What did ray rice do wrong?

Talk about all the other sports that interest you here.

Re: What did ray rice do wrong?

Postby Cripps » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:54 pm

What did he do wrong?

He got caught....
Cripps
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 43238
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:05 pm

Re: What did ray rice do wrong?

Postby 22-0 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:06 pm

Cripps wrote:What did he do wrong?

He got caught....


Image
User avatar
22-0
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 3705
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:10 pm

Re: What did ray rice do wrong?

Postby S&W the no1Fan » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:11 pm

Maradonaitis wrote:
Trina wrote:S & W, sorry but your posts are ridiculous against women. First, get them pregnant and you should be able to have nothing to do with the child....now, beat them up and it's ok. I watched the video and he is in the wrong.

I haven't read your replies or the thread because it will just be excuses from you.

Im really glad most men are not like you.

either you love or you hate your mom salty, its weird because you seem such a nice guy, but your vision regarding womans are really weird.


yes they are weird because they dont conform with society views on gender roles but if you take all of that out you cannot say i am being irrational.

i love my mum lol, i dont have an issue against women i have an issue against gender roles and equality. On one hand women are fighting to fix issues in the system and the way society works that 'oppresses' them however it seems like when men do the same thing they either hate women like trina said or hate their mothers like you have now said. It's something i dont quite understand.

Some of the reactions in here would lead you to believe that someone campaigning for equal treatment for men and women (i have so in respect to family laws and now a domestic case) is a person that hates women. I am far from that If i see a woman getting troubled on the streets i'll help her if i see a man do so i will help him. The real issue is that most people on here wouldnt do the same if it was a man on the streets.



just watch this video this is a perfect example.
User avatar
S&W the no1Fan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 5617
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:10 pm

Re: What did ray rice do wrong?

Postby StLGooner » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:14 pm

Salt and Wenger wrote:
ChVïnt22 wrote:
Leody wrote:Understand that, but like I said, he could have easily neutralized the situation without hitting her. She was essentially harmless.



This!

But I don't agree on the punishment he got for it. Essentially lost his career over this now. Which is wrong.


underestimating anyone is a big mistake. If a person approaches you with the intent to do damage preemptive strikes are justified, he neutralised the situation and didnt continue. Saying she is harmless just because she is a woman

is

1. Very stupid (plenty of men have been killed by women that they love)

2. untrue

even a scratch to the face, a slap, a flail to the face is more harm than he should have expected for not attacking her physically. One you try and attack a person and continue to attack them you shouldnt complain just because they can do it better than you. Under law you are allowed to neutralise the situation, he did that.

The same way under us law if someone is attacking you with their fists you are allowed to shoot them. You can say that the harm done by a gun is far more than the harm done by fists but why should a person be attacking someone who hasnt attacked them in the first place? If Ray rice's wife behaved like a civilised human being and not a savage then he wouldnt need to put her down like an animal.



Agree to disagree. Most woman are physically inferior, which was the case for this. He knew that, she knew that, he didn't have to knock her out, he could have just grabbed her. Now if it was Ronda Rousey, then yes, by all means deck the bitch. But it wasn't and she was harmless. If a man can't take a few slaps from a woman, or a scratch to the face then he has bigger issues to deal with.
Formerly ChVint22
User avatar
StLGooner
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 32761
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:07 pm
Location: St. Louis, Mo USA

Re: What did ray rice do wrong?

Postby JordanTheGunner » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:23 pm

Salt and Wenger wrote:
ChVïnt22 wrote:
Leody wrote:Understand that, but like I said, he could have easily neutralized the situation without hitting her. She was essentially harmless.



This!

But I don't agree on the punishment he got for it. Essentially lost his career over this now. Which is wrong.


underestimating anyone is a big mistake. If a person approaches you with the intent to do damage preemptive strikes are justified, he neutralised the situation and didnt continue. Saying she is harmless just because she is a woman

is

1. Very stupid (plenty of men have been killed by women that they love)

2. untrue

even a scratch to the face, a slap, a flail to the face is more harm than he should have expected for not attacking her physically. One you try and attack a person and continue to attack them you shouldnt complain just because they can do it better than you. Under law you are allowed to neutralise the situation, he did that.

The same way under us law if someone is attacking you with their fists you are allowed to shoot them. You can say that the harm done by a gun is far more than the harm done by fists but why should a person be attacking someone who hasnt attacked them in the first place? If Ray rice's wife behaved like a civilised human being and not a savage then he wouldnt need to put her down like an animal.

A girl digging their nails in your skin is one of the worst pains, worse than being punched in the stomach/arm. Strength doesn't always mean more pain, technique is also a factor. So even if girls are "not as strong" that fact shouldn't be overlooked.
Follow me on twitter @JordanLovesey!

