UFC

Talk about all the other sports that interest you here.

Re: UFC

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:27 pm

What's peoples opinions on this weight cut issues in MMA and every combat sport to be fair.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/trentreins ... 020361e680

I'm in my mid 30's and I've got a mate who's 24 and his attitude to mine I think show's a big problem generation wise and why weight cutting is such an issue.

Our views are this, his "I want to see the biggest weight cut possible, its great seeing a WW blown up like a LHW and having that monster size advantage".

My view: "No mate, I want to see who's the better fighter, not who won just because they killed themselves to make weight then blew up like an idiot 2-3 weight classes higher on the night, i want to see two Welter weights not a WW vs a LHW"

Seriously my generation had some semblance of honour and fair play, today's youth are just about cheating their way to victory, extreme weight cuts, steroids, fkin blood and water transfusions just to get an edge .......... because why, they're to thick to fkin skill up for gods sake, or just accept the other guys is simply better, fairs, fair, best man wins.

I know this sounds harsh but my view on those men and women fighters who are dying or getting kidney failure just to make weight is this ........... fk em, that simple.

Why? because its people like them who force fighters who'd be happy to fight within a stone of their walk around weight to HAVE to extreme cut just to keep up with the wnkers that do, the more of them that die and keel over even before they get in the ring will hopefully result in an enforcement of weigh in just like the IBF has for same day weigh ins.

As a former boxer myself who was an amateur so we had to weigh in same day, you knew you were both walking in at the same weight give or take a few lbs here or there.

These scrub pro's are cowards, some of this guys have professional help and still can't make weight ffs!! what does that tell you?

If everyone fought in their correct weight class everyone would be healthier, fight harder, better stamina, your brain would have correct hydration so less brain damage.

Its win, win, the only reason orgs don't care is the same reason they started "day before" weigh ins in the first place, to make sure main events don't get cancelled ....... however the IBF manages fine.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:00 pm

I don't like weight cuts, get into the shape you want to be in and then fight at that weight and quit being a coward trying to gain the size advantage.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:47 pm

StLGooner wrote:I don't like weight cuts, get into the shape you want to be in and then fight at that weight and quit being a coward trying to gain the size advantage.

Anthony Johnson is a prime example of cowardice turned around.

He spent years cutting extreme amounts of weight and suffered because of it, he got beat by Kosheck, Vitor Belfort etc ........ left the UFC so couldn't be bothered to cut as much, found himself fighting at his more natural weight of LHW and ended up Ko'ing HW's (Arlovski) and having two UFC title fights and being recognised as top 3 LHW in the world.

Same day weigh ins would resolve all of this crap or at worst do what the IBO does, weigh in day before then have a second weigh in on fight day where your not allowed to be more than 10 lbs over the previous days weigh in limit.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:47 pm

McGregor to be stripped of the LW title.

Ferguson vs Khabib said to be boked for April.

One of the best and most anticipated match-ups in UFC history.

This is the 4th time they've been scheduled to face each other, but due to injuries and weight issues they never have.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:30 pm

Stipe breaks the record for most titles defenses at HW.

GOAT.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Gooner_ESR10 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:18 am

Really impressed by T-City, best win of his career and hes the real deal man. What a fight its gonna be between him and Holloway. Unlucky for Edgar but I think he'll be back.
Gooner_ESR10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:11 pm

Can't explain how excited I am for Ferguson vs Khabib.

Also my girl Rose hopefully beats JJ again.

War El Cucuy and Rose.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Gooner_ESR10 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:40 pm

Cant see Ferguson winning, props to him if he does though.
Gooner_ESR10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:51 pm

Khabib cannot stand with Ferguson.

The real fight starts when they hit the ground, then we'll see if Ferguson's creativity and elbows off his back will be enough.

Ferguson has incredible stamina and sets a relentless pace, I think he can withstand Khabib's onslaught and break him down.

Just can't see Tony getting mauled like the others and his submission game is lethal.

I'm putting an $180 parlay on both Rose and Tony to win for $1000.

Risky bet but it's a good return without a huge loss if it goes left.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Gooner_ESR10 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:31 am

Ferguson has tore his knee and is out of Ufc 223, however, Max Holloway has stepped in to fight Khabib at 155lbs. I actually cannot argue with this, its a great replacement and still fills me with excitement.
Gooner_ESR10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:17 pm

Fvck everything.

The fight is actually cursed.

But war Holloway and Rose.

Let's go.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:29 pm

McGregor bringing the WWE to UFC

It's all gone off, he's flown in to New York and attacked the bus Khabib was on with chairs and a gate.

Smashed the window and cut some other fighter.

There is a warrant out for his arrest apparently.

Shithousery is the meaning of life.

Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Ach » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:42 pm

Most excitement in UFC ever?
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Gooner_ESR10 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:25 pm

Well he did want to become a co-promoter for the UFC. This must be his audition.
Gooner_ESR10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:10 am

Dagestan vs Ireland

Sh*ts gonna get real.

You don't want to mess with the Dagestan lot especially over there, those mofo's are a different breed, hard as fkin nails over there, same as Murat Gassiev is from those ways, they're like cavemen.

Connor's crew were a bunch of teeny boppers in skinny jeans.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Other Sports