UFC

Talk about all the other sports that interest you here.

Re: UFC

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:14 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Wow.

Conor truly is pathetic, all these blatant fools throughout the fight and he still got destroyed.

https://streamable.com/r2hsd

1. Grabbing Khabib's shorts
2. Egregious illegal knee to the head of a downed opponent, that was disgraceful.
3. Grabbing the cage with his toes
4. Grabbing shorts again
5. Grabbing Khabib's glove
6. Grabbibg the cage with his hand

Just shows how desperate he was and makes Khabib's win even sweeter.

Conor got Ronda Rousey'd.

Over hyped White saviour, made out to be a god and a phenom even though he always had a blatant hole in his game regarding grappling, peddled him to the masses then he got exposed.

Next thing you know he'll be in the WWE with that mink coat of his and his sunglasses where they can actually control the narrative so that he actually never loses.

I did use to like Conor somewhat but have continuously been put off by his antics.

Compare that to a man like Usyk or Gassiev who I have infinitely more respect for.

I even find it hard to respect Khabib after that vaulting the Octagon BS, he embarrassed himself ........... and after the hiding he was taking also showed why grappling is no good for the streets lol.

He dived onto like 3 people, his wrestling couldn't help him, he had to be saved by security.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:40 pm

Casual observer here, not a fan....

The way I see it the sport is at a crossroads. It can either clean up it's act and stop with the extra curricular brawls, or go the way of WWE and become a naff pantomime

Can't have it both ways. Why? Because the authorities won't stand for real trouble and real fight fans won't stand for fake trouble
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby StLGooner » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:42 pm

I still like both fighters and still think Conor is good, but yes he always had holes in his game, but he was winning and he has a mouth, so like I said it sells fights. But say what you want about him, he talks all that smack and then has always been humble in defeat. I say fair play.

But he was way too cocky during the fight and didn't respect Khabib's hands at all and almost got knocked out. He literally pretty much walked up and didn't even have his hands up.

Makes you kind of wonder if he got rich and fat, and isn't as hungry as he once was. Maybe he needed this loss to wake him up? Or maybe he won't wake up at all.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby RW_0 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:36 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:

Conor truly is pathetic, all these blatant fools throughout the fight and he still got destroyed.

2. Egregious illegal knee to the head of a downed opponent, that was disgraceful.
4. Grabbing shorts again

Over hyped White saviour, made out to be a god and a phenom even though he always had a blatant hole in his game regarding grappling, peddled him to the masses then he got exposed.

Next thing you know he'll be in the WWE with that mink coat of his and his sunglasses where they can actually control the narrative so that he actually never loses.

I did use to like Conor somewhat but have continuously been put off by his antics.

Compare that to a man like Usyk or Gassiev who I have infinitely more respect for.

I even find it hard to respect Khabib after that vaulting the Octagon BS, he embarrassed himself ........... and after the hiding he was taking also showed why grappling is no good for the streets lol.

He dived onto like 3 people, his wrestling couldn't help him, he had to be saved by security.

Lol, Khabib could have taken out Conor's camp one by one right after the fight. He prolly came to his senses and thought about the civil lawsuits if he hurts anyone
RW_0
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:33 pm

RW_0 wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

4. Grabbing shorts again

Lol, Khabib could have taken out Conor's camp one by one right after the fight. He prolly came to his senses and thought about the civil lawsuits if he hurts anyone

Watch it again.

He did more damage to the Octagon climbing over it than he did to Conor's team.

Experience has shown me that there is a marked difference between a controlled combat sport and how things turn out in a no rules situation.

Grappling is not good for the streets, that I can promise you, some guy tried on me once ............ put it this way, it wasn't me on my back with my eyes rolling to the back of my head when it ended.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:38 pm

Lol of course grappling is good for the streets.

90% of street fights will end up on the ground, if someone knows jiu jitsu or wrestling the chances are the person they are fighting will not.

Even rudimentary level understanding of grappling gives you a massive advantage over the average guy.

Btw no martial art form will help you in a 3 against 1, all you can really do is swing blindly.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:57 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Lol of course grappling is good for the streets.

90% of street fights will end up on the ground, if someone knows jiu jitsu or wrestling the chances are the person they are fighting will not.

Even rudimentary level understanding of grappling gives you a massive advantage over the average guy.

Btw no martial art form will help you in a 3 against 1, all you can really do is swing blindly.

Dude .................. :doh:

Please don't state things like that because I've seen it, done it and watched it time and again.

Street fights in my town especially in the 90's and early 2,000's were all the rage so to speak, we were doing it or seeing it every week for years.

I've had a 6 on 1 before and made it out with no injuries bar a small cut on my hand, if I was using JJ I'd of been in the hospital.

90% of street fights end up on the ground, well that's bollocks for starters.

Real world application means you need something you can use when and where it happens.

Most fights happen in bars on a night out or in the street mostly when there's numbers.

You go round trying to slap a triangle on a guy in a club and see what happens, you'd either get stomped by his mates or if it goes wrong you'll be in a bad position if he gets loose.

