Still our best striker

Still our best striker

Postby gzagee » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:32 pm

Form is temporary, injury a nuisance but class is undoubtedly permanent!
He is still our best striker and should not be sold.
He's had his longest run in the team for some time, and I'm glad he's found his form HERE, not at some other club.

Long may it continue.

Robin Van Persie! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

:arsenal3:
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Re: Still our best striker

Postby Gould » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:33 pm

The people in the sell rvp thread must feel silly so what he gets injured he Is world class
Gould
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby CynicalGooner » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:35 pm

It was never in doubt

But did anyone else fear he was broken when he stayed down for a while in the first half?
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Forest » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:36 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:It was never in doubt

But did anyone else fear he was broken when he stayed down for a while in the first half?

Same when he clashed with a plyaer at Brum.
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Trina » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:41 pm

Gould wrote:The people in the sell rvp thread must feel silly so what he gets injured he Is world class

Arrrghhhh!!!!!!!!!

So if he gets injured the rest of the season its ok because he just got a hat trick and is a great player? Come on!
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Popey » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:00 pm

Jay22 wrote:I have always been a great fan of his and don't like the idea of him being sold, specially when we all know that Wenger won't buy a replacement.

RVP is sheer class, there are few players who have such ridiculous amount of skill that he has, makes us 10 times better as a team when he plays.

that's my main reason why I don't want us to sell him.

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Gould » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:09 pm

Trina wrote:
Gould wrote:The people in the sell rvp thread must feel silly so what he gets injured he Is world class

Arrrghhhh!!!!!!!!!

So if he gets injured the rest of the season its ok because he just got a hat trick and is a great player? Come on!

no what im saying is dispite his bad record with injurys and general bad luck, he is a player that for what.. 20m you could get someone that wouldnt touch him in terms of goals or general skill/class
Gould
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Massa » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:10 pm

I have always maintained that he should never be sold, great player. Pretty sure someone said he should play in the reserves for the rest of the season until he can prove his fitness
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Forest » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:10 pm

Was there any doubt he wasnt our best striker?
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby GunnGunn » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:15 pm

Massa wrote:I have always maintained that he should never be sold, great player. Pretty sure someone said he should play in the reserves for the rest of the season until he can prove his fitness

I did.

He still hasn't proved his fitness, a hat-trick doesn't prove anything we didn't already know, that he is a top player.

I don't agree with having this ability for half a season or less however, its detrimental to the team when he gets injured and anyone who doesn't think so is living in some make believe fairy tale bullshit lala land.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby GunnGunn » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:16 pm

Forest wrote:Was there any doubt he wasnt our best striker?

There was never any doubt which makes the thread rather pointless (No offence Gza)...

Unless people thought thaat ability wise Chamakh and Bendtner are better? Ability wise there are few in the World better.
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby gzagee » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:29 pm

None taken Gunn, though i should point out that's five goals in three games.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby GunnGunn » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:03 pm

Yeah i know Gza, its very impressive and the team is looking brilliant at the moment, he seems to have that kind of infectious ability that Bergs and Henry had, the kind that makes the entire team from GK to up top do well.

Its why i have been especially damning of his fitness and why at times i have been so adverse to him returning, because i want us to do it without him because he is so unreliable.

As i have said, he goes out, we have a slump, get better, just in time for him to come back and make us look literally unbeatable, he goes out, we have another slump and the cycle continues...

That is what i don't agree with, no amount of ability can dispute that.

I love RvP, he is an Arsenal fan, i don't think he would ever leave us but another injury (God forbid, touch wood) and you have to ask yourself is it worth someone with that ability taking up the place in the squad of someone who could be brought in, who can score goals and stay fit for a season?

Sometimes you just have to cut the cord...

He is 27 now and only twice in his career has ever played 40+ games and he has NEVER played more than 30 Prem games for us.

Do peeps really think this is the beginning of a brand new RvP.

I hate to bring a downer on this thread but people saying flippant remarks like "I bet those people saying he should be sold feel like mugs now"...

Err...NO! Because as has been covered, his ability has never been questioned, i personally believe his technique and ability is not matched by any player on this Earth when he is in full flight, he is just that good, and i stagger to think how good he could be if he could put these issues behind him.

As far as i am concerned however, he is only 27, he has never been Linford Christie so his best years are ahead of him, he could be a top player for the next 5 years or longer...

But he is one big injury from the scrapheap IMO.
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby gzagee » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:07 pm

Jay22 wrote:
gzagee wrote:None taken Gunn, though i should point out that's five goals in three games.

6. :arse fan:

I think it's five in the last three games.

Six in the last seven.
;)
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Yorkyblue » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:31 pm

GunnGunn wrote:Yeah i know Gza, its very impressive and the team is looking brilliant at the moment, he seems to have that kind of infectious ability that Bergs and Henry had, the kind that makes the entire team from GK to up top do well.

Its why i have been especially damning of his fitness and why at times i have been so adverse to him returning, because i want us to do it without him because he is so unreliable.

As i have said, he goes out, we have a slump, get better, just in time for him to come back and make us look literally unbeatable, he goes out, we have another slump and the cycle continues...

That is what i don't agree with, no amount of ability can dispute that.

I love RvP, he is an Arsenal fan, i don't think he would ever leave us but another injury (God forbid, touch wood) and you have to ask yourself is it worth someone with that ability taking up the place in the squad of someone who could be brought in, who can score goals and stay fit for a season?

Sometimes you just have to cut the cord...

He is 27 now and only twice in his career has ever played 40+ games and he has NEVER played more than 30 Prem games for us.

Do peeps really think this is the beginning of a brand new RvP.

I hate to bring a downer on this thread but people saying flippant remarks like "I bet those people saying he should be sold feel like mugs now"...

Err...NO! Because as has been covered, his ability has never been questioned, i personally believe his technique and ability is not matched by any player on this Earth when he is in full flight, he is just that good, and i stagger to think how good he could be if he could put these issues behind him.

As far as i am concerned however, he is only 27, he has never been Linford Christie so his best years are ahead of him, he could be a top player for the next 5 years or longer...

But he is one big injury from the scrapheap IMO.

This.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Next

Return to 10. Robin Van Persie