UFC

Talk about all the other sports that interest you here.

Re: UFC

Postby Losmeister » Mon May 11, 2020 3:51 am

this whole tony is a freak thing is alotta hot air...unorthodox guy who has crappy defense...

havent seen such a one sided fight in a while.... didnt look like he belonged at all....
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby StLGooner » Mon May 11, 2020 11:45 am

Losmeister wrote:makes me think tony wouldsa got dominated by khabib

I don't think Khabib would have hit Tony like Gaethje did, he's not that type of striker or that good. Would have been a totally different fight imo. Justin literally broke Tony's will and probably his face.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Losmeister » Mon May 11, 2020 7:10 pm

StLGooner wrote:

I don't think Khabib would have hit Tony like Gaethje did, he's not that type of striker or that good. Would have been a totally different fight imo. Justin literally broke Tony's will and probably his face.

i no way did i imply that it would be a similar fight.

he'da got dominated on the ground.
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Losmeister » Mon May 11, 2020 7:11 pm

i mean, ffs... TF did like 2 things the whole fight....

he shoulda lost every round by 2 pts.

thats another thing i dont get...giving the loser of the round 9 pts all the time... thats bs
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Est83 » Mon May 11, 2020 9:06 pm

Clearly not a Tony fan.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby gooney » Tue May 12, 2020 9:11 am

Est83 wrote:
Losmeister wrote:
Jedi wrote:

Based on what? He lost a striking match, he would be fighting Khabib on the ground.

for all the talk about his unorthodoxy being such a gift... he got outclassed and the shit beat out of him

i think khabib woulda outclassed him took him down and beat the shit out of him on the ground....

Would have been a completely different fight.

Not saying Tony would definitely win, but he's freakish in where he can find holds and locks, there's always a huge risk to taking him down. He's been working with Eddie Bravo a lot, and you've seen the submissions, so you know he's comfortable on his back, probably more so than any other fighter.

His engine alone would have made him Khabib's most formidable opponent, as Khabib's submissions usually come after rounds of leg humping like a randy parasite. I love Khabib, but that shit simply wouldn't have worn Tony down.

Gaethje could also beat him, although I don't think he will. Gaethje's takedown defence and wrestling background put him in good stead to keep the fight standing... and if it stays standing, he wins.

My initial feeling was that he would tire and eventually get taken down, but after seeing him basically go the whole five rounds against Tony, I'm thinking this maybe something that he's addressed.

Such a an exciting division right now. Still wanna see Tony vs Khabib, plus McGregor is intelligent enough to come back with something different. He won a round off Khabib after all, and is apparently back to being focused... I'm not so sure a rematch would end so predictably.

Justin isnt gonna keep that fight standing nor will it be standing war. I give justin one chance, if he catches khabib with a punch during a scramble. But I dont see him hurting khabib standing in neutral position or avoiding many takedowns. He will have small windows to get something in.Khabib is much much better wrestler than Justin
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Losmeister » Tue May 12, 2020 10:00 am

Est83 wrote:Clearly not a Tony fan.

i watched his hilites. good stamina. very good stamina and engine. crap technique.

all gaethje did was fundamental solid boxing. and he whipped his ass cleanly and clearly made him look like a bum.

my pt about losers of rnds getting nine points is something i been saying since the late 70's.

i have nuthn againts tony cept his trash talking schtick. i hope he didnt get permanent damage.
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby gooney » Tue May 12, 2020 10:41 am

Losmeister wrote:

i watched his hilites. good stamina. very good stamina and engine. crap technique.

all gaethje did was fundamental solid boxing. and he whipped his ass cleanly and clearly made him look like a bum.

my pt about losers of rnds getting nine points is something i been saying since the late 70's.

i have nuthn againts tony cept his trash talking schtick. i hope he didnt get permanent damage.

A lot of times 9/10 round is fair. But I agree it shouldnt take a knockdown to give someone 8 in a round. Tony should definetely got 8 for the 4th round as he ate so many clean shots
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Losmeister » Tue May 12, 2020 7:38 pm

gooney wrote:
Losmeister wrote:

A lot of times 9/10 round is fair. But I agree it shouldnt take a knockdown to give someone 8 in a round. Tony should definetely got 8 for the 4th round as he ate so many clean shots

WHat is even the point having having a range of zero to ten when a guy gets nine for sinply surviving a rnd.
Tony should get a 5 for the 4th rnd.,
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Losmeister » Tue May 12, 2020 7:48 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bLE4fzIp2s

And one official actaully gave Johnsoin a 9 for one of teh 1st 2 rnds. how does getting your ass kicked on the ground for 4 minutes of a rnd even get you 8/10 pts?
for what?
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby StLGooner » Tue May 12, 2020 7:49 pm

It's weird how one minute a fighter will seem unbeatable then the next they get dominated and you question whether they were really even good or not. Someone will eventually dominate Khabib and we'll ask the same questions about his all around game as well. Watch!
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Losmeister » Tue May 12, 2020 8:48 pm

StLGooner wrote:It's weird how one minute a fighter will seem unbeatable then the next they get dominated and you question whether they were really even good or not. Someone will eventually dominate Khabib and we'll ask the same questions about his all around game as well. Watch!

30-0 and out, I think.
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Losmeister » Tue May 12, 2020 10:45 pm

who is gonna "dominate" khabib? meay he lose? sure. these are pros. but i dont see any dominating happening.
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby LMAO » Wed May 13, 2020 6:53 am

StLGooner wrote:It's weird how one minute a fighter will seem unbeatable then the next they get dominated and you question whether they were really even good or not. Someone will eventually dominate Khabib and we'll ask the same questions about his all around game as well. Watch!

Throwback to when Rousey caught Holm's hands :rofll:
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Losmeister » Thu May 14, 2020 10:37 am

are the refs hired by their abil;ity to let people get punched 5 extra times? wtf?
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to Other Sports