UFC

Talk about all the other sports that interest you here.

Re: UFC

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:44 pm

Jedi wrote:FFS... Craziest KO ever?

i feel like he could have stopped there... it was clear he was out cold...

Deserved it for being such a dumbass, going in head down.

He's also the person that cheated, Robbie Lawler was beating him up then got a fake tap out DQ and Askren acted like it was legit.

I don't like the guy.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Losmeister » Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:46 pm

assclown/askren... chat shit get banged
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:51 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Jedi wrote:FFS... Craziest KO ever?

i feel like he could have stopped there... it was clear he was out cold...

Deserved it for being such a dumbass, going in head down.

He's also the person that cheated, Robbie Lawler was beating him up then got a fake tap out DQ and Askren acted like it was legit.

I don't like the guy.

Wtf that's not what happened at all.

Fistly there is no such thing as a fake tap out DQ.

A DQ is a DQ, that is when someone is disqualified.

A submission is a method of victory.

Lawler was smashing him, Askren survived, got Lawler locked in a bulldog choke and the referee stopped the fight when he thought Lawler passed out.

How does that equate to Askren cheating?

The ref stopped the fight and declared Askren the winnier via submission.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:38 pm

The ref stopped the fight when Lawler wasn't tapping and wasn't KO'ed it was one of the worst stoppages I've ever seen and Askren played to it.

Even after when he was being interviewed he was acting like it was a legit win, that is as low as it gets.

The guys a massive c*nt like a lot of those JJ guys who just lie on the ground for a living, not a true fighter at all.

Glad he got his brain shut down.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:49 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:The ref stopped the fight when Lawler wasn't tapping and wasn't KO'ed it was one of the worst stoppages I've ever seen and Askren played to it.

Even after when he was being interviewed he was acting like it was a legit win, that is as low as it gets.

The guys a massive c*nt like a lot of those JJ guys who just lie on the ground for a living, not a true fighter at all.

Glad he got his brain shut down.

You said Askren cheated though, he didn't.

Also he's a wrestler not a jiu-jitsu practitioner.

The guys a massive c*nt like a lot of those JJ guys who just lie on the ground for a living

Who are the other jiu-jitsu cvnts you are referring to?
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby StLGooner » Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:36 pm

What I didn't like is that he knew it was stopped early, which isn't his fault of course, but then didn't want to give Lawler a rematch. Yea, he doesn't have to give him one, and it's not up to him, but it just makes him less of a man in my book that he didn't even entertain the idea. He knows Robbie would probably win the rematch, that's why.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby StLGooner » Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:38 pm

Jon Jones took the easy way out and didn't want to scrap with Santos, which was probably smart, but come on man, entertain us. I know he was just looking out for his future/money/legacy, which I get, but it made for a boring fight.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:21 pm

Why would you scrap with someone who has far more KO power and risk losing your belt?

Only an idiot would intentionally brawl with a brawler just to appease the fans.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby StLGooner » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:33 pm

I clearly said that he was smart not to do so. Doesn't mean that I don't want to see him do it though.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:31 pm

StLGooner wrote:What I didn't like is that he knew it was stopped early, which isn't his fault of course, but then didn't want to give Lawler a rematch. Yea, he doesn't have to give him one, and it's not up to him, but it just makes him less of a man in my book that he didn't even entertain the idea. He knows Robbie would probably win the rematch, that's why.

Exactly.

That's just low, yes obviously take the result, it was the refs fault, but don't play up to it with that stupid smile on his face shrugging his shoulders and making out to Rogan like it was legit.

That's a disgraceful attitude to have as a competitor.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:02 pm

So Santos MRI revealed he fought almost the whole fight with a MCL, ACL, and PCL tear, and meniscus I believe it was. Wowzers!!
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby alexafc12 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:48 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
StLGooner wrote:What I didn't like is that he knew it was stopped early, which isn't his fault of course, but then didn't want to give Lawler a rematch. Yea, he doesn't have to give him one, and it's not up to him, but it just makes him less of a man in my book that he didn't even entertain the idea. He knows Robbie would probably win the rematch, that's why.

Exactly.

That's just low, yes obviously take the result, it was the refs fault, but don't play up to it with that stupid smile on his face shrugging his shoulders and making out to Rogan like it was legit.

Lawler wasn’t going anywhere with that choke and whether or not he went out for a second or not no one knows.

Askren is 34 with 2 (at the time) fights left on his deal. He’s not going to benefit from rematching Lawler in his pursuit for the title.

Masvidal fight was the right choice. Now he can think about a rematch - makes sense depending on outcome of Cody fight - otherwise Leon Edwards or RDA is a decent match up for him
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:57 pm

Askren vs Maia would be a great match up.

Ultimate wrestling vs jiu jitsu fight.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby StLGooner » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:40 pm

alexafc12 wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Exactly.

Lawler wasn’t going anywhere with that choke and whether or not he went out for a second or not no one knows.

Askren is 34 with 2 (at the time) fights left on his deal. He’s not going to benefit from rematching Lawler in his pursuit for the title.

Masvidal fight was the right choice. Now he can think about a rematch - makes sense depending on outcome of Cody fight - otherwise Leon Edwards or RDA is a decent match up for him

In hindsight it wasn't the right choice.

But sometimes the right thing to do, is better than the smart career choice. It would have at least earned him more respect. Now he's coming off a loss and a fight that he probably should have lost. It would have looked better if he gave Lawler a rematch and won, but he probably knows he wasn't going to.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Arsenal Tone » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:00 pm

I've been watching Adesanya's kick boxing career on youtube. He reminds me of chris eubank and naseem hamed back when I used to watch lots of boxing on tv. Same level of arrogance/confidence.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Other Sports