UFC

Talk about all the other sports that interest you here.

Re: UFC

Postby gzagee » Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:23 am

SL you still here?

Rashad KO's Forest by G&P!!!

Nogeira was a big disappointment. KO'd by Mir.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby ScottishLass » Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:24 am

gzagee wrote:Only thing is SL, Vanderlei's beaten Rampage twice in Pride. So I hope Rampage gets his revenge.

Evans and Griffin is a tough one to call. See this going to points.

Mir should beat Nogeira.

Looks like we predticted the winners.

I got a couple of the rounds wrong though lol.

Absolutely gutted that Evans beat Griffin. I hate that little classless c***. I'll have a big smile on my face when someone ends him. :)
ScottishLass
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby gzagee » Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:26 am

ScottishLass wrote:
gzagee wrote:Only thing is SL, Vanderlei's beaten Rampage twice in Pride. So I hope Rampage gets his revenge.

Mir should beat Nogeira.

Absolutely gutted that Evans beat Griffin. I hate that little classless ****. I'll have a big smile on my face when someone ends him. :)

Haha! They were both complimentary of eachother afterwards.

Glad Rampage got his revenge. First rnd KO!! Whoooop!!
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby ScottishLass » Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:37 am

gzagee wrote:
ScottishLass wrote:

Mir should beat Nogeira.

Absolutely gutted that Evans beat Griffin. I hate that little classless ****. I'll have a big smile on my face when someone ends him. :)

Haha! They were both complimentary of eachother afterwards.

Glad Rampage got his revenge. First rnd KO!! Whoooop!!

Yeah, after that fight. I've never seen him be like that before. When he knocked out chuck he started to dig a hole with an imaginary spade. What a grade A c***.
ScottishLass
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Libertine » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:35 am

-- double post --
Last edited by Libertine on Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Libertine » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:37 am

Watched most of it last night.

Although Nogiera seemed to age in the ring (as does happen to fighters who've had more than a few 'wars') i still thought it was an excellent performance from Mir.

I thought the big French lad (can't think of his name) looked a good prospect too.

Interesting that some the non-British UFC lads are looking towards the UK for their training camps now.
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Libertine » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:50 pm

UFC 93 this Saturday.

Rich Franklin v Dan Henderson and Mark Coleman v Mauricio Shogun Rua top the bill, both fights are at Light-Heavyweight.

It's taking place in Dublin, so no having to sit up until 3am to watch it live.
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby gzagee » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:57 pm

And thank fook for that!
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby gzagee » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:59 pm

Cos I've been going to bed late I've taken to watching Cage Rage recently. I think the fights have been taking place on some beach in California or Florida judging by the sun.
Amateur fights, not too much technique but some fights are funny. They come out all guns blazing and by the end of the first round they're gassed!
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby TheLittleMozart » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:35 pm

Cant wait for UFC 93,especially the fight between Coleman and 'Shogun'. Wacthed thier last fight where Shogun dislocated his elbow but even at that Coleman was acting the c*** trying to hit him and anyone who came close.

How he destorys that cocky t**t Coleman!
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby ScottishLass » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:45 pm

TheLittleMozart wrote:Cant wait for UFC 93,especially the fight between Coleman and 'Shogun'. Wacthed thier last fight where Shogun dislocated his elbow but even at that Coleman was acting the **** trying to hit him and anyone who came close.

I think Coleman wrongly got alot of the blame for what happened afterwards. They both went down and the ref stopped it - Fair enough Coleman rag dolled the ref away but he did NOT try and hit him when he was on the ground after the ref stopped it. Then Shoguns corner men came bursting into the ring. Why should Coleman back down from them? They were as aggressive with him as he was with them. I for one hope Coleman beats him again. It annoys me how hes always being used as a way into the limelight for up and coming fighters. Forest dominated him when everyone thought it would be an easy fight for Shogun. I hope Coleman does the same.

On the Henderson vs Franklin fight.. I hope Franklin wins :D Will make Henderson out to be yet another Pride fighter who has flopped in the UFC. Should finally end the arguement of UFC or Pride. The only Pride fighter to have done OK in the UFC is Rampage.
ScottishLass
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby TheLittleMozart » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:52 pm

ScottishLass wrote:
TheLittleMozart wrote:Cant wait for UFC 93,especially the fight between Coleman and 'Shogun'. Wacthed thier last fight where Shogun dislocated his elbow but even at that Coleman was acting the **** trying to hit him and anyone who came close.

I think Coleman wrongly got alot of the blame for what happened afterwards. They both went down and the ref stopped it - Fair enough Coleman rag dolled the ref away but he did NOT try and hit him when he was on the ground after the ref stopped it. Then Shoguns corner men came bursting into the ring. Why should Coleman back down from them? They were as aggressive with him as he was with them. I for one hope Coleman beats him again. It annoys me how hes always being used as a way into the limelight for up and coming fighters. Forest dominated him when everyone thought it would be an easy fight for Shogun. I hope Coleman does the same.

Are you having a laugh?
he ragdolled the ref untol the ref finally got a hold of his leg to try and stop him and thats when showguns corner jumped in becuase that ref had no chance of stopping him.
Even Silva jumped in to try and stop the brawl and Coleman stomped on his NECK and was laughing about doing it in an interview afterwards bigging himself like a right knob.

Shogun admitted that he had a lot of personal prbloems going on at the time of the griffen fight and that he wanst in the best condition for the fight.
Therres no doubting hes a great fight though,he look apart Rampage Jackson in PRIDE and demolished his fair few of really good fighters on his travels through PRIDE.
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby ScottishLass » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:07 pm

TheLittleMozart wrote:
ScottishLass wrote:

Are you having a laugh?
he ragdolled the ref untol the ref finally got a hold of his leg to try and stop him and thats when showguns corner jumped in becuase that ref had no chance of stopping him.
Even Silva jumped in to try and stop the brawl and Coleman stomped on his NECK and was laughing about doing it in an interview afterwards bigging himself like a right knob.

Shogun admitted that he had a lot of personal prbloems going on at the time of the griffen fight and that he wanst in the best condition for the fight.
Therres no doubting hes a great fight though,he look apart Rampage Jackson in PRIDE and demolished his fair few of really good fighters on his travels through PRIDE.

TLM - <-- Let that load up to the part when Shogun lands on his arm. Describe to me when Coleman was trying to hit him whilst he was on the ground when the ref had a hold of him? Why did Shogun's corner jump in the ring? The fight was stopped, Coleman was standing still. Wheres the problem? Apart from the fact that Coleman got a bit overzelous and threw the ref behind him when he stopped it?
ScottishLass
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby TheLittleMozart » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:28 pm

I cant see it right now becuase Im in work but I watched it today and from what I can remember,he does keep trying to hit him when he lands on his arm (which is fine because he dosent know that showgun done his elbow in)
But he then continues to ragdoll the ref and starts going mad whilst standing a foot away from shogun.

If I were in his corner and my man was down with a serious injury,during which is opponet is going beserk with the ref having to hold him down of course I you'd jump in to protect him.
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Libertine » Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:50 pm

It's proper pissing down here, and i've just lost coverage of the Henderson v Franklin fight! :angry:
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

PreviousNext

Return to Other Sports