RVP back for Sp*rs?

Re: RVP back for Sp*rs?

Postby GunnGunn » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:49 pm

Briggsy wrote:
gunngunn wrote:I expect him to get injured and be off for another 6 months.

not content on just jinxing Fabregas?

Nope, its all part of my master plan to make AW invest in the squad.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Massa » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:02 pm

gunngunn wrote:Don't search that shit with safe search off...

That just makes me want to do it.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew.
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby SE13 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:41 am

All over the tv and radio this morning:

Arsenal striker Robin van Persie could make a surprise return to the Gunners squad for Wednesday's crucial trip to Tottenham, BBC Sport understands.

The 26-year-old Dutchman scored eight goals in 11 games before rupturing ankle ligaments during the Netherlands' friendly against Italy last November.

In Van Persie's absence, Arsenal have scored only 1.77 goals per league game, as opposed to 3.26 before his injury.

Arsenal are three points behind leaders Chelsea with five games left.

And with the Blues hosting Bolton at Stamford Bridge on Tuesday, Arsene Wenger's men could be six points adrift by the time they kick off against Spurs at White Hart Lane.

Chelsea also benefit from a far superior goal difference, so anything other that a victory would deal the Gunners' title aspirations a potentially fatal blow.

Three points would keep Arsenal in realistic contention and see them leapfrog Manchester United into second place.

That may encourage Wenger to name Van Persie in his injury-ravaged squad, who play their first match since being knocked out of the Champions League by Barcelona last Tuesday.

The Dutchman, who scored twice in Arsenal's 3-0 win against Spurs early this season, has missed 31 games in all competitions but his rehabilitation went according to plan and Wenger was impressed by the physical condition he was in on returning from the Netherlands.

Van Persie maintained his fitness through swimming and gym work and, once the ankle had completely healed, he began training with amateur side AFC Amsterdam.

He has now been doing ball work for several weeks and reportedly stunned onlookers by completing a daily work-out in which he would shoot with full force and perform sprinting drills.

"He is physically, fitness-wise, in a good shape," said Gunners boss Wenger on 25 March.

"So we have just to get him back to full team fitness - that will take two to three weeks maximum.

"I would say two weeks but after that when you start to play you are not at your best. You have to get a few games to get back to your best."

Club physio Colin Lewin recently told the Arsenal website that Van Persie - Arsenal's joint third-highest scorer in the league this season - would be joining the first-team squad for full training "imminently".

After Tottenham, Arsenal face Wigan, Manchester City, Blackburn and Fulham as they bid to win their first trophy since 2005 and a first Premier League title since 2004.

Van Persie's return is also good news for the Netherlands ahead of this summer's World Cup in South Africa.

© BBC Football

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Goose » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:10 am

Well if he's playing football with AFC Amsterdam last month he must be all healed and at the end of March AW said RVP needs two weeks maximum to regain match
fitness, well those two weeks have passed.

He's ready.
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby Q8 Gooner » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:59 am

He should be fully fit.. Might only need playing time.. Bring him on later against the scums.. the the starting lineup against wigan.. Then u know he would be really pumped up for the shitty game..
RED ARMY
Q8 Gooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:05 pm

Contrary to what i said earlier in the thread by not expecting too much, RVP knows how big a fixture this always is & im damn sure he sill put everything into it.
Wonder if Traore is attending. :whistle: :rofll:
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby Goose » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:41 pm

Wenger says RVP is in the squad tomorrow and will start from the bench
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby Arsenal Tone » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:49 pm

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... enham-game

Robin Van Persie is back in the Arsenal squad for the North London derby at Tottenham.

The Dutch striker has been sidelined since mid-November with ankle ligament damage but is expected to feature at White Hart Lane on Wednesday night - albeit from the substitutes bench.

"He is in the squad for tomorrow's game," revealed Arsène Wenger at his pre-match press conference.

"It's a bit premature maybe [for Van Persie to start the game] so I will see but he is in the squad. I haven't picked the team yet.

"When I pick a player it means he is fit and sharp and has worked very hard. Of course he lacks match-practice but physically he is ready, he is fit."
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby icelandicC.. » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:39 pm

Plymouth Gooner wrote:
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... enham-game

Robin Van Persie is back in the Arsenal squad for the North London derby at Tottenham.

The Dutch striker has been sidelined since mid-November with ankle ligament damage but is expected to feature at White Hart Lane on Wednesday night - albeit from the substitutes bench.

"He is in the squad for tomorrow's game," revealed Arsène Wenger at his pre-match press conference.

"It's a bit premature maybe [for Van Persie to start the game] so I will see but he is in the squad. I haven't picked the team yet.

"When I pick a player it means he is fit and sharp and has worked very hard. Of course he lacks match-practice but physically he is ready, he is fit."

:arse fan: :arse fan: :arse fan: :arse fan: :arse fan:
icelandicC..
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Popey » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:15 pm

good news!

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Trequartista » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:38 pm

be scared yids, be very scared. Our lean, mean, Dutch goal-scoring machine is back out on the prowl.
Leno
Bellerin Sokratis Holding Tierney
Ceballos - Torriera - Özil
Pépé - - Lacazette - - Auba
Trequartista
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby mg86 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:41 pm

ARSHENAL wrote:be scared yids, be very scared. Our lean, mean, Dutch goal-scoring machine is back out on the prowl.

Feels good to say, right?
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Trequartista » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:44 pm

mgilbert86 wrote:
ARSHENAL wrote:be scared yids, be very scared. Our lean, mean, Dutch goal-scoring machine is back out on the prowl.

Feels good to say, right?

Sooooooo good!
Leno
Bellerin Sokratis Holding Tierney
Ceballos - Torriera - Özil
Pépé - - Lacazette - - Auba
Trequartista
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Previous

Return to 10. Robin Van Persie