Marco van Basten: Robin should stay at Arsenal forever

Postby Git » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:42 am

Former Hollland coach Marco van Basten says that Robin van Persie should never leave Arsenal because he’s at the perfect club already.

The AC Milan legend admits he might be something of an idealist but also says that Arsenal should do whatever it takes to ensure van Persie signs a new deal and spends the rest of his career at the Grove. Quoted in the Sunday Mirror, van Basten said:

“Robin must not leave Arsenal. You can’t compare my situation at Ajax. The big difference is that Robin is ­already at a big club. Robin has been in London for six years. He can’t help it that ­Arsenal have won ­nothing in that time.

“So much has changed in those six years in the Premier League. Chelsea have become a big club and have massive ­financial resources. Manchester City have ­become a big force and are richer than any other club. The amount of money which is flowing to these clubs for transfers is unbelievable. Arsenal operate differently. I admire that.”

“I still think Arsenal are the most beautiful club in ­England. At Man City and Chelsea, they will never have that class and style. Arsenal have the most ­amazing stadium, they have a style of play, they have a ­beautiful shirt – in every way I consider Arsenal as the ­ultimate football club. It is the club where Robin belongs.”

“Do I sound like an ­idealist? Maybe I do, but all those things ­Arsenal have to offer can play a part in the decision to stay there. The foundations are there.

However, van Basten warned that his fellow Dutchman needs help to bring success and trophies back to Arsenal, and suggested van Persie should pressurise the manager, and the board, to invest in the team.

“I know Robin can’t do it all on his own. But he will have to put pressure on the people in charge, on the board, on the owner, on everyone who is involved in the highest ­echelons of the club, that they keep doing the right things for Arsenal, so the team can ­compete at the highest level.

“Robin now has to make sure the club makes the right ­decisions, so Arsenal will be run properly. He can say to ­Arsenal: ‘I can leave or I can stay. Just tell me: Do you want to go for bigger things with me? Yes? Then you will have to invest. If you don’t want to, that’s fine, but then I am going’.

“Arsenal are a really big club. With a few more ­top- quality players around him, Robin will improve his chances when it comes to winning things and being successful.’’

http://news.arseblog.com/2011/11/van-ba ... l-forever/

I love the Dutch.

Except Dejan, I hate him, the filthy prostitute.
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Re: Marco van Basten: Robin should stay at Arsenal forever

Postby Dejan » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:45 am

w***er

“I still think Arsenal are the most beautiful club in ­England. At Man City and Chelsea, they will never have that class and style. Arsenal have the most ­amazing stadium, they have a style of play, they have a ­beautiful shirt – in every way I consider Arsenal as the ­ultimate football club. It is the club where Robin belongs.”

:clap:
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Git » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:47 am

Respect Van Basten, he's a legend.

Kids these days, no respect. :naughty:

That bit is my favourite bit too, epic thing to say. :arse flag.gif:
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby shamrock11 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:14 am

Fair play for saying that,hopefully it influences Robin to sign a new contract!
OOH OOH OOH TO BE OOH TO BE A GOONER!
shamrock11
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:19 am

Git wrote:
However, van Basten warned that his fellow Dutchman needs help to bring success and trophies back to Arsenal, and suggested van Persie should pressurise the manager, and the board, to invest in the team.

“I know Robin can’t do it all on his own. But he will have to put pressure on the people in charge, on the board, on the owner, on everyone who is involved in the highest ­echelons of the club, that they keep doing the right things for Arsenal, so the team can ­compete at the highest level.

“Robin now has to make sure the club makes the right ­decisions, so Arsenal will be run properly. He can say to ­Arsenal: ‘I can leave or I can stay. Just tell me: Do you want to go for bigger things with me? Yes? Then you will have to invest. If you don’t want to, that’s fine, but then I am going’.

My fav part.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:24 am

Lots of compliments to the club but there was still the bit about needing the club to match RVP's ambition! Not sure that is going to happen!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby yosifun » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:55 am

Epic quote!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

He should come and work for us! he obviously loves our club and admires it's history and style.
yosifun
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Swan » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:06 pm

i'm gunna be a downer ...i wish he would stay but i fear he will leave and especially after his recent form clubs are going to be sniffing around.. he can go and pressure the board all he wants to match his ambition but we all truly know how well that will work..
Swan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby rodney » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:26 pm

The board probably have a price in mind already. Madrid, Barca and City have probably made initial enquiries. Things may go further in January talking wise. In the Summer it will become official.

Robin has been here for eight years. He has been more than loyal. He is coming to an age where he wants to be winning trophies. Our side aren't going to be doing that. We can't even offer him a big money deal to convince him to stay.
rodney
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby starmandb » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:06 pm

rodney wrote:The board probably have a price in mind already. Madrid, Barca and City have probably made initial enquiries. Things may go further in January talking wise. In the Summer it will become official.

Robin has been here for eight years. He has been more than loyal. He is coming to an age where he wants to be winning trophies. Our side aren't going to be doing that. We can't even offer him a big money deal to convince him to stay.

lovely ..
motivational coach job going
just tell them not to bother going out for the 4 trophys we are in
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby AFC10 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:19 pm

rodney wrote:The board probably have a price in mind already. Madrid, Barca and City have probably made initial enquiries. Things may go further in January talking wise. In the Summer it will become official.

There's always one :rolleyes:

For me, Robin has always been really committed. He could of easily left in the summer and left us hanging, i don't see him having anything else on his mind other that staying with us and winning trophys.

Anyway great words from Van Basten, would love to see him part of our club one day been a big admirer of him! :hail:
AFC10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Popey » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:09 pm

nice one from van basten

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:13 pm

bearcum likes this :clap:
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby VCC » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:47 pm

they will say 'we want you Robin we will invest in the club next window................next window comes aw signs some 17 year old from Fiji with bad feet from kicking coconuts.
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Yorkyblue » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:09 pm

To say City have never had class is a bit uncalled for and wrong. He praises Arsenal a lot but it almost reads like he's using it to have a dig.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Next

Return to 10. Robin Van Persie