WWE

Talk about all the other sports that interest you here.

Re: WWE

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:10 am

Money now taking over Wrestling?

Will still watch for the Rock though

What's the story?
The Rock has reportedly been offered US$20 Million to appear at a WWE event in Saudi Arabia as a champion, in 2019.

In case you didn't know
The Rock is one of the biggest stars in WWE history, holding the World Championship on several occasions.

His initial run saw him go from a young blue-chipper to one of the most despised heels as a part of The Corporation, to one of the most beloved wrestlers ever.

After leaving WWE, The Rock entered Hollywood under real name Dwayne Johnson, and has become one of the highest earning stars in history.

In 2011 The Rock returned to WWE, and has had a series of matches, the latest at WrestleMania 32 in 2016.

Earlier this year, the WWE hosted the Greatest Royal Rumble in Saudi Arabia, the first WWE event in the country since a ten-year deal was struck.

The heart of the matter
According to The Dirty Sheets, the Saudi General Sports Authority wishes to see The People's Champion carry gold when the company travels to the Middle East in the summer of 2019.

Whilst the numbers aren't precise, it has been reported that US$24 million would book The Rock to work two shows over 3 weeks next April.

This number would increase to US$26 million if The Rock appeared in the nation as a champion.

Whilst it is unknown what match he would have, the WWE are reportedly hoping for a The Rock vs Roman Reigns storyline in the near future, with a match at WrestleMania 35 possible.

What's next?
WWE will have their Crown Jewel event in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, in November this year, the second event since the deal between the nation and WWE.

A WWE 'World Cup' event has been announced for the show, as well as a Universal Championship match between Roman Reigns, Brock Lesnar, and Braun Strowman.

Are you excited about the possibility of The Rock being champion again? Have your say in the comments.
SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Ach » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:13 am

The reaction to Elias comment on Raw, wow

Brilliant

Seattle still touchy on Basketball I take it
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:24 am

Ach wrote:The reaction to Elias comment on Raw, wow

Brilliant

Seattle still touchy on Basketball I take it

Wow, Seattle confirmed GOAT fans.

Also, hope those two die in the ring.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Ach » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:34 am

Those 2 Elias and Kevin Owens are brilliant. They always rip on the fans of whatever city they are in. The local sports team especially. Never seen a reaction like that though. They got the job done.
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:28 am

Ach wrote:Those 2 Elias and Kevin Owens are brilliant. They always rip on the fans of whatever city they are in. The local sports team especially. Never seen a reaction like that though. They got the job done.

Bring them over here and send them to the Manc clubs, Spurs and Chavs.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Ach » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:50 am

If they do Manchester arena then they would rip on Manchester United. Doubt they have heard of City unless someone tells them before.

As for London, they go O2 arena so can't really rip on the local team cos no one really gives a shit about West Ham.

I was watching that Seattle Raw episode and I heard the comment and the reaction by the fans. I didn't know what it was about cos I don't follow American sport but had to check why fans got so pissed.

I can understand the anger. I felt the same when I lived in woolwich and Arsenal moved.
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Marsbar100 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:23 pm

What is this doing in the sports section lol
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Ach » Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:02 pm

Triple H beat Undertaker at Super Showdown but the beatdown by the brothers of destruction on Triple H and Shawn probably means BoD v DX at Crown Jewel in Saudi Arabia next month

Might even see Hulk Hogan there as the Saudi king/prince whatever he is wants him there and is willing to pay millions for it. Brock is getting a million just for his match. He was supposed to be done with WWE but no one is turning down that kind of money.

Rest of the show was pretty average.
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:07 pm

WWE being ruined by rich cvnts just as football has been.

Nothing is sacred.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:13 pm

Yeah it actually has.

I felt so uncomfortable watching that match at the end.

The Undertaker could barely stand up but he had to attempt a choke slam and it was the worst thing i've ever seen. I wish they would just let him retire now because although he can still put on a good performance he can't handle them anymore. That company will kill him if they aren't careful it's getting that serious now.
SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Angelito » Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:36 pm

Heard Trips and 'Taker had an appalling match that was only booked as a medium for Shawn's in-ring return.

Now, why would Hunter and 'Taker want to tarnish the three classic matches they had at WrestleMania? The fact that Shawn Michaels is almost always involved in most Triple H feuds is ridiculous in itself.

At this stage, I just wished Shawn and Undertaker stayed at home. It's embarrassing to watch two 50+ wrestlers act like they're in their 30s.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Royal Gooner » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:07 pm

Ach wrote:Triple H beat Undertaker at Super Showdown but the beatdown by the brothers of destruction on Triple H and Shawn probably means BoD v DX at Crown Jewel in Saudi Arabia next month

Might even see Hulk Hogan there as the Saudi king/prince whatever he is wants him there and is willing to pay millions for it. Brock is getting a million just for his match. He was supposed to be done with WWE but no one is turning down that kind of money.

Rest of the show was pretty average.

The Brothers of Destruction are always brilliant to see, as are DX but sadly there always has to be a time where we can't rely on the talents of the past (excellent as they are) to carry on forever.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:28 pm

It's sad that we're almost in 2019 and they are relying on wrestler whose primes were in the 90s through early 00s.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:46 pm

I'd love to see what happens if one of these countries offers Punk a shit load of money
SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Santi » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:18 am

Can't believe this shit still exists, been terrible since they muffed all the fun out of the attitude era.

Hope the Rock gets hella coin n becomes champ again though, something interesting at last.
Santi
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Other Sports