GAA Anyone?

Talk about all the other sports that interest you here.

Re: GAA Anyone?

Postby ivan itchybum » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:05 pm

Lee Keegan sent off. Shit refereeing has almost certainly ruined the match.
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Vinny » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:05 pm

ivän itchybüm wrote:Lee Keegan sent off. Shit refereeing has almost certainly ruined the match.

Thought that was going to happen too but a fantastic 2nd half from Mayo.
Replay next Sat.
Vinny
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby ivan itchybum » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:34 pm

Vinny wrote:
ivän itchybüm wrote:Lee Keegan sent off. Shit refereeing has almost certainly ruined the match.

Thought that was going to happen too but a fantastic 2nd half from Mayo.
Replay next Sat.

Fact that it's being played in Limerick is causing an uproar too! Mayo should beat them fairly easily next week.
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby greengoonerie » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:36 pm

Cracker of a 2nd half.

Thought the red was a bit petty, given what tends to be let go in many GAH matches.

Anyway, yeah, I'd fancy Mayo next weekend and Dublin as well.

Wouldn't begrudge Mayo a Sam finally as their football is great.
greengoonerie
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby ivan itchybum » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:51 pm

It's hilarious over here in the west. Everyone gets on the hype train then their hearts are consistently broken every year!

Buckley actually threw a punch into Keegan's chest, that's why he kicked out, red was an awful call.

ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Vinny » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:05 am

Lee Keegan's red card rescinded - Good.

Think there was a good argument to be made Ivan about Limerick not being a neutral venue. Anyway I think its ridiculous that its not in Croker, an All Ireland Semi final should be in Croker.

Big weekend and am expecting Mayo to overcome Kerry.

Think Donegal will come out and hit the Dubs but the Dubs should overcome them.

C'mon the Dubs
Vinny
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Dubs4Sam » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:54 am

Vinny wrote:Lee Keegan's red card rescinded - Good.

Think there was a good argument to be made Ivan about Limerick not being a neutral venue. Anyway I think its ridiculous that its not in Croker, an All Ireland Semi final should be in Croker.

C'mon the Dubs

I agree totally Vinny. I think Dublin will want to hit the ground running so Donegal will have to come out from the start. I expect a big start from them to nullify Donegal's weeks of planning. Then they will become awkward and disjointed when they have to become attacking.

I hope Kerry do it. Nothing but respect for Mayo as they keep coming back to the well after all thier disappointments and a horrible wounded animal to face in this years All Ireland all going well as it shows in their tackling in the 2nd half last Sunday.
Dubs4Sam
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Vinny » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:01 pm

Dubs4Sam wrote:
Vinny wrote:Lee Keegan's red card rescinded - Good.

C'mon the Dubs

I agree totally Vinny. I think Dublin will want to hit the ground running so Donegal will have to come out from the start. I expect a big start from them to nullify Donegal's weeks of planning. Then they will become awkward and disjointed when they have to become attacking.

I hope Kerry do it. Nothing but respect for Mayo as they keep coming back to the well after all thier disappointments and a horrible wounded animal to face in this years All Ireland all going well as it shows in their tackling in the 2nd half last Sunday.

Yeah I feel for Mayo too to be honest. So close the last couple of years. Would prefer Kerry in the final though :) assuming we get through, as Dub v Kerry is always a special day. If Dublin don't win it I would hope Mayo do.

Was surprised Monaghon gave us the kick outs. Cluxton could just pick and choose and their tactics surprised me. With possession that Dublin team will do damage to anyone. Don't expect Donegal to be so kind and will defend from the Full forward line.
Vinny
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Dubs4Sam » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:06 pm

Yes they wont retreat off the half backs like Monaghan but if we win 65% of our kickouts our dynamic play their after should be enough to keep the score board ticking over via long range / frees. If we manage to keep a goal between the sides early on Donegal will have to come out a little and that is all the space we will be looking for.

I am currently reading Singing in the Blues - have you read it? Its very good all about our 2011 All Ireland Victory but goes back as far as the 70's and all those Kerry Clashes and big defeats. I'm up as far as 2002 - that famous Cosgrave last minute free that went of the post to hand Armagh the win. Its a good read if you can get your hands on it.
Dubs4Sam
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby ivan itchybum » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:22 pm

Kerry to win by 2 boys

ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby ivan itchybum » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:58 pm

Geaney has the goal at his mercy there, over the bar... Shocking.

ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby ivan itchybum » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:11 pm

ivän itchybüm wrote:Kerry to win by 2 boys

3 then... Still a good prediction when most expected a Donegal win! :lol:

(am I alone in here? :hiding: )

ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Santi » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:21 pm

when does this shit finish?

irish pub i go to keeps putting it on over the footy, twats.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby ivan itchybum » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:12 pm

Mesüt wrote:when does this shit finish?

irish pub i go to keeps putting it on over the footy, twats.

I want to viciously attack you but I'm holding it back

ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Previous

Return to Other Sports