NFL Thread

Talk about all the other sports that interest you here.

Re: NFL Thread

Postby Santi » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:46 pm

StLGooner wrote:Please just don't let the Patriots or Rams win. I guess I'll root for KC

FO

For once we're underdogs and actually earning our way there. I know people love to hate us but that first half against the Bolts was near enough perfect football (Gilmore AWOL moment aside), was incredible to watch.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:55 pm

Santi wrote:
StLGooner wrote:Please just don't let the Patriots or Rams win. I guess I'll root for KC

FO

For once we're underdogs and actually earning our way there. I know people love to hate us but that first half against the Bolts was near enough perfect football (Gilmore AWOL moment aside), was incredible to watch.

If I was a Pats fan, I'm not sure I'd ever worry as long as Brady is QB and Bellicheck is the coach. I can't wait til those f***ers retire! :P ;)

What's weird is obviously I'm a St. Louis fan of any sport here first and foremost, but I like or at least don't hate all of Boston's sports teams except the Patriots. Still upset about the 2001 Super Bowl. :(
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby LMAO » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:41 pm

So proud of my fellow Who Dats. It was like a library when Brees was out there and complete mayhem when the defense was on the field. According to the video boards, the noise level hit 130db a couple times and there were sustained periods of 128db. This Sunday is gonna be even louder though. We'll make Kroenke know what a home atmosphere should sound like.

If Brees threw the ball 5 yards farther to Ginn on the first play, I think the game would've ended up a blowout, but good play from LeBlanc to intercept it. We definitely showed some rust in the beginning after having three weeks without a meaningful game, but we woke up in the second quarter and dominated the Eagles for the rest of the game. That 11.5 minute drive in the third quarter was f***ing unbelievable. 17 plays, 92 yards (22 plays, 117 yards including penalties).

Can't Guard Mike absolutely belongs in the discussion for best WR in the NFL. My dude was flexing on the Eagles' secondary all game. And Lattimore was unbelievable too. After that back shoulder catch Jeffrey had on him in the first quarter, he was pretty much lockdown the rest of the game.

I don't want to sound like a sore winner, but f**k the refs. I'm not complaining about the holding calls or false starts, but holy shit, every f***ing judgment call (or non-call), except for one iirc, went against us. I vividly remember what should've been OPI on Jeffrey when he pushed Lattimore down, and someone hit Brees in the helmet, but that was a no call too, yet Davenport got called for an arm to Foles' neck(?), giving the Eagles a first down when it would've been fourth and long otherwise. Hard to beat the refs and the other team, but we did it.

So proud of our boys <33333 one more game away from the Super Bowl and Atlanta's worst nightmare.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby LMAO » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:03 am

Santi wrote:Congrats Brandon, never wrote your lot off but the Eagles came out really strong in that first quarter and should've done more damage with it.

2 key plays for me; the 4th down throw to Kirkwood for the TD gave you huge momentum (it would've been a killer to miss that) and the Fletcher Cox injury play destroyed their defence. If he stayed fit, i'd have backed them to stay on top, the difference as soon as he came back was clear as day. Everyone is going on about the fake punt but I think there were only 12 people in the world who didn't see that coming....

Anyway, all the top defenses out so don't see anything but Saints lifting the trophy, already beaten the Rams twice in 6 months, so don't see any problems there unless Gurley goes completely nuts. Just hope we smash the Chiefs and their inbred shit talking fans who probably weren't even alive the last time KC won anything. Shame really, aside from Mahomes and their fans, would be a likeable franchise.

Cya in the Flower Power stadium! :grouphug:

Cheers, bro! I saw the highlights of NE-LAC, and wowowowow the Chargers flat out sucked when it wasn't garbage time except for their first TD when Gilmore let Allen go free. And, why would you play zone against Brady? That's asking to get picked apart. But I get it; a 5.5 hour flight across the country twice in as many weeks takes it toll, first class or not.

I think y'all have a good shot in KC. I still don't trust Andy Reid's clock management, but Mahomes, Hill, and Kelce are electric. KC can strike fast, but with Michel and the short passing game, the Pats can dominate time of possession and limit KC's chances.

Both conference championship games are rematches from high-scoring regular season games, which hopefully means good games (although I wouldn't mind us blowing out the Rams ngl). And for the first time ever, the four highest scoring teams in the regular season are the final four teams. It's funny looking back. In November, we all saw it coming down to Saints-Rams and Pats-Chiefs, but in December, the field looked wide open again. Yet here we are again with those four teams. So much for the Bears, Cowboys, Eagles, Seahawks, Colts, Texans, Chargers, and Ravens.