The only proven winner in red and white at this club? Arsene Wenger. Sack the board.
User avatar
JordanTheGunner
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 6057
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:22 am
Location: Gloucester, England.

Re: What did ray rice do wrong?

Postby S&W the no1Fan » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:16 pm

ChVïnt22 wrote:
Salt and Wenger wrote:
ChVïnt22 wrote:
Leody wrote:Understand that, but like I said, he could have easily neutralized the situation without hitting her. She was essentially harmless.



This!

But I don't agree on the punishment he got for it. Essentially lost his career over this now. Which is wrong.


underestimating anyone is a big mistake. If a person approaches you with the intent to do damage preemptive strikes are justified, he neutralised the situation and didnt continue. Saying she is harmless just because she is a woman

is

1. Very stupid (plenty of men have been killed by women that they love)

2. untrue

even a scratch to the face, a slap, a flail to the face is more harm than he should have expected for not attacking her physically. One you try and attack a person and continue to attack them you shouldnt complain just because they can do it better than you. Under law you are allowed to neutralise the situation, he did that.

The same way under us law if someone is attacking you with their fists you are allowed to shoot them. You can say that the harm done by a gun is far more than the harm done by fists but why should a person be attacking someone who hasnt attacked them in the first place? If Ray rice's wife behaved like a civilised human being and not a savage then he wouldnt need to put her down like an animal.



Agree to disagree. Most woman are physically inferior, which was the case for this. He knew that, she knew that, he didn't have to knock her out, he could have just grabbed her. Now if it was Ronda Rousey, then yes, by all means deck the bitch. But it wasn't and she was harmless. If a man can't take a few slaps from a woman, or a scratch to the face then he has bigger issues to deal with.


so if a physically inferior man attacked you, you would try and restrain him? or grab him? Why should any person have to 'take a few slaps or scratches'?

are you even thinking about what you are saying? You want men to be submissive? you want them to be walked over? you want them to take free shots because they are men? It shows how twisted society is that someone can come out openly as say such a ridiculous thing. Men are not expendable, they are not pawns, they do not need to take anything that a woman do not. If i get stronger i dont expect people to come up to me and start punching me just because now i am strong or because i am able to take it better.

Thinking that taking slaps and scratches is proof that you are a man or that you are stronger is the most ridiculous thing ever.
User avatar
S&W the no1Fan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 5617
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:10 pm

Re: What did ray rice do wrong?

Postby StLGooner » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:43 pm

Salt and Wenger wrote:
ChVïnt22 wrote:
Salt and Wenger wrote:
ChVïnt22 wrote:
Leody wrote:Understand that, but like I said, he could have easily neutralized the situation without hitting her. She was essentially harmless.



This!

But I don't agree on the punishment he got for it. Essentially lost his career over this now. Which is wrong.


underestimating anyone is a big mistake. If a person approaches you with the intent to do damage preemptive strikes are justified, he neutralised the situation and didnt continue. Saying she is harmless just because she is a woman

is

1. Very stupid (plenty of men have been killed by women that they love)

2. untrue

even a scratch to the face, a slap, a flail to the face is more harm than he should have expected for not attacking her physically. One you try and attack a person and continue to attack them you shouldnt complain just because they can do it better than you. Under law you are allowed to neutralise the situation, he did that.

The same way under us law if someone is attacking you with their fists you are allowed to shoot them. You can say that the harm done by a gun is far more than the harm done by fists but why should a person be attacking someone who hasnt attacked them in the first place? If Ray rice's wife behaved like a civilised human being and not a savage then he wouldnt need to put her down like an animal.



Agree to disagree. Most woman are physically inferior, which was the case for this. He knew that, she knew that, he didn't have to knock her out, he could have just grabbed her. Now if it was Ronda Rousey, then yes, by all means deck the bitch. But it wasn't and she was harmless. If a man can't take a few slaps from a woman, or a scratch to the face then he has bigger issues to deal with.


so if a physically inferior man attacked you, you would try and restrain him? or grab him? Why should any person have to 'take a few slaps or scratches'?

are you even thinking about what you are saying? You want men to be submissive? you want them to be walked over? you want them to take free shots because they are men? It shows how twisted society is that someone can come out openly as say such a ridiculous thing. Men are not expendable, they are not pawns, they do not need to take anything that a woman do not. If i get stronger i dont expect people to come up to me and start punching me just because now i am strong or because i am able to take it better.

Thinking that taking slaps and scratches is proof that you are a man or that you are stronger is the most ridiculous thing ever.



I don't think I said any of that, you're just assuming and making shit up now.
Formerly ChVint22
User avatar
StLGooner
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 32761
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:07 pm
Location: St. Louis, Mo USA

Re: What did ray rice do wrong?

