UFC

Talk about all the other sports that interest you here.

Re: UFC

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:50 am

Holloway vs Pettis should be fireworks.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:04 pm

Apparently Cain won't be allowed to fight due to health issues ffs.

Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:54 pm

I have to admit I'm pretty hyped for Ronda's return, does she come back with the same dominance she always had or does she crumble from too much inactivity and a mental block from being deposed?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:57 pm

Cain is out confirmed. Time to retire.

Part of me thinks Ronda will storm Nunes and submit her in the 1st round and the other part thinks she will have flashbacks to Holm and crumble the first big shot she takes.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:14 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Cain is out confirmed. Time to retire.

Part of me thinks Ronda will storm Nunes and submit her in the 1st round and the other part thinks she will have flashbacks to Holm and crumble the first big shot she takes.

This.

It could really go either way, however .......... as long as Ronda has her head on right and is up for some heavy dose of vengeance then the first scenario is all but guaranteed.

If she comes in like a deer in headlights then all bets are off.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:23 am

Jesus, Rousey absolutely massacred in 48 seconds. She is finished.

Nunes is ferocious.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby RW_0 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:51 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Jesus, Rousey absolutely massacred in 48 seconds. She is finished.

Nunes is ferocious.

RIP women's division...out of business in 12 months now that GOATsey is gone.
RW_0
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:17 am

RW_0 wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:Jesus, Rousey absolutely massacred in 48 seconds. She is finished.

Nunes is ferocious.

RIP women's division...out of business in 12 months now that GOATsey is gone.

You mean R.I.P. Ronda; the women's division will be fine.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Gooner_ESR10 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:23 am

Im not surprised. I called it months ago that she'd get killed by better stand up fighters. She needs a new coach or something.
Gooner_ESR10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Callum » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:02 pm

That was painful to watch.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:32 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:Cain is out confirmed. Time to retire.

This.

It could really go either way, however .......... as long as Ronda has her head on right and is up for some heavy dose of vengeance then the first scenario is all but guaranteed.

If she comes in like a deer in headlights then all bets are off.

LOL

Yeah think the 2nd one happened.

The net after the loss was a massacre, saw on one MMA forum someone say "Ronda is Royce Gracie but with tits".

I actually think Ronda's public implosions are bigger than Conor McGregor's wins lol.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:18 pm

How can you be that decorated of a MMA fighter and not even know basic boxing skills, like just moving your head? That is beyond mind boggling to me. Makes me question her whole career, and makes it seems like it was all just a lucky fluke!
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Fenice » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:33 pm

StLGooner wrote:How can you be that decorated of a MMA fighter and not even know basic boxing skills, like just moving your head? That is beyond mind boggling to me. Makes me question her whole career, and makes it seems like it was all just a lucky fluke!

Not really a fluke, just early days of it. Early UFC was also style vs style, the women just need to catch up, they've had less time for it. She has no self awareness. Her judo is phenomenal, take everyone down. Stop trying to stand.
Fenice
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby StLGooner » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:45 pm

Fenice wrote:
StLGooner wrote:How can you be that decorated of a MMA fighter and not even know basic boxing skills, like just moving your head? That is beyond mind boggling to me. Makes me question her whole career, and makes it seems like it was all just a lucky fluke!

Not really a fluke, just early days of it. Early UFC was also style vs style, the women just need to catch up, they've had less time for it. She has no self awareness. Her judo is phenomenal, take everyone down. Stop trying to stand.

I get early MMA when Gracie was winning because nobody knew back then how to defend that. But womens MMA was around for a while before it came to the UFC, and although what you say is still a part of it, it's still so hard to believe that even after she won a few, that she still didn't even learn to move her head. I learned bobbing and weaving from the movie Friday, certainly she should know this as well! :)
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:01 pm

I agree with a lot of the commentators, as a former boxer myself Ronda's style looks like she thinks pad work is actual boxing acumen.

She actually engages like shes on the pads, head centered, no movement, throwing in the pocket with zero set up or angles.

Now her stand up has been exposed she's in serous trouble, she needs some of that old Randy Couture clinch tie up Greco then go from the clinch into Judo.

I noticed her going straight to Judo which Judo is a lot of grabbing, its too difficult to grab a moving target with no clothing who's punching you in the face straight down the middle .......... worst thing was she just kept trying the same approach (even though it wasn't working) that's the most concerning aspect.

Its like she thinks "I'm Ronda Rousey, if I just have the will they'll buckle because I'm Ronda" well no Ronda, just no.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Other Sports