Is RvP still the main man? or is it time....

Re: Is RvP still the main man? or is it time....

Postby Goose » Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:54 pm

Jay22 wrote:When fit, i will take him over Rooney any day. He is still the man and out team is twice as better when he plays, no way he should be sold.

Exactly

He is our best striker, injuries or not, he improves our team when he plays

Plus his work rate is equivalent to about 10 Arshavins, then again some people want Arshavin sold as well, then there were the people saying Theo should be sold, oh yeah the ones who said to sell Bendtner, or cant forge the ones who said to sell Rosicky as well.

Sooooo, whatever ever happened to squad depth?

Because, you know if AW sells him, he wont be buying a replacement
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby TheLittleMozart » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:50 pm

The only way he should be sold,is if AW buys big in another world class striker.
I love the guy and think hes a great player but how long can we afford to continually string him along in the sidelines whilst we struggle season after season without our main striker.
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Leody » Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:05 pm

TheLittleMozart wrote:The only way he should be sold,is if AW buys big in another world class striker.
I love the guy and think hes a great player but how long can we afford to continually string him along in the sidelines whilst we struggle season after season without our main striker.

But we all know Wenger wouldn't buy anybody... and honestly, our poor defending is what has cost us over the last few years, not a lack of goals. Is that down to the system, or players that aren't good enough to play in the system? That's a WHOLE different debate.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Forest » Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:12 pm

Well im glad Bendy took his chance last year after Jan he really stepped up, best thing to come out of RVPs injuries last season.
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby TheLittleMozart » Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:21 pm

Leody wrote:
TheLittleMozart wrote:The only way he should be sold,is if AW buys big in another world class striker.

But we all know Wenger wouldn't buy anybody... and honestly, our poor defending is what has cost us over the last few years, not a lack of goals. Is that down to the system, or players that aren't good enough to play in the system? That's a WHOLE different debate.

I think its been a combination of poor defending and being toothless upfront against the biggers teams and when we play the likes of Man Utds or Chelsea's, its always thier main strikers that do the damage against us.
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Leody » Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:31 pm

TheLittleMozart wrote:
Leody wrote:

I think its been a combination of poor defending and being toothless upfront against the biggers teams and when we play the likes of Man Utds or Chelsea's, its always thier main strikers that do the damage against us.

True, but we've also dropped points to lesser sides because we can't defend well enough.

2 away at Man City should be enough for a point
2 away at Wet Spam and only get a point
1 away at Burnely for just a point
2 at home against Everton and only get a point
2 away at Wigan and get no result

We clean up the defending last year and that's 10 points...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Leody » Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:34 pm

Must be my Italian side, but I've always been more inclined to focus on defending well.
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby AvA » Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:34 pm

it wouldnt matter who we got as a replacement, theyd get injured anyway. were cursed like that.
AvA
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Popey » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:31 pm

Goose wrote:
Jay22 wrote:When fit, i will take him over Rooney any day. He is still the man and out team is twice as better when he plays, no way he should be sold.

Exactly

He is our best striker, injuries or not, he improves our team when he plays

Plus his work rate is equivalent to about 10 Arshavins, then again some people want Arshavin sold as well, then there were the people saying Theo should be sold, oh yeah the ones who said to sell Bendtner, or cant forge the ones who said to sell Rosicky as well.

Sooooo, whatever ever happened to squad depth?

Because, you know if AW sells him, he wont be buying a replacement

exactly! wenger will not buy a worldclass striker if rvp leaves. he will give the chance vela, JET and co to shine.

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby CynicalGooner » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:13 pm

Maxduke wrote:
IMF wrote:Get rid? Yes please. I was ready to get rid a year ago.

There's no point to him. He's a player who gets infinitely better while he's injured but then when he's back he's lost a bit of what he was. Pace, finishing or trickery. They're all going with his injuries and how much is the c*nt paid to sit in the medical room. Can you imagine him picking up the ball on the half way line and going to score a goal? Maybe 5 years ago but not anymore.

Remember this is the player who at least 24 times a match, runs behind a defender or doesn't move to the ball expecting it to go through opposition players.

Who would you rather have in your squad?

Tevez, Drogba, Rooney, Torres, Eto'o etc etc or RVP?

He's not even in the top 10 strikers in the world.

As long as RVP is in the squad; Wenger will NOT buy a super striker as he believes he already has one in RVP. That's why he needs to go.

I agree.

I don't even think he's as good as half of you make out, he wouldn't even make my top 5 Premiership strikers.

So who would be your 5? Stupid thing to say really, it's the opposite - people forget how good he is and underrate him massively, kinda like you are now.
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Rockin' Robin » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:14 pm

Top 5 in no particular order = RVP, Tevez, Rooney, Torres, Drogba.
Rockin' Robin
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby CynicalGooner » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:18 pm

Rockin' Robin wrote:Top 5 in no particular order = RVP, Tevez, Rooney, Torres, Drogba.

Exactly, there's absolutely no way he doesn't make top 5, they are all a class above everyone else. Though I'm expecting an answer like Adebayor or Balotelli which speaks for itself in stupidity.
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Maxduke » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:19 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:
Maxduke wrote:

There's no point to him. He's a player who gets infinitely better while he's injured but then when he's back he's lost a bit of what he was. Pace, finishing or trickery. They're all going with his injuries and how much is the c*nt paid to sit in the medical room. Can you imagine him picking up the ball on the half way line and going to score a goal? Maybe 5 years ago but not anymore.

Remember this is the player who at least 24 times a match, runs behind a defender or doesn't move to the ball expecting it to go through opposition players.

As long as RVP is in the squad; Wenger will NOT buy a super striker as he believes he already has one in RVP. That's why he needs to go.

I agree.

I don't even think he's as good as half of you make out, he wouldn't even make my top 5 Premiership strikers.

So who would be your 5? Stupid thing to say really, it's the opposite - people forget how good he is and underrate him massively, kinda like you are now.

No it's not, massively underrate him? Most of the Arsenal fans call him world class and look forward to RVP returning from injury every season, only to be eventually let down.

I'd have all these guys over RVP...

Drogba, Rooney, Torres, Tevez, Berbatov, Bent, Adebayor, Defoe, Anelka...

The 1st 5 are who I think is better than RVP and the others i'd rather have them in my team.
Maxduke
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Forest » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:21 pm

Maxduke wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:
Maxduke wrote:

I agree.

No it's not, massively underrate him? Most of the Arsenal fans call him world class and look forward to RVP returning from injury every season, only to be eventually let down.

The 1st 5 are who I think is better than RVP and the others i'd rather have them in my team.

Adebayor :rofll:
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Maxduke » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:22 pm

gunner2018 wrote:
Maxduke wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:
Maxduke wrote:

I agree.

Adebayor :rofll:

Not that funny really... Doesn't spend half the season on the injury table, sure he may whinge and yo may not like him but you can't deny his talent.
Maxduke
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to 10. Robin Van Persie