UFC

Talk about all the other sports that interest you here.

Re: UFC

Postby Libertine » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:48 am

gzagee wrote:Reaaally want Randy to do a number on Lesnar though.
Was watching the countdown last night and Lesnar came across as a sociopath and bully in his youth.

I watched that Countdown To UFC 91 last night too, however i've no idea what a sociopath is.... :lol:

Although i know little about UFC, as i've only got into it recently, i can't get away from the old axiom that states: a good big 'un will always beat a good little 'un.
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby StLGooner » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:19 pm

Libertine wrote:
gzagee wrote:Reaaally want Randy to do a number on Lesnar though.
Was watching the countdown last night and Lesnar came across as a sociopath and bully in his youth.

I watched that Countdown To UFC 91 last night too, however i've no idea what a sociopath is.... :lol:

Although i know little about UFC, as i've only got into it recently, i can't get away from the old axiom that states: a good big 'un will always beat a good little 'un.

Thats probably true in most street fights, but I think it could go either way in a cage fight were skill is actually used instead of rage and pure madness.

I'll be on a pub crawl on Saturday so I'm hoping one of the pubs will have this fight on. *crosses fingers* :pray:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ScottishLass » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:09 am

I wonder Chris... is there a feminine way to say who is your daddy? Haha .. Brock Lesnar the new heavyweight champ ( as predicted :P ) .
ScottishLass
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby ScottishLass » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:37 am

ScottishLass wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:
ScottishLass wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:Brock fights next Saturday against Randy Couture for the heavyweight belt. Should be good. Of course Brock is twice his size, and a beast of a man, but Randy is an old veteran genius.

That fight is only going to go one way unfortunately :(. Randy will get a pasting. Reason being that hes a ground and pound kinda guy ( apart from the time he surprised chuck by standing up with him haha ) and to do that generally you need to be stronger than the other guy, which is plain for the eye to see that he aint stronger than Brock. I just cant see any other way for Randy to win ( even though I want him to ).

Randy stood up with Tim Slyvia too, and whooped his ass. You'd be surprised what Randy can do, and if he gets Brock on the ground its over. I'm picking Randy, unless he's out of shape, which he never is.

Little side bet Tiff? :sneaky:

Lets face it though.. Sylvia is a loser lol. Brock is completely different to Sylvia :) But yes I'll take a side bet if you wish? I've won side bets on here before lol ( Libs :P ) so I see this as an easy bet to keep my streak going. Brock in the 2nd. You seen how easy Chuck flattened Randy in their last fight - Something tells me Brock hits a tad harder :).

;)
ScottishLass
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby nischit4 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:40 am

I cant believe a fat lump like Brock Lesnar beat Randy Couture. Haven't seen the match yet but all I know is it was a TKO.
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."— George W. Bush
nischit4
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby gzagee » Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:45 pm

Props to Brock. He beat Randy fair and square. Stayed up til silly o'clock to watch it.
Good fight, Randy unsettled him a few times though Lesnar's extra power one the day.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby TheLittleMozart » Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:54 pm

TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby StLGooner » Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:39 pm

ScottishLass wrote:I wonder Chris... is there a feminine way to say who is your daddy? Haha .. Brock Lesnar the new heavyweight champ ( as predicted :P ) .

Lucky guess!!! :disgust: You can still call me daddy though. :sneaky:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ScottishLass » Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:22 pm

ChVint22 wrote:
ScottishLass wrote:I wonder Chris... is there a feminine way to say who is your daddy? Haha .. Brock Lesnar the new heavyweight champ ( as predicted :P ) .

Brock in the 2nd was an educated guess daddy. :P
ScottishLass
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby StLGooner » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:41 pm

ScottishLass wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:

Brock in the 2nd was an educated guess daddy. :P

Thats better love. :sneaky:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby nischit4 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:49 am

I just the saw the match and I cant understand why Randy went down. The punch he caught wasn't that bad, although Brock was quick to follow up. Brock Lesnar is surprisingly quick for a fat lump
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."— George W. Bush
nischit4
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby TheLittleMozart » Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:11 pm

nischit4 wrote:I just the saw the match and I cant understand why Randy went down. The punch he caught wasn't that bad, although Brock was quick to follow up. Brock Lesnar is surprisingly quick for a fat lump

It may have looked like a normal punch but when you look at the actual size of Lesnar,it was probably the equivalent to a sledgehammer to the face!
Lesner did look extremelly tierd after only the 1st round though.. If Randy could have lasted the 2nd round then I think he couldnt have edged it with Brock Tyring.
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby gzagee » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:32 pm

If anyone's interested there are priority tickets for UFC 95 Live at O2 Arena 21st Feb 2009

Bookings close tomorrow 21 November 2008

http://o2-mail.co.uk/?rBWp5RTQbegp-lFjAyh8rnxIuG7hG8wFr
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby nischit4 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:34 pm

TheLittleMozart wrote:
nischit4 wrote:I just the saw the match and I cant understand why Randy went down. The punch he caught wasn't that bad, although Brock was quick to follow up. Brock Lesnar is surprisingly quick for a fat lump

It may have looked like a normal punch but when you look at the actual size of Lesnar,it was probably the equivalent to a sledgehammer to the face!
Lesner did look extremelly tierd after only the 1st round though.. If Randy could have lasted the 2nd round then I think he couldnt have edged it with Brock Tyring.

I dont think so. Randy just couldn't handle Brock's size. I'd like to see one of the Gracies fighting Brock
nischit4
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby ScottishLass » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:37 pm

nischit4 wrote:
TheLittleMozart wrote:

I dont think so. Randy just couldn't handle Brock's size. I'd like to see one of the Gracies fighting Brock

Which of the Gracies?
ScottishLass
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to Other Sports