I have wrestled one guy before when I was heavier, but compared to when I use boxing it was a lot of effort throwing him around into shop windows when if I was in boxing shape it'd usually just take a few well placed shots and he'd of been floored.

By the way just so you know I've been training boxing since 1997 and did about 4-5 years doing MMA training as well especially when I was 2 stone heavier than I am now.

I used to hate getting into fights in town when I was big, yes I could of easily dominated a guy on a one on one using wrestling but it was never friggin one on one.

............ also if someone tried to grapple with me there is plenty of tricks to use which are not allowed in MMA.

Would you want to be on the floor rolling around with some nutter who tries to bite your ear or nose off? would you want to be in side mount with a guy who's trying to thumb you in the eyes?

As I said last guy that tried to get me in a rear naked choke failed and was clinging on to me out of position to the side because I spun him and went to the ground to get my defensive base sorted, he realised that as soon as he lets go he was in for it.
We got thrown out and I was so mad because I knew what he tried to do I Ko'ed him with one haymaker from hell and did something else which I won't mention, I was absolutely fuming.

No way was I letting some drunk c*nt choke me unconscious, I literally wanted to end him.
Last edited by DiamondGooner on Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:05 am

PS- for further proof watch the Khabib fight and see one minute against Conor he looks like a worldie, jumps the fence into a street fight and next thing you know he's getting smacked around and cowering into the security guards.

Case and point.

Now if prime Tyson would of jumped that fence ............ :hiding:
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:30 am

Well I'm not talking group fight scenarios, that's different, in street fights with multiple people it's absolute chaos and there is no way to control anything.

Whatever happens happens and there are infinite variables.

But one on one, If you have a grappling background and decide to take someone down they are absolutely f***ked.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:48 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Well I'm not talking group fight scenarios, that's different, in street fights with multiple people it's absolute chaos and there is no way to control anything.

But one on one, If you have a grappling background and decide to take someone down they are absolutely f***ked.

But there are levels.

Taking down some normal joe, sure, its easy.

But what about some nutty hard case who'll bite or eye gouge or what if the guy your fighting is a big ass strong HW you can't over power? or someone like me who's trained and was actually pretty good at grappling once and know's how to sprawl and counter etc?

I've fought and KO'ed guys bigger than me because I can bang and boxing is hit and move, if someones a biting nutter, again, you can't bite someone if your unconscious.

Basically what I'm getting at is that there is a difference between an arranged match and real life, i.e when you really need to defend yourself or bad things will happen situation.

What can help you easily beat a guy in a controlled environment can get you killed in a street situation.

I do respect wrestling because you can slam a mofo on the ground and get in GnP but again in real life on the street you'd really want to be north of 16 stone to make sure your strong enough to use it on most people, no point being great at wrestling but be 11 stone.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby AlexMills » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:18 pm

what? no you don't need to be over 100kilo to be able to use grappling safely for self defense what are you on about?

use your brain, then grappling if the situation is conducive. if the opponent looks weak/untrained and is flying solo there's no reason not to go for it.

also I find it hilarious how so many people don't understand that for each punch they throw without protection there is a significant chance of getting their metacarpals broken. bareknuckle boxing is no trivial shit.
AlexMills
Liam Brady

Postby Losmeister » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:52 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Well I'm not talking group fight scenarios, that's different, in street fights with multiple people it's absolute chaos and there is no way to control anything.

THIS. And no one in his weight classes can deal with Khabib. Not even remotely as far as I have seen.
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Losmeister » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:54 pm

Just rewind and rewind rnd 2...

Rnd 3 Khabib decided to go toe to toe in case he can take him out, only takes 1 or 2 shots.

Rnd 4.. Conor so tired that Khabib pick him up and carries him halfway across the ring to the fence and downs and submits him.
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:06 pm

Losmeister wrote:Just rewind and rewind rnd 2...

Rnd 3 Khabib decided to go toe to toe in case he can take him out, only takes 1 or 2 shots.

Rnd 4.. Conor so tired that Khabib pick him up and carries him halfway across the ring to the fence and downs and submits him.

He has been known to do this.

Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:28 pm

AlexMills wrote:what? no you don't need to be over 100kilo to be able to use grappling safely for self defense what are you on about?

use your brain, then grappling if the situation is conducive. if the opponent looks weak/untrained and is flying solo there's no reason not to go for it.

also I find it hilarious how so many people don't understand that for each punch they throw without protection there is a significant chance of getting their metacarpals broken. bareknuckle boxing is no trivial shit.

If you rely on grappling and your 12st and end up in a street brawl with a 120kg guy your going to struggle if not get pummeled.

I'm not talking about fighting wimps here, I'm talking about fighting guys who are tough or strong.

As you say, your painting your scenario, "if the opponent looks weak/untrained and is flying solo there's no reason not to go for it." so I'd ask you, what if he's not weak or any of the above perfect scenario you've drummed up?

The reason I said 16 stone is because at that weight your strong / big enough to use it almost universally against anyone, at 12st you are not.

........... again, maybe we're using different measuring sticks, your on about average Joe, I'm on about someone who can actually handle themselves.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Other Sports