Robin van Persie Amongst the worlds better players.

Re: Robin van Persie Amongst the worlds better players.

Postby Arsenal Tone » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:20 am

All of Fordy's posts in this thread have had me literally laughing out loud. The Mrs wanted to know what I was giggling about.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby CynicalGooner » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:27 pm

His technique is amongst the best in the world, but he's Dutch so what do you expect? I think if his career wasn't so hampered with injuries that people would say his name in the same breath as Torres and Rooney.
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Popey » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:50 pm

without the injuries maybe.

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby mg86 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:03 pm

Christiano Ronaldo is one of the best players to ever touch a ball, enough Messi wanking give some credit to the other freak in Spain. So if their coach said what Wenger said I'd have a hard time arguing against him, cause when your comparing players as good as Messi or Ronaldo, its almost stupid to attempt to compare them.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Q8 Gooner » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:28 am

Fordy wrote:What i dont understand is since all your players are quite clearly the best in the world today and your manager is the best in the world why the hell do you never win anything?

Same reason Real Madrid team of Zidane, Figo, Beckham, R.Carlos, Raul, Ronaldo couldn't win the league on many occasions despite having the best players without a doubt.. and the same reason all the great holland teams has never won a world cup.. It isn't always fair, sometimes luck, sometimes the other team is better than u.. sometimes the mix is not right.. So I still think we have the best manager.. Some of the best players in the world.. We just need to mix it up a bit..
RED ARMY
Q8 Gooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby StLGooner » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:07 pm

Like I said in the other thread. How bad have we missed him all season? It is like night and day between him and Bendtner.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Gunner Down Under » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:14 am

World's better strikers yes. You can't go comparing RvP to Ronaldo unless they move into the same position.

To us he's like our Rooney or Drogba. Bendtner are the equivalent (not literally, in pecking order) of say, Anelka and Berbatov. I'm not going to say who's better or will be better. If VP got injured and played again in February, March? We would have had the trophy in the bag. Not saying if he hadn't got injured anyway. We would have been 20 points clear and scored 120 goals! (I hope)

Shame we haven't seen him much this season. F**k our injuries.
Gunner Down Under
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Arsenal Tone » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:55 am

Q8 Gooner wrote:
Fordy wrote:What i dont understand is since all your players are quite clearly the best in the world today and your manager is the best in the world why the hell do you never win anything?

Same reason Real Madrid team of Zidane, Figo, Beckham, R.Carlos, Raul, Ronaldo couldn't win the league on many occasions despite having the best players without a doubt.. and the same reason all the great holland teams has never won a world cup.. It isn't always fair, sometimes luck, sometimes the other team is better than u.. sometimes the mix is not right.. So I still think we have the best manager.. Some of the best players in the world.. We just need to mix it up a bit..

I thought Real Madrid didn't win anything because they had the stars but lacked any sort of organisation or tactics? :think:
Last edited by Arsenal Tone on Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Rockin' Robin » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:09 pm

Rockin' Robin
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby mg86 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:32 pm

That free kick was a rip! Look at that curve top corner, after seeing that I'm going to work on some free kicks this weekend. :hail: :hail: :hail:
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Fordy » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:04 pm

Plymouth Gooner wrote:
Q8 Gooner wrote:

I thought Real Madrid didn't win anything because they had the stars but lacked and sort of organisation or tactics? :think:

so in short your saying they did have good players just a shit manager
Fordy

Postby Q8 Gooner » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:46 am

Fordy wrote:
Plymouth Gooner wrote:
Q8 Gooner wrote:

I thought Real Madrid didn't win anything because they had the stars but lacked and sort of organisation or tactics? :think:

so in short your saying they did have good players just a shit manager

Wenger is a great manager.. Whether we like him or not is another thing.. He is the 2nd best manager in england ever maybe.. But certainly since the premier league started at least.. He has mistakes.. and we can sit behind our screens everyday slagging him and try to make him the worst manager in the world.. and am sure it would look convincing..
RED ARMY
Q8 Gooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:09 am

Rockin' Robin wrote:

Does that mean the Spuds player whose name I can't even remember is one of the best players in the world too?
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Previous

Return to 10. Robin Van Persie