I hope we can finally get that Brees vs. Brady Super Bowl that should've happened in 2011 and 2017. But on the bight side this year, it'll be armageddon for Atlanta if NO and NE are there. NO because Saints-Falcons are one of the NFL's biggest most bitter rivalries, and Pats for 28-3. Atlanta might burn worse than what General Sherman did to it during the Civil War :lol:
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Santi » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:29 am

:rofll: hadn't even thought of that, kept thinking it'll be terrible for them if you go there and especially if you win. But imagine we're both there, the city will be a devoid of any georgians what so ever :rofll:
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Losmeister » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:14 pm

eff the pats butthey'll prolly win.

I like the Saints bettern Rams but i dont see the path to the SB being quite as smooth as mr WHoDat does, Brandon is it?

PLease Andy Reid, Mr Mahomes and Hill...
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Losmeister » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:15 pm

eff the pats butthey'll prolly win.

I like the Saints bettern Rams but i dont see the path to the SB being quite as smooth as mr WHoDat does, Brandon is it?

PLease Andy Reid, Mr Mahomes and Hill...
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Santi » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:48 pm

f***ing Mahomes he's a cocky little bitch. Hopefully the Chiefs get the comedown they need today but it'll be a tough game.

Pissed off at 4am trying to sleep? Can't wait, if we win..I still won't sleep lmao

We all want Saints v Pats cmonnnnnnn
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Losmeister » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:28 pm

Santi wrote:

We all want Saints v Pats cmonnnnnnn

most of the world doesnt want the pats again.
i mean, pats fans, sure. erryone else? not so muc h.

and i getthe old men angle of saints/pats.

aint tryna bust your balls- we all root for who we root for. me? saddled being a damned jets fan all these years. OY VAY!

fwiw, tuck rule = one SB that doesnt count. :rofll: :rofll: :rofll:
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Santi » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:01 pm

I know that should be a pen but it still would've been 4th n 2 or an INT if he played the ball so not sure it's the game breaking call the fans are sounding it to be.

Let's see whether the Rams can do a Patriots field walk to win it. Been a quality game either way.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Gooner_ESR10 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:21 am

Brady and the patriots do it again, hes just phenomenal. Chiefs got a lot of things wrong in regular time but you cant blame them for feeling sour though, OT pretty much being decided by a coin toss is lame.
Gooner_ESR10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Santi » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:25 am

OH MY GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD IM DEAD

Shrivelled up like a f***ing sun dried tomato cos i was sat in the bath watching from half time, couldn't dare to get out and risk missing anything lmao. All those f***ing chiefs fans can suck it, claiming they were gonna win by 20+ points and should be more than +3 fave cos they were gonna roll us...HA HA HA, lucky we let you in the damn game with these DPI and holding plays.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Brandon mate, what happened? You didn't hold up your end of the greatest SB ever :(
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:26 am

Gooner_LK6 wrote:Brady and the patriots do it again, hes just phenomenal. Chiefs got a lot of things wrong in regular time but you cant blame them for feeling sour though, OT pretty much being decided by a coin toss is lame.

Lol they had 3 chances at third down to stop us, was decided by their awful defense. They also had a chance to win it with 11 secs left but pussied it and took the FG.

No sympathy for the Chiefs, we let them into it with stupid penalties. JC got roasted tonight but learning experience for him.

Also...JuJu did NOT touch that ball, clear as day. So much debate about it but the multi-angle made it clear.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Gooner_ESR10 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:37 am

Santi wrote:Lol they had 3 chances at third down to stop us, was decided by their awful defense. They also had a chance to win it with 11 secs left but pussied it and took the FG.

True.
Gooner_ESR10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Santi » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:48 am

Gooner_LK6 wrote:
Santi wrote:Lol they had 3 chances at third down to stop us, was decided by their awful defense. They also had a chance to win it with 11 secs left but pussied it and took the FG.

True.

And let's also bear in mind, they weren't even short 3rd and 2 kind of plays, all 3 were 9 yards or longer LOL :lol: :arse fan: (pretend he's wearing a Pats shirt)

Think there's still bath water everywhere from my celebrations ffs, and a grumpy Portuguese housemate I woke up :hiding:
Santi
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Other Sports