UFC

Talk about all the other sports that interest you here.

Re: UFC

Postby Losmeister » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:25 am

mus say i dont know much aboujt thesd blokes, but... theguy i thought looked better in the reels won...shrug...
Image
User avatar
Losmeister
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman
 
Posts: 10753
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:16 am
Location: Cotati, California, USA

Re: UFC

Postby Losmeister » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:40 am

fwiw, these dudes aint shit... cant hack it in any discipline... not judo, karate, boxing.. i mean... ner mind theyd all kick my fat ass.. but...

smh... this is low quality fighting.... shit, khabib would put halgf the guys 10k heavier on there ass.. and maul... i mean, is it me?? this is low qual.
Image
User avatar
Losmeister
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman
 
Posts: 10753
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:16 am
Location: Cotati, California, USA

Re: UFC

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:49 am

Losmeister wrote:fwiw, these dudes aint shit... cant hack it in any discipline... not judo, karate, boxing


Mma fighters would annihilate any single discipline athlete in a fight.

The point is they are mma fighters, they have to train in everything so of course they'll never be as good as a one sport athlete in that respective discipline.
User avatar
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015
 
Posts: 21539
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:01 am

Re: UFC

Postby Tony Adams » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:08 am

.
Aubameyang-Lacazette-Martinelli
Tierney-Saka-Partey-Bellerin
Mari-Gabriel-Saliba
Leno
User avatar
Tony Adams
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 36950
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: UFC

Postby Losmeister » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:56 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Losmeister wrote:fwiw, these dudes aint shit... cant hack it in any discipline... not judo, karate, boxing


Mma fighters would annihilate any single discipline athlete in a fight.

The point is they are mma fighters, they have to train in everything so of course they'll never be as good as a one sport athlete in that respective discipline.


no. they cant box a boxer, cant karet fight a karate due, judo a judo dude....

how is it that no mma fighter has ver been an olympic medalist... no chops.

for me? khabib is teh only dude even worth talking about.
Image
User avatar
Losmeister
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman
 
Posts: 10753
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:16 am
Location: Cotati, California, USA

Re: UFC

Postby Losmeister » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:59 am

ffs, mayweather walzed conor for how many rounds b4 he decided to end it? joke.
Image
User avatar
Losmeister
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman
 
Posts: 10753
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:16 am
Location: Cotati, California, USA

Re: UFC

Postby Losmeister » Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:04 pm

u know i love ya vava... but we'll never agree about this... jus sayn
Image
User avatar
Losmeister
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman
 
Posts: 10753
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:16 am
Location: Cotati, California, USA

Re: UFC

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:42 pm

Losmeister wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Losmeister wrote:fwiw, these dudes aint shit... cant hack it in any discipline... not judo, karate, boxing


Mma fighters would annihilate any single discipline athlete in a fight.

The point is they are mma fighters, they have to train in everything so of course they'll never be as good as a one sport athlete in that respective discipline.


no. they cant box a boxer, cant karet fight a karate due, judo a judo dude....

how is it that no mma fighter has ver been an olympic medalist... no chops.

for me? khabib is teh only dude even worth talking about.


Do you mean in their own sport?

Then of course not, an mma fighter is never going to beat a boxer in a boxing match or a wrestler in a wrestling match.

I'm talking about in an mma fight, they would obliterate any boxer, wrestler, muay thai fighter, kickboxer etc

Btw you're wrong Henry Cejudo is an Olympic gold medalist and Yoel Romero is a silver medalist.
User avatar
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015
 
Posts: 21539
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:01 am

Re: UFC

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:15 am

Losmeister wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:
Losmeister wrote:fwiw, these dudes aint shit... cant hack it in any discipline... not judo, karate, boxing


Mma fighters would annihilate any single discipline athlete in a fight.

The point is they are mma fighters, they have to train in everything so of course they'll never be as good as a one sport athlete in that respective discipline.


no. they cant box a boxer, cant karet fight a karate due, judo a judo dude....

how is it that no mma fighter has ver been an olympic medalist... no chops.

for me? khabib is teh only dude even worth talking about.


Well your wrong about the medals, I know I'm going old school but Fedor, Couture, Hendo, Rousey ........... all of them have won medals or been elite in their respective fields, Holly Holmes was a woman boxing champ as well.

So that also unravels your line about can't box a boxer or Judo a Judoka, they can and have.

Bringing up Conor and Floyd is border line ridiculous, you let the hype sell you that fight but anyone who knew anything knew Conor had NO fkin business being in the ring with Floyd, Conor a man who was never a pro boxer in with one of the best to ever do it, what did you expect?

Fact is you can only be elite for what you spend every day training for so no, MMA fighters can't beat a pro boxer at elite level because that's what boxers specialise in.

But ........ in one on one competition, in MMA rules, well check out James Toney vs Couture.

VaVa one bone to pick with you though, MMA fighters wouldn't annihilate any other fighter in a no holds barred, win most? probably, but top class BJJ could out skill an MMA on the ground, a wrestler may slam the guy on his head, a boxer may chin the guy before it hits the ground.

Also on the street there's a lot a tough man who knows what he's doing to get out of a lot of JJ ground work ......... because really when you say an MMA guy will win, its really the ground work that beats people because they ain't going to outstrike a K-1 champ are they?

Biting, eye gouging, groin grabbing can undo alot of ground work, some military moves like that which isn't allowed in MMA, don't get me wrong that won't work all the time but it can do.

The best one on one art is actually wrestling, which is why the greatest warriors who ever lived all practiced it, Romans, Mongols, Ottomans practically every soldiers in ancient times practiced wrestling.

On the street though as in every day life practical use ......... boxing is probably the best.

