What did ray rice do wrong?

Talk about all the other sports that interest you here.

Re: What did ray rice do wrong?

Postby S&W the no1Fan » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:43 pm

again you haven't made clear why the onus is on him to show restraint when hit in the face. Whilst she didnt when no physical violence came her way. Just because she is unable to cause physical harm doesnt mean that she didnt intend to. Reacting to a physical hit to the face isnt just about the actual knock to the face. You react to the fact that they are intentionally trying to cause physical harm to you no matter how capable they are of doing so.

I dont see how you can rationally argue that a man should restrain a woman who physically attacks him whilst pn the other hand he can retaliate and attack a physically weaker man, without subscribing to the ideology that women and men are not equal.

In your original response you said that its like hitting a child so you implied that women have the same accountability and responsibility for their actions as children.
S&W the no1Fan
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Leody » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:22 pm

You're generalizing greatly. This situation is like hitting a child. (in relation to difference of physical ability) Not all situations.

So, with your logic any amount of force would be acceptable because she was going into him with the intention of causing harm? What if he caused serious brain damage or death? Would it have been acceptable for him to strike her with a club? Shoot her?

He responded to her attack with a far superior amount of aggression and force than she used. That makes him at fault in our legal system. You may respond with an equal or lesser amount of force only.

You asked what exactly did he do wrong, that's your answer.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Trina » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:43 pm

S & W, sorry but your posts are ridiculous against women. First, get them pregnant and you should be able to have nothing to do with the child....now, beat them up and it's ok. I watched the video and he is in the wrong.

I haven't read your replies or the thread because it will just be excuses from you.

Im really glad most men are not like you.
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby UFGN » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:23 pm

He should have restrained her without hurting her. He has vastly superior strength.

You'd have to be a really nasty piece of work to draw any other conclusion imo.

And as for the analogy of it being a smaller man instead of a woman, the same applies. Standards of behaviour...... is this really such an old fashioned concept? If you find yourself in a fight with a bloke who is clearly not a match for you, it doesn't give you a licence to beat the shit out of him. Not saying it never happens, but if it does, its wrong and illegal.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby S&W the no1Fan » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:13 pm

Leody wrote:You're generalizing greatly. This situation is like hitting a child. (in relation to difference of physical ability) Not all situations.

So, with your logic any amount of force would be acceptable because she was going into him with the intention of causing harm? What if he caused serious brain damage or death? Would it have been acceptable for him to strike her with a club? Shoot her?

He responded to her attack with a far superior amount of aggression and force than she used. That makes him at fault in our legal system. You may respond with an equal or lesser amount of force only.

You asked what exactly did he do wrong, that's your answer.

there was no difference in aggression between the two the only difference was that with the same amount of aggression he was able to inflict more damage.

I didnt say any amount of force is acceptable what i said was that he had every right to react in the same way that he was attacked. If someone is hits someone it isnt excessive for that person to retaliate and hit back. There is no escalation here, judging the capability of the person you are about to hit is part of it all. If you cannot handle the retaliation dont do it if you do accept what was dealt to you.

Bringing up guns and clubs has absolutely nothing to do with the situation and it's fallacious at best. He didnt use a gun or a club he used his own hands the same way she used hers. She is the only one who provided an escalation in this situation, there was no physical violence and then she escalated it to the point that there was.

There is no law that states that you have to respond with equal or less force, most laws cite reasonable force that ends the dispute. He hit her once she fell and that was it.

You still have not explained why it is ok that this reaction is frowned upon yet the same reaction when done on a weaker man isnt.
S&W the no1Fan
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Kyle? » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:14 pm

S&W, if i were to punch your girlfriend, i imagine you'd be pretty pissed off with me.
Fatal Descent
Spinning around
I've gone too far
To turn back round

Desperate attempt
Stop the progression
At any length
Lift this obsession

Arsenal In, Arsene Out
Kyle?
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby S&W the no1Fan » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:21 pm

Trina wrote:S & W, sorry but your posts are ridiculous against women. First, get them pregnant and you should be able to have nothing to do with the child....now, beat them up and it's ok. I watched the video and he is in the wrong.

I haven't read your replies or the thread because it will just be excuses from you.

this isnt a post against women though. I know it's easy to view any issue that pertains to the rights of men as against women but it isnt.

It's like saying women seeking wage equality is against men.

If you are stating that ray rice's fiances attack is acceptable but ray rice's self defence isnt acceptable. Then either you are a supporter of inequality between men and women or you are too biased to give an impartial opinion.

I'm not excusing a men hitting women i dont care about the genders involved it seems like you are, what i am excusing is a man acting is self defence. If it was a man that was hitting or even slapping ray rice and he reacted that way not one eye lid would bat. As it was a woman every stone was moved to ruin ray rice.

Now i would have no issue if the same reaction happened if weak men had the same privileged of hitting people without the fear of retaliation but that isnt the case.
S&W the no1Fan
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Kyle? » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:24 pm

Salt and Wenger wrote:
Trina wrote:S & W, sorry but your posts are ridiculous against women. First, get them pregnant and you should be able to have nothing to do with the child....now, beat them up and it's ok. I watched the video and he is in the wrong.

this isnt a post against women though. I know it's easy to view any issue that pertains to the rights of men as against women but it isnt.

If you are stating that ray rice's fiances attack is acceptable but ray rice's self defence isnt acceptable. Then either you are a supporter of inequality between men and women or you are too biased to give an impartial opinion.

I'm not excusing a men hitting women i dont care about the genders involved it seems like you are, what i am excusing is a man acting is self defence. If it was a man that was hitting or even slapping ray rice and he reacted that way not one eye lid would bat. As it was a woman every stone was moved to ruin ray rice.

Now i would have no issue if the same reaction happened if weak men had the same privileged of hitting people without the fear of retaliation but that isnt the case.

I would hardly call what he did "self defence"
Fatal Descent
Spinning around
I've gone too far
To turn back round

Desperate attempt
Stop the progression
At any length
Lift this obsession

Arsenal In, Arsene Out
Kyle?
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby S&W the no1Fan » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:36 pm

Kyle? wrote:S&W, if i were to punch your girlfriend, i imagine you'd be pretty pissed off with me.

yeah the same way i'd be pissed off with you if you punched my dad, brother, mates or anyone that i knew personally.
S&W the no1Fan
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby S&W the no1Fan » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:39 pm

Kyle? wrote:
Salt and Wenger wrote:

I would hardly call what he did "self defence"

so backing away from someone who is trying to hit you isnt self defence? hitting them when they carry on approaching you isnt either?
S&W the no1Fan
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby S&W the no1Fan » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:40 pm

UFGN wrote:He should have restrained her without hurting her. He has vastly superior strength.

And as for the analogy of it being a smaller man instead of a woman, the same applies. Standards of behaviour...... is this really such an old fashioned concept? If you find yourself in a fight with a bloke who is clearly not a match for you, it doesn't give you a licence to beat the shit out of him. Not saying it never happens, but if it does, its wrong and illegal.

yeah standards of behaviour only apply to men got it.
S&W the no1Fan
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby UFGN » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:50 pm

Salt and Wenger wrote:
UFGN wrote:He should have restrained her without hurting her. He has vastly superior strength.

You are so full of shit. I blame the mods for your bullshit actually. You ate just a t**t, they should have removed you by now.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby 22-0 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:50 pm

dont bother SW obviously society is so brainwashed that they cant even see the double standards
22-0
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Kyle? » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:04 pm

22-0 wrote:dont bother SW obviously society is so brainwashed that they cant even see the double standards

So beating up women is fine then? Can you just hand in your man card right now please, you and No1fan are doing everyone a great disservice.
Fatal Descent
Spinning around
I've gone too far
To turn back round

Desperate attempt
Stop the progression
At any length
Lift this obsession

Arsenal In, Arsene Out
Kyle?
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby S&W the no1Fan » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:05 pm

UFGN wrote:
Salt and Wenger wrote:

You are so full of shit. I blame the mods for your bullshit actually. You ate just a t**t, they should have removed you by now.

why resort to insults?

please act like a civilized adult and argue the point not the poster.
S&W the no1Fan
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to Other Sports