabrestuta » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:31 am

I am feeling quite confident that my vow to eat my own dick if van Persie is an Arsenal player at the start of next season will not backfire on me. I would of course hate to be wrong (though I'd like to keep the todger also) but the fact that van Persie is having a sensational season just makes me think that we'll have an even tougher battle to hang onto him.

Maybe if we were to lose him we'd get more than a bag of crisps like Barca gave us for Cesc.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Est83 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:06 pm

The thing is, we're talking about a man that's started his family here in London, not someone that's been here for two or three seasons, and not someone that has emotional (or genetic) ties with other clubs.

I can see him staying.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Leody » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:52 pm

Est, the thing is you know if city want him they will offer more than double our wage offer... if not more than double.

It will be hard for RVP to say no to that, no matter how much he likes London.

I know I'd move to another city, any other city, for the last few years of my career for the silly money he'd be sure to get.
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Est83 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:03 pm

Henry started a family here as well :lol:

I know money turns most heads, but I have faith in him... I reckon he'll stay.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

PreviousNext

Return to 10. Robin Van Persie