Postby S&W the no1Fan » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:56 pm

ChVïnt22 wrote:
Salt and Wenger wrote:
ChVïnt22 wrote:
Salt and Wenger wrote:
ChVïnt22 wrote:
Leody wrote:Understand that, but like I said, he could have easily neutralized the situation without hitting her. She was essentially harmless.



This!

But I don't agree on the punishment he got for it. Essentially lost his career over this now. Which is wrong.


underestimating anyone is a big mistake. If a person approaches you with the intent to do damage preemptive strikes are justified, he neutralised the situation and didnt continue. Saying she is harmless just because she is a woman

is

1. Very stupid (plenty of men have been killed by women that they love)

2. untrue

even a scratch to the face, a slap, a flail to the face is more harm than he should have expected for not attacking her physically. One you try and attack a person and continue to attack them you shouldnt complain just because they can do it better than you. Under law you are allowed to neutralise the situation, he did that.

The same way under us law if someone is attacking you with their fists you are allowed to shoot them. You can say that the harm done by a gun is far more than the harm done by fists but why should a person be attacking someone who hasnt attacked them in the first place? If Ray rice's wife behaved like a civilised human being and not a savage then he wouldnt need to put her down like an animal.



Agree to disagree. Most woman are physically inferior, which was the case for this. He knew that, she knew that, he didn't have to knock her out, he could have just grabbed her. Now if it was Ronda Rousey, then yes, by all means deck the bitch. But it wasn't and she was harmless. If a man can't take a few slaps from a woman, or a scratch to the face then he has bigger issues to deal with.


so if a physically inferior man attacked you, you would try and restrain him? or grab him? Why should any person have to 'take a few slaps or scratches'?

are you even thinking about what you are saying? You want men to be submissive? you want them to be walked over? you want them to take free shots because they are men? It shows how twisted society is that someone can come out openly as say such a ridiculous thing. Men are not expendable, they are not pawns, they do not need to take anything that a woman do not. If i get stronger i dont expect people to come up to me and start punching me just because now i am strong or because i am able to take it better.

Thinking that taking slaps and scratches is proof that you are a man or that you are stronger is the most ridiculous thing ever.



I don't think I said any of that, you're just assuming and making shit up now.



you said

Most woman are physically inferior, which was the case for this. He knew that, she knew that, he didn't have to knock her out, he could have just grabbed her.


to which i said

so if a physically inferior man attacked you, you would try and restrain him? or grab him? Why should any person have to 'take a few slaps or scratches'?


my response follows the exact same logic that you are suggesting. You say if you know a person is weaker than you (the person you use as an example is a woman) and they attack you, you should only grab them. Is this true or not

you then say

If a man can't take a few slaps from a woman, or a scratch to the face then he has bigger issues to deal with.


What do you mean by this then? please explain because i just went through possible interpretations.

ie

You want men to be submissive? you want them to be walked over? you want them to take free shots because they are men?


rewording what you said it can be looked at like this

'if a man isnt prepared to act as a vessel in which women can take out their frustrations then there is an inherent problem in that man'

if it doesnt mean that please explain what it means.
User avatar
S&W the no1Fan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 5617
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:10 pm

Re: What did ray rice do wrong?

Postby StLGooner » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:58 pm

You are so off of everything it isn't even worth responding too. You make sooo many assumptions that are so way off base, it's like I'm talking to a 10 y/o. Wowzers!!
Formerly ChVint22
User avatar
StLGooner
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 32761
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:07 pm
Location: St. Louis, Mo USA

Re: What did ray rice do wrong?

Postby Kyle? » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:09 pm

I honestly envy S&W, having such a blinkered world view and being totally sure that he's correct about it. Takes guts to be so horrifically wrong yet so adamant that you're right.
Fatal Descent
Spinning around
I've gone too far
To turn back round

Desperate attempt
Stop the progression
At any length
Lift this obsession



Arsenal In, Arsene Out
User avatar
Kyle?
Banned
 
Posts: 8914
Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: What did ray rice do wrong?

Postby S&W the no1Fan » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:16 pm

ChVïnt22 wrote:You are so off of everything it isn't even worth responding too. You make sooo many assumptions that are so way off base, it's like I'm talking to a 10 y/o. Wowzers!!



i asked you to explain so why aren't you.

:dontknow:

i dont think saying it's like talking to a 10 year old is an explanation. I just want to know what you mean by

If a man can't take a few slaps from a woman, or a scratch to the face then he has bigger issues to deal with.


please dont try and deflect attention like you're previous post. I haven't once argued about you i have stuck closely to your argument.
User avatar
S&W the no1Fan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 5617
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:10 pm

Re: What did ray rice do wrong?

Postby Zenith » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:26 pm

S&W I thought this thread was about whether he did anything wrong or not? Both have; she appears to scratch him in the face a couple of times and as a response he knocks her out with full force.

You wandered off topic and started bringing up gender equality, which is a completely different discussion, an endless one too.

Would I have used more force when it was a physically inferior adult male who was the attacker? Of course I would have, especially considering it all happens in the heat of the moment where the instinct takes over, rather than rational thinking. Anyone who claims he acts as gently with a physically inferior male as with a female is either a hypocrite or simply hasn't been in that particular situation.

To come back on original topic; both where wrong, but he was even more so. In this case there is no right, it really is that simple.

Usually I don't participate in discussions like these, they always have the same predictable outcome and at the end of the day no one has learned anything because, quite frankly there isn't anything to learn.
Image
User avatar
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 27069
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:48 pm
Location: Gallia Belgica, 5 hours away from The Grove

Re: What did ray rice do wrong?

Postby S&W the no1Fan » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:26 pm

Zenith wrote:S&W I thought this thread was about whether he did anything wrong or not? Both have; she appears to scratch him in the face a couple of times and as a response he knocks her our with full force.

You wandered off topic and started bringing up gender equality, which is a completely different discussion, an endless one too.

Would I have used more force when it was a physically inferior adult male who was the attacker? Of course I would have, especially considering it all happens in the heat of the moment where the instinct takes over, rather than rational thinking. Anyone who claims he acts as gently with a physically inferior male as with a female is either a hypocrite or simply hasn't been in that particular situation.

To come back on original topic; both where wrong, but he was even more so. On this case there is no right, it really is that simple.

Usually I don't participate in discussions like these, they always have the same predictable outcome and at the end of the day no one has learned anything because, quite frankly there isn't anything to learn.



Nice post i agree with most of it i acknowledge they were both wrong to an extent, really ray rice should have reported his fiance for assualt and seeing as there is video footage i hope action would have been taken. Unfortunately i doubt it would have because of the part gender roles play in society. As people have stated on this thread men are expected to take abuse.

Where i disagree with you is over your statement that they are he was more in the wrong. I think this conclusion contradicts the rest of your post and is probably influence by an outside factor/variable. Which is your belief in gender roles. If the law is used properly ray rice is the innocent person in this incident and the only thing he is guilty of is defending himself.

The only way i would understand why you think he is more so in the wrong would be if you would also believe that if you reacted aggressively to a physically inferior man you were in the wrong. Under those specifications then i cant really argue against what you said.
User avatar
S&W the no1Fan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 5617
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:10 pm

Re: What did ray rice do wrong?

Postby JordanTheGunner » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:03 am

Salt and Wenger wrote:
Zenith wrote:S&W I thought this thread was about whether he did anything wrong or not? Both have; she appears to scratch him in the face a couple of times and as a response he knocks her our with full force.

You wandered off topic and started bringing up gender equality, which is a completely different discussion, an endless one too.

Would I have used more force when it was a physically inferior adult male who was the attacker? Of course I would have, especially considering it all happens in the heat of the moment where the instinct takes over, rather than rational thinking. Anyone who claims he acts as gently with a physically inferior male as with a female is either a hypocrite or simply hasn't been in that particular situation.

To come back on original topic; both where wrong, but he was even more so. On this case there is no right, it really is that simple.

Usually I don't participate in discussions like these, they always have the same predictable outcome and at the end of the day no one has learned anything because, quite frankly there isn't anything to learn.



Nice post i agree with most of it i acknowledge they were both wrong to an extent, really ray rice should have reported his fiance for assualt and seeing as there is video footage i hope action would have been taken. Unfortunately i doubt it would have because of the part gender roles play in society. As people have stated on this thread men are expected to take abuse.

Where i disagree with you is over your statement that they are he was more in the wrong. I think this conclusion contradicts the rest of your post and is probably influence by an outside factor/variable. Which is your belief in gender roles. If the law is used properly ray rice is the innocent person in this incident and the only thing he is guilty of is defending himself.

The only way i would understand why you think he is more so in the wrong would be if you would also believe that if you reacted aggressively to a physically inferior man you were in the wrong. Under those specifications then i cant really argue against what you said.

People shouldn't start shit, she shouldn't of started it, but he shouldn't have reacted like that. Her actions were wrong, his reactions were way over the top, I do feel on this occasion that he shouldn't of done what he did, a push with force would have been enough.

It's like someone littering and being imprisoned for a year because of it. It's just way over the top.

IMO I reckon laws should suit both genders and you shouldn't stereotype a gender cos of 'the majority', I think all cases should be handled appropriately and weight/size/strength should play more of a part than gender as I do not see how that is not sexism but never mind.
Follow me on twitter @JordanLovesey!

The only proven winner in red and white at this club? Arsene Wenger. Sack the board.
User avatar
JordanTheGunner
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp
 
Posts: 6057
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:22 am
Location: Gloucester, England.

Previous

Return to Other Sports

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest