Apparently now RvP wants OUT of Arsenal... *Yawn*

Re: Apparently now RvP wants OUT of Arsenal... *Yawn*

Postby TRA Dial Square » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:50 pm

Plymouth Gooner wrote:Can you blame him?

You act as if they've EVEN REMOTELY Spoken to Robin about any of this... :naughty:
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Rockin' Robin » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:09 pm

Plymouth Gooner wrote:Can you blame him? Wenger sells our best players and refuses to pay the going rate for replacements.

As i put on twitter a few days ago, if the players don't have any faith in Wenger's methods then why should the fans?

So far this summer, who out of our best players has Wenger sold? And he's got another two months to get in replacements, he's just trying to make sure we get the best deal possible.

Don't take this report as gospel, there are no quotes and from what RVP has said, it sounds like complete scare-mongering nonsense.
Rockin' Robin
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby ProudGooner » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:11 pm

All the players that have ambition will seriously consider leaving us.

The ones that dont have ambition will be happy to stay.
ProudGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Leody » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:15 pm

ProudGooner wrote:All the players that have ambition will seriously consider leaving us.

Not speaking to the RVP story, but I fear you're right, because our manager lacks ambition.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby The Goats Horn » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:21 pm

ProudGooner wrote:All the players that have ambition will seriously consider leaving us.

So do you think Nasri would take a wage cut to win trophies with another club??

I call b*****ks to that.

It's the excuse that he will no doubtlessly use but don't be fooled,MONEY is the real motivator
The Goats Horn
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Leody » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:33 pm

The Goats Horn wrote:

So do you think Nasri would take a wage cut to win trophies with another club??

I call b*****ks to that.

It's the excuse that he will no doubtlessly use but don't be fooled,MONEY is the real motivator

But their ambition to win a trophy will indeed keep them from staying here for less.

It would take an exceptional level of loyalty to stick it out with Wenger, something that is becoming almost extinct anywhere in football today.
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby mg86 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:49 pm

Look at it this way, if City get Clichy, we get a good chance at Baines, who is a better LB right now then Gael. If we lose Cesc, we lose a captain who is dropping his head, who get's injured every 4 weeks with his hamstring like Torres and wants off anyway. Nasri is a CAM, wow we don't have any of those and even if he does leave I admit his form was specific to the first half of the season, he couldn't maintain it the entire year. If we lose Arshavin, we lose a player who was getting CONSTANTLY criticized on here and who doesn't help out on defense at all until the end of the year.

The team cannot improve if the reasons for why its mentality sucked are not addressed and the team weaknesses are not removed. Dramatic changes have to happen for this team to emerge from the past season's failure, which I view as an emmense failure when we had the perfect opportunity to steal the league with Utd and Chelsea drawing games left and right.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Massa » Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:56 pm

1) We wont get Baines if Clichy leaves
2) Dropping head injured Cesc is better than no Cesc
3) 'Nasri is a CAM, wow we don't have any of those' No we don't if both Cesc and Nasri leave, not any good ones anyway
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:04 pm

Rockin' Robin wrote:So far this summer, who out of our best players has Wenger sold? And he's got another two months to get in replacements, he's just trying to make sure we get the best deal possible.

People (including yourself) have said similar things to me this time of year for the last two years running.

'This player won't leave, he loves the club'... then when they do leave they are either 'past their best' or 'a disruptive influence'.

then there's the

'Wait until the transfer deadline passes before you complain'.

That is complete and utter nonsense. By the time the deadline comes around we will have had the CL qualifiers and big games against Liverpool and Man Utd. If we take our form from the end of last season into next season then we are well and truly f#@%ed!!!

There is no defending Wenger for not acting early in the transfer window. There is nothing to expect that this window's transfer activity will be any different to the last couple of years. The fact that Nasri, Fabregas and Clichy have all been linked to transfers away from the club suggest that they no longer believe in Wenger's methods and if the players feel that way then why should the fans keep the faith?

I have no faith in Wenger anymore and I can't see how anyone can argue that Wenger has any intention of bringing the club forward - he has said himself that he will be sticking to his principles in the transfer market and that means he needs to go if we are ever going to get back to winning ways.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Leody » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:13 pm

This window is going to be none too dissimilar from windows of recent past.

Why people think otherwise is beyond me. I'm with you PG. We'll hear all the same things we've been hearing for years.
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby shamrock11 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:32 pm

What a load of bullshit RvP would never leave
OOH OOH OOH TO BE OOH TO BE A GOONER!
shamrock11
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby mg86 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:36 pm

Massa wrote:1) We wont get Baines if Clichy leaves
3) 'Nasri is a CAM, wow we don't have any of those' No we don't if both Cesc and Nasri leave, not any good ones anyway

1) No way of knowing that , but I'm saying the opportunity to get him is almost perfect because City would be the main rival going for him as I don't see a Everton player going to Liverpool
2)No actually that is spot on the reason we suffered under Gallas as captain, but yes we would benefit from him playing but that is without the armband
3)If Rosicky comes back he is a good as Nasri in my book for the midfield, just offers a different package, Wilshere is the new Fabregas of Arsenal and was more consistent and more important for us than him this last season
Szczesny
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Zedie » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:47 pm

mg86 wrote:
Massa wrote:1) We wont get Baines if Clichy leaves

1) No way of knowing that , but I'm saying the opportunity to get him is almost perfect because City would be the main rival going for him as I don't see a Everton player going to Liverpool
2)No actually that is spot on the reason we suffered under Gallas as captain, but yes we would benefit from him playing but that is without the armband
3)If Rosicky comes back he is a good as Nasri in my book for the midfield, just offers a different package, Wilshere is the new Fabregas of Arsenal and was more consistent and more important for us than him this last season

1) Theoretical opportunity? Yes. Likelyhood of Wenger breaking the club transfer record for a left back. NO. This wont happen, optimistic at best.
2) Agreed, armband needs to be given to someone who gives shit.
3) Rosicky becoming the main AM is not the answer if Cesc and Nas leave. He's not going to get back to top form consistently in the time he has left in football. If they both go, we're going to need a SERIOUS midfield replacement and we havent been linked with anyone of worth in that department yet.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby The Goats Horn » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:02 pm

Real Madrid linked

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2011/07/15 ... an-persie/

Where do they make this s**t up?
The Goats Horn
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby mg86 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:23 am

Are you joking me?

With Cesc and Nasri looking to return, we are a better team than Tottenham and Liverpool and of the teams remaining, I think we are equal with City and better than Chelsea and their aging squad. Only Man Utd stands as truly hard test, and even then I won't doubt our chances to pull something from a game with them.

The people on this site are turning into the worst supporters. Makes me f***ing ashamed. What happened to any belief in our players and opting for a positive outlook and expecting something good to happen.

Seriously look at our squad:

Cesc=Best midfielder in the league
Song= Top three cdm in the league
Vermaelen=top three cb in the league
RvP=best striker in the league
Sagna=best rb in the league
Nasri= top three cam in the league
Wilshere= one of the top midfielders in the league

How can a team with these players not be ambitious? Now add Gervinho to the list, and another one or two. That team is one of the best in the world let alone England.
Szczesny
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

PreviousNext

Return to 10. Robin Van Persie