GAA Anyone?

Talk about all the other sports that interest you here.

GAA Anyone?

Postby Andreys_Does_Simples » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:36 pm

Proper good game today, Donegal v Derry.

Finished 1-14 to 1-12 with Derry winning by 2 points.
Reinvestment before Renewal.
Andreys_Does_Simples
Match Reporter

Re: GAA Anyone?

Postby Fabrestuta » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:53 pm

I haven't seen a gaa match in years so have to follow the Lily whites online :(

Though since you mention football, this is my local team from back home, we split off from Leixlip GAA in the early 90's

http://confey.kildare.gaa.ie/
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:02 pm

more into hurling than gaa
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Fabrestuta » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:04 pm

absolutely_fabregas wrote:more into hurling than gaa

Me too but I was always better at football. My first time ever playing for Leixlip I came on as a sub and got whacked with a sliother in the side of the head 2 minutes later, about a minute after that I was taken off. :?
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Andreys_Does_Simples » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:07 pm

I love some GAA my cousin plays in Killarney for someone, can't remember the name.

Where do you live mate? They show it on Setanta UK now and also on Celtic TV weirdly.
Andreys_Does_Simples
Match Reporter

Postby Fabrestuta » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:10 pm

I live in North Carolina and you can get Setanta in most places here, but lo and behold not in my area. :disgust:
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Andreys_Does_Simples » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:15 pm

Fabrestuta wrote:I live in North Carolina and you can get Setanta in most places here, but lo and behold not in my area. :disgust:

Shame mate. Have you ever tried JustinTV? Online thing you might get it on there, I'm not 100% though.
Andreys_Does_Simples
Match Reporter

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:18 pm

i was at croke park for the gaa v aussi rules international and it was crazy shit man, fighting before the game started, non stop during the game
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Fabrestuta » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:20 pm

absolutely_fabregas wrote:i was at croke park for the gaa v aussi rules international and it was crazy shit man, fighting before the game started, non stop during the game

When we first started that the gaa players used to get owned, but when we got the hang of it we started giving the Aussies all they could handle.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby ozgooner » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:50 am

Fabrestuta wrote:
absolutely_fabregas wrote:i was at croke park for the gaa v aussi rules international and it was crazy shit man, fighting before the game started, non stop during the game

When we first started that the gaa players used to get owned, but when we got the hang of it we started giving the Aussies all they could handle.

i thought they stopped playin that ireland v australia game because of the amount violence in previous games , me i love watchin violence between consenting adults . nothin like a bit of biffo hey !!!

"I started clapping myself , until i realised i was Sunderlands manager" - Peter Reid admires a Dennis Bergkamp finish
ozgooner
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Fabrestuta » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:28 pm

ozgooner wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:

i thought they stopped playin that ireland v australia game because of the amount violence in previous games , me i love watchin violence between consenting adults . nothin like a bit of biffo hey !!!

To be honest I'm not sure, they may have. I stopped taking much interest in it after a while. I liked it when they played one game with your ball, then one with ours, and then a mix of rules.
It was mad how violent it used to get, I'll never forget Jack O'Shea getting absolutely leveled by an Aussie player about 3 minutes into a game. He wasn't looking and took a solid to the jaw that almst took his head of. O'Shea played for Kerry so I didn't care. :sneaky:
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby ozgooner » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:48 pm

Fabrestuta wrote:
ozgooner wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:

To be honest I'm not sure, they may have. I stopped taking much interest in it after a while. I liked it when they played one game with your ball, then one with ours, and then a mix of rules.
It was mad how violent it used to get, I'll never forget Jack O'Shea getting absolutely leveled by an Aussie player about 3 minutes into a game. He wasn't looking and took a solid to the jaw that almst took his head of. O'Shea played for Kerry so I didn't care. :sneaky:

i didn't realise that they did that , that sounds like a far betterer option to me . you could make games in three 25 to 30 minute thirds so that it's one with the home team rules first , second the away team rules and third mixed rules .

but really i think your game is compromised more than ours in the current situation . i have seen a few games of this hybrid game and to me i reckon oz has played far dirtier . tackling for instance is that in your game (forgive my ignorance) . when your players have their eyes down looking for the scrappy ball our players come in and shoulder charge ya's and attack the head . that is a dog act . that's why i prefer rugby league , coz at least ya can see the big bastard in front of ya that is tryin to rip your head off . :wink: :wink: :wink:

"I started clapping myself , until i realised i was Sunderlands manager" - Peter Reid admires a Dennis Bergkamp finish
ozgooner
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Gunner Down Under » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:37 pm

Ades_Dancin_Shoes wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:I live in North Carolina and you can get Setanta in most places here, but lo and behold not in my area. :disgust:

Shame mate. Have you ever tried JustinTV? Online thing you might get it on there, I'm not 100% though.

A joke by copying my name or legitimate? :biggrin:
Gunner Down Under
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby liam_cork » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:58 pm

was goin to start a thread on this but didn't think there would be any interest.

the football will be great this year tyrone are class, cork can go all the way dublin lookin good to and kerry will always be in the mix really lookin forward to it. ha fabs your better off not watchin kildare they're gone to shit big time ;)
arsene knows
liam_cork
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby liam_cork » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:09 pm

i fancy cork will do limerick by more than that i'd love them to go all the way an show up the bastard hurlers
arsene knows
liam_cork
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Next

Return to Other Sports