UFC

Talk about all the other sports that interest you here.

Re: UFC

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:39 pm

Lol ffs

Comparing Sonnen and a 46 year old Henderson to probably the greatest ever. Jesus wept.

If you know anything about MMA you know GSP is probably the best takedown artist of all time. No one can stop his double leg.

Bisping did well when he was taken down, he managed to get back to his feet a few times and even butchered GSP with elbows from the bottom - he actually got the better of it with GSP on top of him. That is unheard of.

You can call GSP a "blown up ww", but it's GSP we're talking about.

This is genuinely the worst ever conspiracy theory, as if Bisping wanted to get choked half to death.

It's also insulting to Bisping, he is one of the toughest fighters of all time, to suggest he threw a fight he was winning up until he lost is ridiculous.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby StLGooner » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:01 pm

Bisping has been punching above his weight though and I think overachieved recently. It is the fight game and anything can happen, but Bisping just doesn't have that overall well rounded skill, I knew his spot on top wouldn't last long. He is a tough some of a bitch though.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:50 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Lol ffs

Comparing Sonnen and a 46 year old Henderson to probably the greatest ever. Jesus wept.

If you know anything about MMA you know GSP is probably the best takedown artist of all time. No one can stop his double leg.

Bisping did well when he was taken down, he managed to get back to his feet a few times and even butchered GSP with elbows from the bottom - he actually got the better of it with GSP on top of him. That is unheard of.

You can call GSP a "blown up ww", but it's GSP we're talking about.

This is genuinely the worst ever conspiracy theory, as if Bisping wanted to get choked half to death.

It's also insulting to Bisping, he is one of the toughest fighters of all time, to suggest he threw a fight he was winning up until he lost is ridiculous.

Bisping is a bum riding off over the hill legends.

Also on GSP (and MMA) you don't need to tell me anything, I've been watching MMA since 1996 thanks.

GSP has not competed in 4 years and got a beat down by Hendricks because he finally came against someone he couldn't out muscle.
GSP would lose to prime Sonnen, so again if Bisping can shuck off Sonnen how does he get taken down like a 5 year old with no resistance from a rusty blown up WW.

The mother fker was even out striking Bisping, counter right hands ffs!! how does a guy who was striking with Anderson Silva till the final bell get tagged by GSP who was never a good striker??

IF YOU know anything about MMA, the form Bisping has been he's (even though he's half lucked it) how does he turn in such a flat performance against a MW newbie?

I was disgusted with that fight, even if I hadn't bet on it.

Tell you what, watch what happens when GSP fights a top MW contender next and lets see how that one pans out shall we.

GSP one of the greatest of all time ......... yeah at WW.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:20 pm

GSP would lose to a prime Sonnen...Jesus Christ.

The guy lost every big fight he had, coincidentally his best win is against Bisping.

GSP brought in Freddie Roach, he improved his boxing skills and Bisping was tentative - that's why he got outstruck.

He didn't turn in a flat performance, he started slow but he won round 2 and was winning round 3 until he got caught with that huge left.

GSP was also gassing, the extra muscle was sapping his stamina. Bisping likely would have won, GSP was bloodied up and tired, he needed to win the and there and he did.

All credit to him for pulling it out.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:50 pm

GSP would lose to Sonnen.

Sonnen is too big and strong for GSP, if you know about wrestling, you'll know strength is a major factor in a sport where throwing bodies around is the objective.

GSP lost to Hendricks for the same reason, Sonnen is even bigger than Hendricks, Sonnen also trained with Hendo and Couture, these guys were the best wrestler group that came into MMA for a long time.

GSP has grappling skills above Sonnen in certain areas like submissions, but overall their wrestling ability is comparable and Sonnen's sheer size and strength would make the difference.

I think your forgetting what a ferocious competitor Sonnen was when he hit form in his run at Anderson Silva, Silva got away with that first fight via 5th round triangle, he was dominated up till then.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:10 am

You also have to consider Bisping is nearly 40 years old and has had the most fights in UFC history.

He's been in the wars, lots of wear and tear.

