Seve has Brain Tumour

Talk about all the other sports that interest you here.

Seve has Brain Tumour

Postby damo1583 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:18 pm

Severiano Ballesteros has confirmed that he has been diagnosed with a brain tumour.

The five-time major winner has been in Madrid's La Paz hospital since Monday after briefly losing consciousness at Barajas airport on the same day.

The Spaniard was kept in intensive care until Saturday as doctors carried out a series of tests to ascertain his condition.

With his illness now diagnosed, Ballesteros made an announcement on Sunday having first informed his family.

"Throughout my entire career I have been one of the best at overcoming obstacles on the golf course. And now I want to be the best, facing the most difficult game of my life, using all my strength and also counting on those who have been sending me get-well messages," read the statement.

"Now I've been able to tell my three children personally and their mother, now I can tell you the illness that I am suffering from. After the exhaustive tests that I have undertaken in the Hospital La Paz (Madrid) they have detected a brain tumour.

"I have always sympathised with those people who face illnesses. Therefore, I want to remind them that with bravery, faith, serenity, confidence and a lot of mental strength, we have to face any situation no matter how difficult it is.

"Now my wish is to ask for respect for my family and especially for my children. We will keep you informed.

"I want to thank from the bottom of my heart all those people who have shown affection and interest in my state of health, with all kinds of support. Many thanks."

Sky Sports

To one of the most flambouant and inspirational sportsmen of our generation, my thoughts and wishes are with you.
Who you tryin' to get crazy with ese? Don't you know i'm LOCO?
damo1583
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Re: Seve has Brain Tumour

Postby gzagee » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:25 pm

Jeeez. Sounds like it might be terminal.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Re: Seve has Brain Tumour

Postby damo1583 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:26 pm

Doesnt look good mate, at all.....
Who you tryin' to get crazy with ese? Don't you know i'm LOCO?
damo1583
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Return to Other Sports