NFL Thread

Talk about all the other sports that interest you here.

Re: NFL Thread

Postby Santi » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:21 am

welcome to wildcard weekend

absolutely f***ked that, everyone's slagging brady for the int throw but a fg wasn't guaranteed from the distance if he took the sack and 3 points would've made no difference in the end.

f***ing PENALTIES OH MY GODDDDDDDDDDDD sack them all, marcus cannon you are an unreal k***.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:28 am

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr that really has ended our season. Problem is this was always possible, we take the Steelers for granted but they are a quality team with so many attacking weapons and a huge grudge against us. Losing to the Dolphins in the manner we did last week was the bigger problem.

This team just ins't good enough to let the system cover it up anymore, our red zone offense has been disgraceful all year and despite doing quite well today, our defense is horrible.

Despite ALL that, cut out those bs penalties today and we're set for #2 seed and a first round bye. Shows how good BB is because this team should be nowhere near a bye.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:31 am

^Could still get a bye with the Texans having to go to Philly next Sunday. If y'all can't beat both the Bills and the Jets at home to finish a respectable 11-5, then you were never going to do much this season anyway.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby LMAO » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:38 am

Fly, Eagles, Fly! Big Dick Nick and the Eagles came out looking to make a statement tonight against the Rams. They tried their hardest to give the game to LA in the 4th, but Gurley and their TE decided to go full r***rd and not go out of bounds to stop the clock on the final drive.

But more important than the Rams losing, there was a Kroenke sighting. At least he cares about one of his franchises :dontknow:

I can see the Rams dropping their final regular season game to the 49ers and the Bears stealing the #2 seed. The Rams haven't been the same since their bye, and Goff has been ass the past couple weeks.

Now the Saints only need to win 2/3 to lock up dome field advantage. Tomorrow night in Charlotte might be our last game away from the Dome until the Super Bowl. A second Lombardi trophy is so close.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Santi » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:54 am

LMAO wrote:^Could still get a bye with the Texans having to go to Philly next Sunday. If y'all can't beat both the Bills and the Jets at home to finish a respectable 11-5, then you were never going to do much this season anyway.

Yeah I know we're really banking on that, I knew Philly would turn up today and at odds of 6.00 there was big money to be made. Unfortunately only put them in my 8 fold acc which the Seahawks and Giants destroyed.

Hopefully they can do it again vs the Texans :pray:

Either way we don't really deserve the bye but it's our only chance of getting anywhere near the AFC Champ game nevermind the SB. It could be a disaster if we do get there on current form.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:37 am

Despite our offense's best effort to lose the game, our defense said, "Not today." Very ugly win, but I'll take an ugly win over a pretty loss any day.

Have hella respect for Kuechly; he always has the Panthers' D play us well, especially in Charlotte.

We badly need Armstead and Ginn back so our offense can stop being dogshit. The OL is the walking wounded and there's no deep threat at receiver.

At least we're 12-2 and back in the Superdome for the last two games after a three-game road trip. And if we beat Pittsburgh on Sunday, we lock up home-field and can shut it down against Carolina in week 17 to let the starters get a much needed two week rest (and I get to see Teddy play an entire game <3 ).

But f**k, I really don't want us to have to become the 2015 Broncos with the defense carrying us to a Super Bowl win. I'd love to see some offense along the way in the playoffs :crybaby:
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Santi » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:22 am

Yeah if you win I’d hope it’s because of the sheer amount of attaching weapons and trick plays with the backup qb (hill is it? Forgot his name now)

Thought the panthers would do you last night tbh, haven’t watched it but sounds like they’re getting some form back and agree kuechly is an unreal player.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:15 am

Wow just watched the highlights, this ravens team are scary now that Jackson is actually finding some passing rhythm as well as his running ability. Their defence has always been solid, huge win for them, really turning it on at the right time.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:53 am

I wish I wasn't a sports fan sometimes. I feel like I'd live a lot longer if I wasn't lmao. Thank heavens Ginn is back; we would've lost without him. Armstead is aggravating with his glass body, but I hope he's good to go in three weeks because our OL is on god mode with him at LT. Most importantly, NUMBER ONE SEED CLINCHED! The road to Atlanta runs through NOLA and the Superdome :hail: And I get to see Teddy next week <3 Also, AB is the best receiver in the NFL holy shit he punked one of the best CBs in Lattimore today.

Told you y'all were still in a good spot to get that first-round bye, Santi :P The Eagles came through for y'all today like they did for us last week. Don't know if you can go to KC and win, but it should be a good game since defense is a thing again (and I can never doubt the Pats in the playoffs as long as Belichick and Brady are there).

The Ravens should've played Lamar from the beginning of the season if they knew Flacco wasn't in their future plans. Could've been in contention for a first-round bye.

The Browns are gonna be scary next season. 5-2 since firing that pos Hue. Baker is exactly what Cleveland needed after LeBron left for the second time.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Santi » Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:00 pm

Thought it was a bit of a choke from the Steelers at the end though, they had more than enough time to go and get a simple FG and coughed up a turnover :doh: Would prefer to get them in the playoffs than the Ravens with the way Jackson is running but hey, we did well out of this weekend despite the Eagles trying to throw their win away as well (thanks Vikings for putting the pressure back on).

Everyone is so scared of going to Arrowhead but I really don't get why, no matter where we play them it will be a QB shootout and just depends who puts the better game together. We proved we could beat them at our place when they were on fire so no reason we can't do the same in their place...if they even get that far, I don't think they will. I'm not sure we will either.

Ravens and Cowboys could do some damage in these playoffs for me. Saints are the obvious favourite and the Rams seem to have recovered albeit vs a dreadful team.

Also excited for the Browns next year, finally they get some hope going into a season, they could've made the playoffs this year bar one or two late mistakes in the early games.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:32 am

I got my wish in a two-for-one special. We get to play the Eagles, and the Bears have been eliminated.

I think we match up best against Philly out of the remaining NFC teams—even with Foles at the helm instead of Wentz—because of their shit secondary and their lack of a running game, but I'm not expecting us to beat the brakes off them 48-7 again. Imo, it'll be a lot closer, probably something like 31-20.

I hope the government shutdown doesn't f**k my flying experience this coming weekend and hopefully next weekend (and SB week) too much.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Santi » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:38 pm

Two touchdowns to start and we actually look like a normal Patriots offense again.

COME ONNNNNNNNNN
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:21 pm

Super Bowl just round the corner. No idea who's playing but most importantly as always is half time show.

Seems a bit dead though with unknowns such as big boi (who?) and travis Scott (who?)

Only Maroon 5 can save it
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Santi » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:42 pm

Congrats Brandon, never wrote your lot off but the Eagles came out really strong in that first quarter and should've done more damage with it.

2 key plays for me; the 4th down throw to Kirkwood for the TD gave you huge momentum (it would've been a killer to miss that) and the Fletcher Cox injury play destroyed their defence. If he stayed fit, i'd have backed them to stay on top, the difference as soon as he came back was clear as day. Everyone is going on about the fake punt but I think there were only 12 people in the world who didn't see that coming....

Anyway, all the top defenses out so don't see anything but Saints lifting the trophy, already beaten the Rams twice in 6 months, so don't see any problems there unless Gurley goes completely nuts. Just hope we smash the Chiefs and their inbred shit talking fans who probably weren't even alive the last time KC won anything. Shame really, aside from Mahomes and their fans, would be a likeable franchise.

Cya in the Flower Power stadium! :grouphug:
Last edited by Santi on Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:44 pm

Please just don't let the Patriots or Rams win. I guess I'll root for KC
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Other Sports