NFL Thread

Talk about all the other sports that interest you here.

Re: NFL Thread

Postby LMAO » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:34 am

StLGooner wrote:
Denis_E wrote:@ Stl. Gooner

I just found out my father in law's xmas present was tickets to go see Rams vs 49ers on Xmas Eve (Pretty excited even though it's two dog shit teams in terms of football)

Would you like me to hold up any message for you on a banner? :sneaky2:

Yes, please hold this up.

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHO THE COACH IS AS LONG AS KROENKE THE **** IS IN CHARGE YOU'LL ALWAYS BE SHIT

:biggrin:

Not entirely true.

Would be a very similar situation to when he took over the 49ers—baller defense, great RB, QB in need of guidance. I could see him turning the Rams into a perennial contender, and I bet he'd love to stick it to Jed York twice a year; however, there's zero chance he leaves Michigan any time soon, especially since he still has to beat Urban Meyer and bring home a natty. He's a god at his alma mater in Ann Arbor making $9 million per year, more than Belichick is getting. Although, Harbaugh is one of the few coaches I could actually see Kroenke opening his wallet for and paying him something absurd like north of $12 million per year.

Kroenke may be a stingy bastard, but he knows that he needs to get the Rams good—and good fast—in time for the stadium in 2019 and the already wavering fan support.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby StLGooner » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:31 pm

He ain't going to the Rams already squashed those rumors. Although people lie, but I don't think he will.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby LMAO » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:51 am

Zeke is a hurdling monster. Dak is playing lights out and nothing like a rookie. Their defense is amazing. As long as the Cowboys can avoid the Giants in the playoffs, they should get to the Super Bowl. I don't think a rookie QB has ever led a team to a Super Bowl before. Amazing stuff.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby LMAO » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:48 pm

The Broncos and the Panthers are eliminated from playoff contention. It's the first time since 2003 (Buccaneers and Raiders) that the previous season's Super Bowl participants are excluded from the postseason.

Meanwhile, the Cowboys already have home-field advantage sewn up for the NFC. Can't wait until Dak becomes the first rookie QB to lead his team to a Super Bowl :cloud9:

The Raiders are done with Carr's injury imo. I can see them losing their first playoff game.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:18 am

Just watched the Seahawks game.

Lost but proud of the way they fought back, our offense was terrible first half.

They really need to sort out using Graham more and that new RB Collins looked decent.

Cardinals won a fair hard fought game.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:52 am

snorehawks through with a slightly flattering scoreline, Lions did well enough on offense but couldn't convert.

Texans also through in a slightly shock win over the Raiders who were having a quality season until 3 weeks ago.

Tonight:

Dolphins @ Steelers
Giants @ Packers
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Rastayouth » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:26 am

Feel for the Raiders. They were playing so well before they lost their first two QBs.
Rastayouth
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Santi » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:30 pm

Steelers coming up strong against Miami, 30-6 atm in the 3rd.No chance of a Miami comeback here.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:45 am

good to see the Giants beating themselves again, had the Packers absolutely destroyed in the first half and there for the taking but could only muster 6 points and ended up trailing 14-6 at half time due to 2 sloppy plays.

second half the packers were just better although there were still mistakes from NYG. Odell in particular was poor.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:02 am

Saturday
Seahawks @ Falcons (-4.5) (4:35 PM EST)
Texans @ Patriots (-16) (8:15 PM EST) That spread tho :rofll:

Sunday
Steelers @ Chiefs (-1) (1:05 PM EST)
Packers @ Cowboys (-4) (4:40 PM EST)

Houston should be embarrassed; with a competent QB, they'd be one of the best teams. Instead, they're only here because Carr got hurt in week 16, and their QBs suck less than Connor Cook.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Santi » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:09 pm

Hawks v Cowgirls and Steelers v Pats incoming imo

Packers and Chiefs may give it a good run, Packers depends on how match fit Dallas are since they've had 2 weeks rest. Chiefs are generally solid but can be sketchy and the Steelers are always tough.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:18 pm

^Chiefs instead of Steelers imo
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:33 am

Mesüt wrote:snorehawks through with a slightly flattering scoreline, Lions did well enough on offense but couldn't convert.

Texans also through in a slightly shock win over the Raiders who were having a quality season until 3 weeks ago.

Tonight:

Dolphins @ Steelers
Giants @ Packers

Snorehawks? did you see some of those catches by Richardson and Baldwin?

We already beat the Falcons this season but admittedly the next game could be completely different.

We'll see, we don't look like Super Bowl winners but we have tighten'd up our offense at the right time.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:48 am

Aye, at home by 2 points. This time it's in Arizona and both teams are in better form so it will be a completely different game.

Also I just don't like Snorehawks other than your kit so they're always called that :P That and usually all about the D which is top quality but bores the f out of me ;)

AroundtheNFL guys want Cowboys v Steelers superbowl but Cowboys v Pats would be my ideal, the two best teams of the season matching up, the dominant franchise vs the reborn team.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:33 pm

Mesüt wrote:Aye, at home by 2 points. This time it's in Arizona and both teams are in better form so it will be a completely different game.

Also I just don't like Snorehawks other than your kit so they're always called that :P That and usually all about the D which is top quality but bores the f out of me ;)

AroundtheNFL guys want Cowboys v Steelers superbowl but Cowboys v Pats would be my ideal, the two best teams of the season matching up, the dominant franchise vs the reborn team.

I love our defense, its one of my favourite aspects of the game, shutting down and crushing the opposition, roughing them up with hits.

If I was going to play American football I'd of wanted to be a Safety or a CB, love to be a Line Backer but at 14st I'd be too small so probably free safety.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Other Sports