UFC

Talk about all the other sports that interest you here.

Re: UFC

Postby StLGooner » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:47 pm

ScottishLass wrote:
gzagee wrote:Who's Fedor?


Pride fighter.. Emelienenko or something lol crazy second name.. the only fight with him I seen was Kevin Randelman ( i think - black man with white hair and blue gloves on? ) and he got planted on his neck vertically - I thought his neck was broken then 1 minute later hes up and tears randelman a new one. Was very impressive - hes a very unassuming character that you wouldnt expect to be such a beast. Bit like chuck lidell I think - in the way that he isnt very ripped or such a huge guy then when he fights he hurts people lol.



What she said, although Pride has since folded, he's fighting in some obscure MMA league somewhere, Dana tried to get him to come to UFC, but apparently Fedor and his posse wanted some of the fights to be in Russia and Dana didn't want no part in that. He is considered to be the best fighter in the world by many MMA fans. Has only been beaten once, but that was cause of an illegal elbow that hit his eye and split it open and the doctor didn't let him continue, so technically nobody has beat him yet.
Formerly ChVint22
User avatar
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 35987
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:07 pm
Location: St. Louis, Mo USA

Re: UFC

Postby gzagee » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:49 pm

ChVint22 wrote:
ScottishLass wrote:
gzagee wrote:Who's Fedor?


Pride fighter.. Emelienenko or something lol crazy second name.. the only fight with him I seen was Kevin Randelman ( i think - black man with white hair and blue gloves on? ) and he got planted on his neck vertically - I thought his neck was broken then 1 minute later hes up and tears randelman a new one. Was very impressive - hes a very unassuming character that you wouldnt expect to be such a beast. Bit like chuck lidell I think - in the way that he isnt very ripped or such a huge guy then when he fights he hurts people lol.



What she said, although Pride has since folded, he's fighting in some obscure MMA league somewhere, Dana tried to get him to come to UFC, but apparently Fedor and his posse wanted some of the fights to be in Russia and Dana didn't want no part in that. He is considered to be the best fighter in the world by many MMA fans. Has only been beaten once, but that was cause of a disqualification on his part, so technically nobody has beat him yet.


Gonna see if i can find him on youtube then.
Image
User avatar
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008
 
Posts: 20802
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:46 am
Location: Somewhere between Nadir and Nirvana

Re: UFC

Postby StLGooner » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:51 pm

He's a beast, he has a brother that fights too, but isn't as good.
Formerly ChVint22
User avatar
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 35987
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:07 pm
Location: St. Louis, Mo USA

Re: UFC

Postby StLGooner » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:13 am

Here is the one that SL was talking about.


Formerly ChVint22
User avatar
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 35987
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:07 pm
Location: St. Louis, Mo USA

Re: UFC

Postby gzagee » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:51 am

Been watching Fedor's fights for the last two hours.
He's quite a fighter. Can get caught if his opponent's not fearful. That Japanese guy nearly knocked him out and Mark Hunt gave him a good test as well. But his powers of recovery and ability to finish a fight are admirable. He's a killer. Nearly knocked Sylvia's head off!!!!!

Him and randy seem to wanna get it on.
Image
User avatar
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008
 
Posts: 20802
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:46 am
Location: Somewhere between Nadir and Nirvana

Re: UFC

Postby Libertine » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:23 pm

gzagee wrote:Did anyone see UFC 90? Thiago Alves looks a good prospect.



I saw UFC 90 and, like yourself, i was very impressed by Alves.
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 7734
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:17 pm

Re: UFC

Postby gzagee » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:03 pm

Libertine wrote:
gzagee wrote:Did anyone see UFC 90? Thiago Alves looks a good prospect.



I saw UFC 90 and, like yourself, i was very impressed by Alves.


Looks good doesn't he. I youtubed him after that and he's come on since losing to John Fitch (who went on to lose to GSP later on).
I think he'd probably take out Fitch now.
Possibly not quite ready for GSP, but then he's a puncher so you never know.
Image
User avatar
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008
 
Posts: 20802
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:46 am
Location: Somewhere between Nadir and Nirvana

Re: UFC

Postby ScottishLass » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:07 pm

gzagee wrote:
Libertine wrote:
gzagee wrote:Did anyone see UFC 90? Thiago Alves looks a good prospect.



I saw UFC 90 and, like yourself, i was very impressed by Alves.


Looks good doesn't he. I youtubed him after that and he's come on since losing to John Fitch (who went on to lose to GSP later on).
I think he'd probably take out Fitch now.
Possibly not quite ready for GSP, but then he's a puncher so you never know.


I think Alves and Fitch would be a great fight - Dont forget guys Fitch aint no push over even though he lost to GSP..
Image
User avatar
ScottishLass
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 2028
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:17 pm

Re: UFC

Postby djaxster » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:59 pm

is the brock vs rcoutre fight this weekend?
Image
User avatar
djaxster
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 4329
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:04 pm
Location: Bromley/Orpington

Re: UFC

Postby StLGooner » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:56 am

djaxster wrote:is the brock vs rcoutre fight this weekend?



Yes, Saturday the 15th. Come on Randy!!!
Formerly ChVint22
User avatar
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 35987
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:07 pm
Location: St. Louis, Mo USA

Re: UFC

Postby Libertine » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:25 pm

djaxster wrote:is the brock vs rcoutre fight this weekend?



It's on Setanta at 0300 Saturday night/Sunday morning.
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 7734
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:17 pm

Re: UFC

Postby ThierryHenryJunior » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:28 pm

Did Kimbo Slice Used To Be In UFC Or Is That A Stupid Question?
Image

www.Bebo.Com/JDMFourteen
User avatar
ThierryHenryJunior
Michael Thomas
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:02 pm
Location: Leicester

Re: UFC

Postby StLGooner » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:33 pm

Kimbo was never in the UFC. But it is rumored that Dana White has asked him to try out for the Ultimate Fighter reality show.
Formerly ChVint22
User avatar
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 35987
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:07 pm
Location: St. Louis, Mo USA

Re: UFC

Postby ThierryHenryJunior » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:51 pm

ChVint22 wrote:Kimbo was never in the UFC. But it is rumored that Dana White has asked him to try out for the Ultimate Fighter reality show.



Thaaanks :biggrin:

That Would Be Immense
Image

www.Bebo.Com/JDMFourteen
User avatar
ThierryHenryJunior
Michael Thomas
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:02 pm
Location: Leicester

Re: UFC

Postby gzagee » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:07 pm

ThierryHenryJunior wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:Kimbo was never in the UFC. But it is rumored that Dana White has asked him to try out for the Ultimate Fighter reality show.



Thaaanks :biggrin:

That Would Be Immense


Hmmm, maybe. Getting ghetto up in the house! Then get the sh*te kicked out of him.

Reaaally want Randy to do a number on Lesnar though.
Was watching the countdown last night and Lesnar came across as a sociopath and bully in his youth.
Image
User avatar
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008
 
Posts: 20802
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:46 am
Location: Somewhere between Nadir and Nirvana

PreviousNext

Return to Other Sports

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest