What did ray rice do wrong?

Talk about all the other sports that interest you here.

Re: What did ray rice do wrong?

Postby 22-0 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:17 pm

Kyle? wrote:
22-0 wrote:dont bother SW obviously society is so brainwashed that they cant even see the double standards

So beating up women is fine then? Can you just hand in your man card right now please, you and No1fan are doing everyone a great disservice.

sigh this is exactly the shit i mean. youre so upset that you dont even understand what hes saying
22-0
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:15 am

He was out of order and that's that.

The guy is an American Football player, and that's not some drunken ghetto street sket getting all up in his face, that's the woman he supposedly loves.

He could of pushed her away even slapped her but he chinned the woman out cold, he could of busted her jaw, smashed her teeth etc.

To top it off he then drags her out of the lift like a cave man and just leaves her there, there's nothing right about anything he did.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby S&W the no1Fan » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:55 am

DiamondGooner wrote:He was out of order and that's that.

The guy is an American Football player, and that's not some drunken ghetto street sket getting all up in his face, that's the woman he supposedly loves.

He could of pushed her away even slapped her but he chinned the woman out cold, he could of busted her jaw, smashed her teeth etc.

To top it off he then drags her out of the lift like a cave man and just leaves her there, there's nothing right about anything he did.

so because it isnt a drunken street sket it is wrong? That's kind of classist in my opinion

anyway can i ask why it was acceptable that his fiance was acting like a drunken street sket to her now husband? Again there hasn't been one equal argument that looks at both sides. It is ok for the woman to hit the one she loves but when the man reacts he is wrong? lol

It doesnt matter what he could have done this still doesnt rebut my point, if this was a man reacting to another man who hit him (and your case let us assume they were lovers) no one would say a single thing to defend the person who started it. Lets be honest the woman did not hit the guy in a restrained fashion she just full out hit him. He didnt escalate anything his hit was just better than her hit. If he had opened his hand whilst making the same movement the consequences would have been the same, she would still be out could, the punch didnt knock her out the impact of her head on the elevator did.

I dont think people on here can say that ray rice was the wrong party here and then say that they support gender equality unless their opinion is that no bigger person should ever be allowed to respond physically to a smaller person attacking them. If that isnt the case you are a sexist unfortunately.
S&W the no1Fan
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby arsenalyank » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:45 am

This is just my opinion, but to think that all situations are held to the same black and white standard is naive and overly simplistic. While I think that the onus of responsibility for the altercation is on the woman (from what we know), and that she's quite deranged, we're all responsible for our actions in all situations, and Ray Rice was responsible for his. If an child attacks you, a child who is smaller and bears no physical threat, are we within our right to knock them out ? If you're a highly trained military solider who has lethal hand-to-hand combat skills, and some idiot drunk starts shoving you in a bar, are you within your rights to break their neck? No, and this is true for both men and women. If a woman beats up a child who's acting out and becoming physical, or if she's the trained military solider who breaks someone's neck she's going to be serving time just like if it was a male. In essence, this is the physical disparity between Ray Rice and his wife, and to state that this disparity plays a role in interpreting the situation is not sexist, unless there's a definition of sexist that I'm not aware of.

Now, if this was some stranger that he didn't know, or if there was any possibility of being attacked by a weapon (i.e. actual possibility of physical threat), then what Ray Rice did should be acceptable because he was ensuring his own safety. However, given that they are now married I'll wager he knew her pretty well and could accurately predict that she wasn't going Sling Blade on him. While the woman may be an idiot, she was hitting him with her hands; what damage is she going to do? Ray Rice's response was overly excessive and unnecessary (the leaving her in the hallway bit didn't help either), and that is what people are upset about.
arsenalyank
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby JordanTheGunner » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:39 am

Ray Rice should not be laying a hand on anyone as he is far superior to a lot of people. He is evidently in the wrong and S&W I think acknowledges that.

However the point S&W is making is that a woman can hit a man, not get nothing, but a man can hit a women and get slaughtered.

Forget about everything else, forget about love, forget about size, forget about anything, that's the way it is and it's wrong as you genuinely do get some girls capable of really hurting a man.

With cases like this, either you have to accept women are not as equal as men or you change laws, simple.
Follow me on twitter @JordanLovesey!

