NFL Thread

Talk about all the other sports that interest you here.

Re: NFL Thread

Postby Santi » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:05 am

Absolutely dead but still buzzing as well, what a pair of games that was.

I've watched that final drive for the Saints again and really do feel for them, that was a bullshit no call, the NFL and the defender even admitted as much themselves. Still don't think the defender should've done it as he almost handed the game over and got very lucky, but he was gonna struggle to make the tackle before the line.

Crazy how much the refs affect the game these days, luckily worked out for us but some BS calls in the late game as well, including that ghost RTP on Brady which moved the chains and kept the drive going. All I can say is, thank f**k Ford went offside.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Losmeister » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:42 pm

santi running out to buy his dee ford jersey...

freaking OS on a game ending INT...smh.... cant make that ish up.
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Losmeister » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:44 pm

i didnt watch the KC/Pats game... i was all effthe nfl after that joke of a NON PI call in the Saints/Rams....
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:56 pm

Losmeister wrote:santi running out to buy his dee ford jersey...

freaking OS on a game ending INT...smh.... cant make that ish up.

No clue how someone can be that retarded.

A professional player in that magnitude of a game, and you're fvcking offside.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby LMAO » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:16 pm

Santi wrote:Brandon mate, what happened? You didn't hold up your end of the greatest SB ever :(

Good luck in the Super Bowl*. I know it wasn't Rams' fault with the non-call, but I hope the Pats beat the brakes off them and Tom gets ring #6.

Saltiness incoming: motherf**k the NFL is what happened. We won the f***ing game. All the two dumbfuck refs had to do was call an obvious f***ing DPI and/or helmet to helmet, and we'd be going to Atlanta. Yeah, yeah, yeah, still went to overtime, blah, blah, blah, but it should've never come to that.

I can get past a tough loss where we beat ourselves, the other team outplays us or outcoaches us. I've moved on from Beast Quake, that Vernon Davis TD, and the Minneapolis Miracle, but not winning a game because of the refs is a bridge too far for me. The integrity of the game has been irreparably ruined for me, especially for a league that loves to preach player safety yet does little for it on the field. I love the Saints, but I can no longer reconcile that with my sheer hatred for the league.

The just thing to do would be to replay the game from the non-call, but the NFL has its darling LA Rams in the SB, so that'll never happen (along with the NFL never throwing the refs under the bus). After 14 seasons, I'm done with this bullshit league for a long time. I can't support this fuckery. Had a SB appearance stolen from us and legacies altered because of the bullshit that is refs not being held accountable by the league during games.

And that's not even the first time this season a team hasn't won a game it should've because of a bs late (non-)call - the Clay Matthews hit on Kirk Cousins back in like week 2 being the other I remember.

P.S. I finally know how you feel, Clint/StL. To have something taken from you by the league is just something you can't come back from. f**k the NFL :angry:
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:29 pm

Brady would have torched the Saints anyway.

Guy is too good and has Michael Jordan levels of clutch, one of the greatest athletes of the 21st century.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby LMAO » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:35 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Brady would have torched the Saints anyway.

Guy is too good and has Michael Jordan levels of clutch, one of the greatest athletes of the 21st century.

I guess we'll never know :dontknow:

Would've been a great game though.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Santi » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:06 pm

I dunno, the saints love them some fake plays and trick plays which makes it hard to beat their regular scheme. Without Hill I’d be confident because he’s a key part of the multi functioning offense. Take him out and I fancy us in a straight match because BB would take Thomas out the game and find a way to unsettle brees.

Brady gets all the credit but these last two wins have been largely off the back of Bills game planning, the offensive execution is just typical pats. Don’t get me wrong, TB has been his usual self now he’s over his knee injury but The defense is what stepped up last two games.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:56 pm

As a neutral and hater of Kroenke, this is the worst possible match up there could be. I hate the NFL. Hopefully the game gets canceled cause of a zombie apocalypse.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Losmeister » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:39 pm

I was semi-rooting for the Saints and didnt watch 2nd game cos the NFL is effed up
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Santi » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:18 pm

I mean missed calls do happen every week, it just so happens that this one directly affected the result and was clear as day.

It's like losing a Champions League semi cos the lino flagged your striker offside n he wasn't. Complete BS but officials will always make some errors, if it's your team then you're livid but the game goes on and eventually you just deal with it. We all still remember RVP's bullshit red against Barca right but did that make the CL effed up and we stop watching?

Saints fans will always remember this but the anger will die down soon enough and they'll go again next season.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:36 pm

I would argue all missed calls directly affect the outcome of a game (especially in the NFL), but when it's at the end of the game is when it gets highlighted and seems like the affect is greater. But that is so hard to judge, because a missed call in the first quarter of a game could completely change the whole outcome of a game, but it's not judged to be a big deal since it gives off an illusion of not being as significant at the time. The difference is that early missed calls don't seem as bad because there is plenty of time left to make up for the missed call, but at the end of the game they seem worse because you don't always have a chance to make up for that missed call, but the affect is essentially the same.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Santi » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:38 pm

Yes agree, although a missed call that would benefit the offense on a first down can become completely irrelevant if the play is made on the 2nd down for example, so not quite all have a direct impact..but they could, yes.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Rastayouth » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:50 pm

Still fuming about that Dee Ford offside. Pats just too clinical. Not sure how many 3rd and longs they converted but that was just ridiculous how they marched up the field for their final two drives.
Rastayouth
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby LMAO » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:00 am

Santi wrote:I mean missed calls do happen every week, it just so happens that this one directly affected the result and was clear as day.

It's like losing a Champions League semi cos the lino flagged your striker offside n he wasn't. Complete BS but officials will always make some errors, if it's your team then you're livid but the game goes on and eventually you just deal with it. We all still remember RVP's bullshit red against Barca right but did that make the CL effed up and we stop watching?

Saints fans will always remember this but the anger will die down soon enough and they'll go again next season.

Yeah, my rage from getting robbed will go away, but I won't bother next season (which sucks because it's likely Drew's last). The NFCCG was the last NFL game I attend (or watch on TV) and the last time I give the NFL money for a loooong time, if ever again.

A similar call happened when we played the Steelers this season, and the refs called a phantom DPI on the Steelers in the 1st quarter when Drew threw an incompletion to Kamara on 4th down. We'll never know how that call changed the game because there was still so much game left to be played, versus that being called with less than 2 minutes left in the 4th quarter where the outcome would've been more obvious. While that and the missed call in the NFCCG were both terrible (and both should've been reviewable), one affected the game significantly more.

And RVP's red isn't apples to apples (more comparable to our PI against the Steelers). It was egregious and one of the worst calls in CL history, but it wasn't at the end of the game with Arsenal a couple minutes away from advancing. We still had 35 minutes to make adjustments and hunker down to prevent at least 2 more goals.

Imo, a more apt comparison would be a WC semifinal, where your country is up 2-1, there are 4 minutes of added time, and the ref awards a penalty to the other team in the 93rd minute, even though an opposing player blatantly dove. That crushes the spirit of your team, and the opposition goes on to get a goal in ET to win 3-2. In a scenario like that, I'd feel the same and say f**k it and give up on the WC possibly forever.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

PreviousNext

Return to Other Sports