He was in his early 30s when he fought Sonnen.

Would a 38 year old Sonnen be able to beat this version of GSP?

I doubt it. He's lost 4 of his last 6 fights dating back to 2012.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:23 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:You also have to consider Bisping is nearly 40 years old and has had the most fights in UFC history.

He's been in the wars, lots of wear and tear.

He was in his early 30s when he fought Sonnen.

Would a 38 year old Sonnen be able to beat this version of GSP?

I doubt it. He's lost 4 of his last 6 fights dating back to 2012.

Prime Sonnen, the Sonnen that ran through Brian Stann, Nate Marquadt, Shogun, Bisping, Okami, Miler and was a hairs breadth of taking prime Silva's title in the first fight, legit best MW in the world outside of Silva at the time.

Sonnen now is out of the UFC and way on the slide, he's been on the slide since losing to Silva the 2nd time and taking Hari Kari fights like Jon Jones.

He's just taking money now, tbf Sonnen has always been a bit part fighter, great ability but was never serious about it the way his team mates at Team Quest were, I think he said he has money from businesses and that so just liked the competition, its only when he got in the UFC and had the title run he became serious.

Also I'd be careful about thinking "This version of GSP" honestly I saw no improvement, just less athleticism against a befuddled, crappy Bisping.

When GSP was in his WW prime he could do everything we saw the other day but looked sleeker, fitter and stronger for the weight class.

When GSP gets in there with the Whittaker's, Rockhold, Romero then we'll see if he's legit MW.

If so probably GOAT P4P.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:27 pm

Bisping knocked out in the first round.

Can't believe they allowed him to fight 3 weeks after being mauled by GSP.

Disgraceful by the UFC and whatever "doctor" cleared him.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:32 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Bisping knocked out in the first round.

Finally got my £200 worth.

Hope he fights again in another 3 weeks and gets merked then the £200 would be a bargain.

Yes I'm still salty about it lol.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:59 pm

They let Cerrone do that and he won though. So does it matter if you're winning, or only matter if losing?
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:08 am

StLGooner wrote:

They let Cerrone do that and he won though. So does it matter if you're winning, or only matter if losing?

Bisping got knocked down twice, ate a bunch of huge elbows and was choked out.

Also important to remember Bisping is nearly 40 and has had more bouts than any other fighter in UFC history.

Context absolutely matters.

Just because Cowboy had a quick turn around fight - even though it was longer than three weeks - doesn't mean letting Bisping fight wasn't irresponsible .
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby StLGooner » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:45 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
StLGooner wrote:

Bisping got knocked down twice, ate a bunch of huge elbows and was choked out.

Also important to remember Bisping is nearly 40 and has had more bouts than any other fighter in UFC history.

Context absolutely matters.

Just because Cowboy had a quick turn around fight - even though it was longer than three weeks - doesn't mean letting Bisping fight wasn't irresponsible .

Cowboy actually fought twice in 15 days.

I agree btw, but was just asking your opinion.

When money is involved and when most fighters make very little (compared to many athletes), and they have short careers, I don't really blame either of them for wanting to fight as much and as often as possible.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Schlandi » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:42 pm

So UFC is really going on with the 145 women divison putting mostly some poor women in a cage with Steroids Cyborg?

#GoonersWorldExcuses
- Their goalkeerper had the game of his life
- We should have had 10+ penalties .. shit ref
- If long term injured player xyz would have been available we would have won easily
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby StLGooner » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:33 pm

SchlandGooner wrote:So UFC is really going on with the 145 women divison putting mostly some poor women in a cage with Steroids Cyborg?

Gotta start somewhere I guess.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Schlandi » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:19 am

StLGooner wrote:
SchlandGooner wrote:So UFC is really going on with the 145 women divison putting mostly some poor women in a cage with Steroids Cyborg?

Gotta start somewhere I guess.

This is also true but currently it's a big joke.

#GoonersWorldExcuses
- Their goalkeerper had the game of his life
- We should have had 10+ penalties .. shit ref
- If long term injured player xyz would have been available we would have won easily
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

PreviousNext

Return to Other Sports