UFC

Talk about all the other sports that interest you here.

Re: UFC

Postby gooney » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:22 am

khabib is a gangster.....joe rogan is an absolute idiot trying to trash his striking. He absolutely dominated the striking and he is much better striker than people give him credit for. Basically all they have on him all these years is Michael Johnson landed one good shot on him. Also comparing Al to conor who can actually wrestler is madness. Conor wouldnt stop one takedown
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:38 am

I Think Tony will make Khabib look foolish.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby gooney » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:13 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:I Think Tony will make Khabib look foolish.

not even close....once again I realize how influential Rogan is and I have no doubt tonight was about making khabib look human and make those guys around him look better. The standard he held to Khabib was inhuman....he absolutely dominated the standup and showed very good jab. He made it sound like Al was some guy they picked from the street when he is a very good fighter himself who was already in fight shape as he was expected to fight tonight.

I swear I wouldnt be surprised if khabib beats Tony in pure standup fight. This is the same Tony that gets rocked or hurt every fight, the same one lando puts in all sorts of trouble. The same Tony Kevin Lee mouthed in first round. He has become so overrated imo
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:38 am

gooney wrote:I swear I wouldnt be surprised if khabib beats Tony in pure standup fight.

:rofll:

When have you ever seen Khabib's stand up for an extended amount of time before tonight?

He pulls back with his chin straight up in the air whenever someone throws at him and his actual striking is crude and primitive.

I wouldn't be surprised if Conor clips him.

Btw I've been picking Tony to beat Khabib since 2016, Rogan has nothing to do with it.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby gooney » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:06 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
gooney wrote:I swear I wouldnt be surprised if khabib beats Tony in pure standup fight.

When have you ever seen Khabib's stand up for an extended amount of time before tonight?

He pulls back with his chin straight up in the air whenever someone throws at him and his actual striking is crude and primitive.

Btw I've been picking Tony to beat Khabib since 2016, Rogan has nothing to do with it.

I saw him strike 13 mins tonight vs a guy who beat jorge masvidal and kevin lee standing up who finished sanchez and lauzon standing up. And he dominated him standing up. After 10 figjts in the ufc the things people have on him is his chin being high up and one decent punch johnson landed on him. The man has not lost a round while his rivals have been finished in the past, subbed in the past, mouthed in the past and rocked in the past. Khabib and Tony has 2 common opponents. Michael Johnson and Barboza.....the way they dealt with these 2 guys is like day and night. Last but not least Tony is not much of a puncher. So even if he lands unlikely he will do much damage
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:36 am

gooney wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:

I saw him strike 13 mins tonight vs a guy who beat jorge masvidal and kevin lee standing up who finished sanchez and lauzon standing up. And he dominated him standing up. After 10 figjts in the ufc the things people have on him is his chin being high up and one decent punch johnson landed on him. The man has not lost a round while his rivals have been finished in the past, subbed in the past, mouthed in the past and rocked in the past. Khabib and Tony has 2 common opponents. Michael Johnson and Barboza.....the way they dealt with these 2 guys is like day and night. Last but not least Tony is not much of a puncher. So even if he lands unlikely he will do much damage

Precisely my point.

We've seen him stand up for about 15 minutes total in his UFC career. For you to say he will win the stand-up battle against Ferguson based on this is ridiculous.

And it's a lot easier to stand with someone after you've suffocated them on the ground for two rounds and depleted their gas tank, this ins't a knock on Khabib because his grappling is unreal and you should use your best weapons, but it's the truth.

Khabib in what little we've seen of his stand up has displayed flaws; keeping your chin high is a huge fundamental problem - don't know why you're trying to brush it off as minor. I wouldn't be surprised if Conor clips him.

Also lol at Ferguson and Khabib vs Barboza being night and day, Tony finished him in the second; and Tony broke his arm in the Johnson fight.

In any case MMA math is irrelevant.

Just because fighter a beat fighter b doesn't mean they'll beat fighter c.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby gooney » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:32 am

Ok you right...draining someone for two rounds takes a lot out of a fighter. But what makes you think he wouldnt take ferguson and conor down and maul them? Any fighter can clip another and get ko. I mean serra vs gsp is perfect example. But both guys have only punchers chance. Also he has had way more than 15 min standup
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Gooner_ESR10 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:43 pm

If Conor decides to stop being a pussy, he'll face Khabib in November I reckon, thats the next fight. Otherwise I can see Khabib fighting GSP at 170 or catch weight because I dont think he'll want to make 155 and Dana wouldnt give him a title shot after his previous shenanigans at 185.
Gooner_ESR10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Tue May 29, 2018 12:36 pm

Michael Bisping retires.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby StLGooner » Tue May 29, 2018 12:38 pm

I saw that.

And the scouse Darren Till beat the Wonderboy. Not that entertaining of a fight, they just danced around and felt each other out the whole time. But Darren looks pretty good.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Tue May 29, 2018 12:43 pm

Yeah, Wonderboy vs Till was just endless feinting.

Till is massive for 170.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby StLGooner » Tue May 29, 2018 12:46 pm

Yep, heard he barely made weight. Not a fan of fighters that cut so much.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Tue May 29, 2018 12:47 pm

He missed weight by 3.5 lbs, lol.

Second time he's missed weight.

He himself said he's a Middleweight fighting in the welter weight division and what he's doing (cutting that much) should be illegal.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby StLGooner » Tue May 29, 2018 12:51 pm

I agree, not only is it dangerous, but it just seems dishonest to me. A guy I work with here fights amateur MMA and walks around at 205, and he fights at 145. It's f***ing ridiculous.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue May 29, 2018 4:31 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Michael Bisping retires.

............. and no one cares lol.

On the weight issue I agree.

If I had my way we'd do same day weigh ins or what the IBF does, weigh in day before to make weight, have one more weigh in on fight day where you can't be more than 10lbs above the weight limit.

Weight cutting the way they do is unhealthy and dangerous, some idiots have even died while weight cutting or ended up in hospital can you believe it??

Your preparing your body for a gruelling fight and your half killing yourself before you even fight.

When you give fighters 48 hrs to recover all it does is tempt them to go as low as possible because they think they have enough time to rehydrate where if you give them less time they wouldn't be able to go so low, and if they did it'll hurt them during the fight which is the penalty they should pay.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Other Sports