The only proven winner in red and white at this club? Arsene Wenger. Sack the board.
JordanTheGunner
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Royal Gooner » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:44 am

My opinion is that I am a great believer in gender equality. If a woman hits me, i'll hit her back. (to quote Rowdy Roddy Piper)
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:01 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:My opinion is that I am a great believer in gender equality. If a woman hits me, i'll hit her back. (to quote Rowdy Roddy Piper)

But if your girlfriend (not some stranger) pushes you do you knock her block off?

No.

Its completely disproportionate.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby JordanTheGunner » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:50 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:My opinion is that I am a great believer in gender equality. If a woman hits me, i'll hit her back. (to quote Rowdy Roddy Piper)

But if your girlfriend (not some stranger) pushes you do you knock her block off?

No.

No hence why he said 'equality'. If she pushed him, he would push her back.

The only proven winner in red and white at this club? Arsene Wenger. Sack the board.
JordanTheGunner
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:20 pm

JordanTheGunner wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

No.

Right, so Ray Rice got pushed or at worse you could say it was a slap or hands flapping in his face.

Instead of "equally" responding, he's fking lamped her one square on the jaw, the same thing I'd do to Propa_Nutcase.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:32 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
JordanTheGunner wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

No.

Right, so Ray Rice got pushed or at worse you could say it was a slap or hands flapping in his face.

Instead of "equally" responding, he's fking lamped her one square on the jaw, the same thing I'd do to Propa_Nutcase.

You and me can have a bit of a sort out if you want
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby JordanTheGunner » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:19 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
JordanTheGunner wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

No.

Yh Ray Rice didn't handle the situation appropriately. You were responing to Royal Gooner's post.

JordanTheGunner
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby S&W the no1Fan » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:53 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
JordanTheGunner wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

No.

so when someone attacks your face you have to choreograph your response in the exact same way? Again if it was a dude flapping at a stronger guys face and he got knocked out the dude that won wouldnt have his career ruined. THis is what i am talking about before you respond with poorly thought out responses, substitute the woman with a weaker man and see if the response would still apply, if it doesnt then you are being sexist.

All this defending the weakest is bull shit, if you are stupid enough to get in a cage with a tiger dont be surprised when it fucks you up. Society has become so twisted that aggressors of situations are more protected these days than the actual person suffering the attack.
S&W the no1Fan
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby StLGooner » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:05 pm

Leody wrote:Understand that, but like I said, he could have easily neutralized the situation without hitting her. She was essentially harmless.

This!

But I don't agree on the punishment he got for it. Essentially lost his career over this now. Which is wrong.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby S&W the no1Fan » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:47 pm

ChVïnt22 wrote:
Leody wrote:Understand that, but like I said, he could have easily neutralized the situation without hitting her. She was essentially harmless.

This!

But I don't agree on the punishment he got for it. Essentially lost his career over this now. Which is wrong.

underestimating anyone is a big mistake. If a person approaches you with the intent to do damage preemptive strikes are justified, he neutralised the situation and didnt continue. Saying she is harmless just because she is a woman

is

1. Very stupid (plenty of men have been killed by women that they love)

2. untrue

even a scratch to the face, a slap, a flail to the face is more harm than he should have expected for not attacking her physically. One you try and attack a person and continue to attack them you shouldnt complain just because they can do it better than you. Under law you are allowed to neutralise the situation, he did that.

The same way under us law if someone is attacking you with their fists you are allowed to shoot them. You can say that the harm done by a gun is far more than the harm done by fists but why should a person be attacking someone who hasnt attacked them in the first place? If Ray rice's wife behaved like a civilised human being and not a savage then he wouldnt need to put her down like an animal.
S&W the no1Fan
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Maradonna » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:51 pm

Trina wrote:S & W, sorry but your posts are ridiculous against women. First, get them pregnant and you should be able to have nothing to do with the child....now, beat them up and it's ok. I watched the video and he is in the wrong.

I haven't read your replies or the thread because it will just be excuses from you.

Im really glad most men are not like you.

either you love or you hate your mom salty, its weird because you seem such a nice guy, but your vision regarding womans are really weird.
Maradonna
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to Other Sports