UFC

Talk about all the other sports that interest you here.

Re: UFC

Postby gzagee » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:37 pm

nischit4 wrote:
TheLittleMozart wrote:
nischit4 wrote:I just the saw the match and I cant understand why Randy went down. The punch he caught wasn't that bad, although Brock was quick to follow up. Brock Lesnar is surprisingly quick for a fat lump

It may have looked like a normal punch but when you look at the actual size of Lesnar,it was probably the equivalent to a sledgehammer to the face!
Lesner did look extremelly tierd after only the 1st round though.. If Randy could have lasted the 2nd round then I think he couldnt have edged it with Brock Tyring.

I dont think so. Randy just couldn't handle Brock's size. I'd like to see one of the Gracies fighting Brock

I'd like to see Brock fight that Russian Emilianencko (or however it's spelt).
That would be a good match!
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby StLGooner » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:42 pm

If Brock beat Fedor, MMA would die.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby nischit4 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:47 pm

gzagee wrote:
nischit4 wrote:
TheLittleMozart wrote:
nischit4 wrote:I just the saw the match and I cant understand why Randy went down. The punch he caught wasn't that bad, although Brock was quick to follow up. Brock Lesnar is surprisingly quick for a fat lump

It may have looked like a normal punch but when you look at the actual size of Lesnar,it was probably the equivalent to a sledgehammer to the face!
Lesner did look extremelly tierd after only the 1st round though.. If Randy could have lasted the 2nd round then I think he couldnt have edged it with Brock Tyring.

I dont think so. Randy just couldn't handle Brock's size. I'd like to see one of the Gracies fighting Brock

I think its too early for that fight. Brock has improved since his fight against Frank Mir, and he still needs to improve before he fights Emelianenko. Emelianenko would wipe the floor with Brock right now
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."— George W. Bush
nischit4
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby gzagee » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:49 pm

ChVint22 wrote:If Brock beat Fedor, MMA would die.

Are you here around the UFC 95 period?
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby StLGooner » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:54 pm

gzagee wrote:

Don't know when is UFC 95? I'm there from Feb 19th to the 25th.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby gzagee » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:01 pm

nischit4 wrote:
gzagee wrote:
nischit4 wrote:
TheLittleMozart wrote:

I think its too early for that fight. Brock has improved since his fight against Frank Mir, and he still needs to improve before he fights Emelianenko. Emelianenko would wipe the floor with Brock right now

I see your reasonng but I thought Randy would have too much for Brock. And I was proved wrong.
Fact is Brock's the Champ now, so he can't shy away from fights with anyone.
Champs are there to be shot at.
And Emelianenko hasn't fought in UFC (I don't think) so that might be a kind of leveller.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby gzagee » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:01 pm

ChVint22 wrote:
gzagee wrote:

21st Feb O2 Arena in London. I've posted the link on the previous page.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby StLGooner » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:05 pm

gzagee wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:
gzagee wrote:

Really?!?! Well the Sunderland game is that day too I believe so I can't miss that. But maybe hit up a pub to watch it afterwards? You in g-man? Or are you going to it? Heck what time does it start, maybe I can make both? :think:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby gzagee » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:08 pm

ChVint22 wrote:
gzagee wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:
gzagee wrote:

Really?!?! Well the Sunderland game is that day too I believe so I can't miss that. But maybe hit up a pub to watch it afterwards? You in g-man? Or are you going to it? Heck what time does it start, maybe I can make both? :think:

We shall convene nearer your arrival my friend.
As for my going it depends on the prices, and the priority tickets close tomorrow, I don't get paid til next week. :(
Might just have to catch Sunderland game with you in a watering hole if we're playing away.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby StLGooner » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:10 pm

yea, I probably won't be able to afford it either. We'll sort it out closer to time. The GW party might be that night too.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby nischit4 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:15 pm

@ gzagee - There's a difference between Randy and Fedor. Fedor is a way more skillful fighter. I've seen him catch a really heavy punch, but have the presence of mind to take the opponent to the ground within seconds. The man was just born to fight. His speed and technique on the ground is unbelievable. Although all this talk is useless unless Brock leaves UFC or Fedor leaves PRIDE
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."— George W. Bush
nischit4
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby StLGooner » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:41 pm

UFC 95 will take place in London on February 21st, and the main event could feature Chuck Liddell taking on Anderson Silva, according to a report from Fighters Only Magazine.

Fighters Only says the event has already been set for the O2 Arena, making it the third time the UFC has had a show there. There's no word on who will fight on the card, but Fighters Only mentions Silva and Liddell as possibilities. A Silva-Liddell fight has long been discussed, and with both fighters coming off disappointing performances, pairing them against each other would be a way of ensuring that at least one of the two stars gets back on track.

If the Fighters Only report is correct, the UFC will have two European shows in the first two months of 2009 and will not have a major American show outside Las Vegas until UFC 96, tentatively scheduled for March 7, 2009 in Columbus.

Michael Bisping, the Brit who has been a staple of past UFC shows in London, would be a logical choice to fight on the UFC 95 card -- except that he will apparently not fight again until after Season 9 of The Ultimate Fighter, on which he will be one of the coaches. Englishmen Paul Taylor and Dan Hardy would likely fight at UFC 95.

When the UFC has cards overseas, it often shows them on tape delay on Spike. But if Silva vs. Liddell is the main event, the show would most likely be carried live on Saturday afternoon on pay-per-view.

© http://mma.fanhouse.com/2008/10/28/ufc- ... bruary-21/

If Chuck ends up being the main event, I might take out a 2nd mortgage to go to this while I'm in London. Although, he's fighting Silva, so he may get killed.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby StLGooner » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:25 pm

Not sure if they showed this across the pond but they had a free UFC show that they put on for the troops that aired last night. Some real good knock outs in it, and also some poor soul got his arm broke, you can see the thing bend backwards and everything. Then the guy that did it, laughed about it and said he's been waiting to do that to somebody. :rofll:

How would you feel if some guy broke your arm then talked shit about it in front of everbody while you're over there nursing your injury getting ready to go to the hospital with possibly your career in jeapordy. :rofll:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby gzagee » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:28 pm

ChVint22 wrote:Not sure if they showed this across the pond but they had a free UFC show that they put on for the troops that aired last night. Some real good knock outs in it, and also some poor soul got his arm broke, you can see the thing bend backwards and everything. Then the guy that did it, laughed about it and said he's been waiting to do that to somebody. :rofll:

How would you feel if some guy broke your arm then talked shit about it in front of everbody while you're over there nursing your injury getting ready to go to the hospital with possibly your career in jeapordy. :rofll:

I just missed Ultimate Fight Night 16 this evening. It wasn't that was it?
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby StLGooner » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:53 pm

It might have been I'm not sure what it was called. I'm sure it will be on youtube soon.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Other Sports