Think about it, multiple people, in a busy bar, man squares up to you etc having good hands is what is the most practical in real life.

BJJ was under the rug till the 90's because no one used it, why? go to the ghetto and start a fight with two guys and see how good BJJ is, those two same guys would get laid the fk out by Deontay Wilder though right?

I've had a lot of experience in street fights, when I was in my 20's I'd be fighting almost every other weekend.

Boxing, wrestling or Muay Thai are what wrecks people, no ones got time to roll around on the floor in a night club while his mates kick your brains in.
Image
User avatar
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 23074
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am
Location: At the Gucci store

Re: UFC

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:19 am

^ Wouldn't argue with any of that.

Good post
User avatar
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015
 
Posts: 21539
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:01 am

Re: UFC

Postby Losmeister » Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:23 pm

good post, DG. I just get so disappointed watching these guys sometimes... so often alotta poor, poor technique.
Image
User avatar
Losmeister
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman
 
Posts: 10753
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:16 am
Location: Cotati, California, USA

Re: UFC

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:57 pm

Losmeister wrote:good post, DG. I just get so disappointed watching these guys sometimes... so often alotta poor, poor technique.


Same, I don't really watch UFC anymore just the odd championship fight, I just watched Matt Hughes vs Royce Gracie on Youtube last night and it just brought back the memories of why I used to like MMA.

Hughes was a monster and his wrestling was brutal, amazing technique.

Back then they relied more on the art that got them there and so their technique was world class, stand up wise did you ever see Mirko Cro Cop? he was a Kickboxer from K-1 who basically just learned how to sprawl really well to avoid the ground game, that guys technique was awesome, he could kick like a mule.

Now the guys have become full Pankratian type fighters, full hybrids, yes they're better all round fighters but I find it too style-less to appreciate it.

So when you say poor technique just know that is the adaption they need to make because their stand up has to have a different stance than a boxer because they are anticipating low leg kicks, then the Muay Thai stance is different because again they have to anticipate a takedown ........... so yes, its not pretty, but I don't blame them because its a full evolution to Mixed Martial Arts but its also one of the reasons I went back to boxing.

I was watching UFC from UFC 1 all the way to around UFC 165 is when I was barely watching full cards anymore.

When the UFC went through its Ghost years after Belfort beat Tank Abbott, I had missed a few then I saw UFC 40 (Tito vs Ken Shamrock) that was the show that sucked me right back in.

Hughes, Liddell, Tito, Lawler ............ its still a great card to this day.
Image
User avatar
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 23074
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am
Location: At the Gucci store

Re: UFC

Postby Fenice » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:28 pm

Same DG. It’s all a bit meh to me now. I found it much more interesting when you had people world class in x and world class in y, and we got to see which of those was better. Felt more fun and interesting.
Image
User avatar
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 7439
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:19 pm

Re: UFC

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:47 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:On the street though as in every day life practical use ......... boxing is probably the best.

Think about it, multiple people, in a busy bar, man squares up to you etc having good hands is what is the most practical in real life.


Muay thai > boxing any day if we're talking practicality/street fighting.

Muay thai is an 8 point striking system: hands, knees, elbows and feet.

Being able to use your lower limbs is a massive x factor, 99% of people in a street fight will only throw hands and expect to have hands thrown back at them.

Being able to kick and knee is a gamechanger. A leg kick to the shin of someone who has never taken a kick will literally feel like they're being hit by a baseball bat - especially since they won't be expecting it or check the kick to dampen the impact.

Elbows are optimal for close quarter combat, it takes less space to throw an elbow than a punch and they can be delivered quicker.

Plus they usually cause cuts because the point of an elbow is so sharp.
User avatar
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015
 
Posts: 21539
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:01 am

Re: UFC

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:34 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:On the street though as in every day life practical use ......... boxing is probably the best.

Think about it, multiple people, in a busy bar, man squares up to you etc having good hands is what is the most practical in real life.


Muay thai > boxing any day if we're talking practicality/street fighting.

Muay thai is an 8 point striking system: hands, knees, elbows and feet.

Being able to use your lower limbs is a massive x factor, 99% of people in a street fight will only throw hands and expect to have hands thrown back at them.

Being able to kick and knee is a gamechanger. A leg kick to the shin of someone who has never taken a kick will literally feel like they're being hit by a baseball bat - especially since they won't be expecting it or check the kick to dampen the impact.

Elbows are optimal for close quarter combat, it takes less space to throw an elbow than a punch and they can be delivered quicker.

Plus they usually cause cuts because the point of an elbow is so sharp.


Hmmm in my experience the boxers usually win in the street.

The Muay Thai guys seem to not be able to handle the ferocity up close, their used to all that Muay Thai plumb where its more grabby and wearing each other down, when its bare knuckle a lot of people can't handle the quick powerful damage a hard punching boxer can do.

One punch on the button and your gone.

If your dancing around in front of each other then yeah it can get bad against a good Thai guy if he's mincing up your legs but that takes time.

Mike Tyson vs Remy Bonjasky?

Now that's a fight, imo anyone of them could win that, all depends on who lands what first, flying knee or a left hook, High kick or a straight right, anything could happen.

I was thinking about this today and imo the hardest dudes are gonna be an explosive wrestler like a Kevin Randleman or a Rampage Jackson who can punch.
Strong, athletic, they'll bulldoze you to the floor or slam you on your head and GnP you or stomp you out and neither boxers or Muay Thai can really stop them.

The only trouble with it is you need to be at least a Cruiser weight or more ideally a HW for that type of fighting, no good being a great wrestler against a 240lb guy you can't throw around.
Image
User avatar
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 23074
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am
Location: At the Gucci store

PreviousNext

Return to Other Sports

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests