What did ray rice do wrong?

Talk about all the other sports that interest you here.

What did ray rice do wrong?

Postby S&W the no1Fan » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:10 pm

honestly i dont see what he did that is considered domestic violence?

His fiance attacked him and she got knocked out for being so stupid. If a guy who was skinnier or less able to defend himself went and attacked a absolute beast no one would care that he had his ass handed to him because he deserved it. However for some reason the media and the general population want to lead us to believe that women aren't adult enough to be accountable for stupid decisions and smart enough to know that they shouldnt attack someone who will beat them.

The only domestic violence offense i saw here was from his fiance who couldnt find a better way of venting her frustration than attacking a man who hadn't attacked her. He gave her a warning shot after being hit twice by sucker punches, she then decided that she wanted to charge at him as if she could win in a physical bout. She got knocked out and it's exactly what she deserved by instigating the whole thing and by starting the fight.
S&W the no1Fan
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Re: What did ray rice do wrong?

Postby JordanTheGunner » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:24 pm

Haven't watched the video, will give it a watch later as am at work but this is my opinion on multigender violence.

I would never ever think to punch a girl, don't get me wrong I've pushed girls away from me but I would never think to myself "I'm gna fckin lamp her", however if a man hit a girl after they started hitting him or she was getting out of control then I can understand that.

I remember talking about a similar topic on here and I would say that if a woman wants to fight then the man should not get in the way and simply fight back, I've seen bigger girls beat up smaller boys and people just laugh about it after but had it been the other way around... MASSIVE STORY ON BBC NEWS, MASS POLICE INVESTIGATION, FINES, CHARGES, BAD REPUTATION, PEOPLE IN DISGUST.
Follow me on twitter @JordanLovesey!

The only proven winner in red and white at this club? Arsene Wenger. Sack the board.
JordanTheGunner
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby S&W the no1Fan » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:44 pm

JordanTheGunner wrote:Haven't watched the video, will give it a watch later as am at work but this is my opinion on multigender violence.

I would never ever think to punch a girl, don't get me wrong I've pushed girls away from me but I would never think to myself "I'm gna fckin lamp her", however if a man hit a girl after they started hitting him or she was getting out of control then I can understand that.

I remember talking about a similar topic on here and I would say that if a woman wants to fight then the man should not get in the way and simply fight back, I've seen bigger girls beat up smaller boys and people just laugh about it after but had it been the other way around... MASSIVE STORY ON BBC NEWS, MASS POLICE INVESTIGATION, FINES, CHARGES, BAD REPUTATION, PEOPLE IN DISGUST.

this is pretty much my opinion

me personally i've never hit a girl

i've had girls who have punched me and if it was a man there's no doubt in my mind that i would have dismantled him.
I have to think who are the only other people that i wouldnt retaliate with violence even though i know that i would win (my parents or children) if the hit first. So in the situation of a woman hitting first the reasons why i didnt retaliate can come under 2 reasons.

1. I view their lives as more important than me (in a way that i view my parents seniority over me as more important)

2. They haven't got the mental capacity to be held accountable for their actions.

there is a 3rd reason that probably describes why i didnt retaliate

The disproportional social and structural punishments that are incurred when retaliating when attacked by a woman compared to being attacked by a man. But these punishments must be founded on either 1 or both of the above 2 principles. Which imo aren't conducive to opinions that place men and women as equal.

Men are less important than women and or they dont have the cappacity to be held accountable for their actions.

As i said earlier, had ray rice retaliated when a weaker man sucker punched him, a bit would have been said but he would still have his job and reputation. However because a woman did the same thing, her worth is either higher than a mans or she is unable to comprehend that if you attack someone that is bigger than you and stronger, their retaliation is likely to be more dangerous.
S&W the no1Fan
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Propa_Nutcase » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:51 pm

I agree, she got in his face and started talking shit. Shit got exactly what she deserved. I would have done exactly the same.

Propa_Nutcase
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Swan » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:53 pm

Wtf is wrong with you guys.
Swan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby JordanTheGunner » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:56 pm

Swan wrote:Wtf is wrong with you guys.

Please explain?
Follow me on twitter @JordanLovesey!

The only proven winner in red and white at this club? Arsene Wenger. Sack the board.
JordanTheGunner
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby S&W the no1Fan » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:59 pm

Swan wrote:Wtf is wrong with you guys.

if you can explain so rationally go for it
S&W the no1Fan
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby 22-0 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:10 pm

equal rights equal fights.

nothing pisses me off more than a girl that starts throwing punches and gets knocked the f**k out then starts crying cus she got hit
22-0
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Diaby24AFC » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:27 pm

22-0 wrote:equal rights equal fights.

nothing pisses me off more than a girl that starts throwing punches and gets knocked the f**k out then starts crying cus she got hit

To be honest, his (now) wife wasn't crying about it. She took it like a champ and partly blamed herself.
Diaby24AFC
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby 22-0 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:32 pm

Diaby24AFC wrote:
22-0 wrote:equal rights equal fights.

To be honest, his (now) wife wasn't crying about it. She took it like a champ and partly blamed herself.

yeah wasnt really aimed at her just saying
22-0
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby uvrays » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:40 pm

Instinctively it feels wrong when a woman gets knocked out but women can't just throwing punches and expect nothing will come back. Violence is wrong, period. Again, most women are not like that but some are.

2:10 is a good point.
uvrays
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Leody » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:16 pm

Legally in Maryland he honestly didn't do much wrong. (or whatever it happened)

He was only facing probation at the worst because she initiated the physical altercation.

I don't agree with it, because I think he could have handled it better without hitting her. It's like hitting a child... He's probably got 100 lbs on her and is a professional athlete.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby 22-0 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:22 pm

Leody wrote:It's like hitting a child... He's probably got 100 lbs on her and is a professional athlete.

probably but the fact that shes female has nothing to do with that
22-0
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby S&W the no1Fan » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:27 pm

Leody wrote:Legally in Maryland he honestly didn't do much wrong. (or whatever it happened)

He was only facing probation at the worst because she initiated the physical altercation.

I don't agree with it, because I think he could have handled it better without hitting her. It's like hitting a child... He's probably got 100 lbs on her and is a professional athlete.

if it was a weak man would you be saying the same?

it isnt like hitting a child at all, they dont know better she does.

Women are not children treating them like children isnt right in any way or form. Just because you are physically weaker it doesnt permit you to hit someone who is stronger and then tell that person that it is them who is in the wrong for not showing restraint (ironically people dont say the weaker person should have shown restraint originally).
S&W the no1Fan
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Leody » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:29 pm

Understand that, but like I said, he could have easily neutralized the situation without hitting her. She was essentially harmless.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Next

Return to Other Sports