NFL Thread

Talk about all the other sports that interest you here.

Re: NFL Thread

Postby StLGooner » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:17 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:Rings aside, Brady was always more clutch than Manning.

Also still trying to figure out what a BOAT is?

His teams in general were more clutch too. But I will always say Manning was smarter and maybe the smartest QB ever. That's why I think he was better. He can read the game better, he pretty much ran his own offense and saw things even coaches didn't. Manning should be a coach one day for sure.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Santi » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:08 pm

Losmeister wrote:
StLGooner wrote:I hear ya. But specifically in football, it's so hard to go by that. Brees could have done everything he could do, and drove his offense down the field and scored every time. But if his defense doesn't stop them every time, then they don't win. So by no fault of is own, he doesn't win a championship. He couldn't have dragged his team all the way cause he doesn't play defense. So see what I mean?

People will always think Brady was a better QB cause of all the rings he has. But I personally think Manning was better, and Favre, but it won't go down in history like that. Brady was just fortunate to have great teams and great coaches, not that he still isn't good, but because of what he won he'll always be labeled as better and that isn't right imo.

brady gets to say he "won" a SB where the other team blew a 28-3 lead, and one where his O scored a total of 13 pts.... whataguy!

He also lost 1 because of a horrendous defence that he almost carried to a title against a far better team (500+ yards n losing).
+ 2 last play losses to the Giants.

Know you're half joking but no point bringing up certain games and dismissing the greatest ever SB comeback as a choke while ignoring the fact he could easily have 3 more rings and is known for the 4th quarter last 2 min drive down the field to win it (e.g. 03 vs Panthers). Nevermind that he was the youngest winning QB at the time of his first title, named to pro bowl in his first full year and went 16-0, he's only good cos those pesky Falcons choked!!

It's a team game but acting like Brady isn't Mr Foxboro and isn't as clutch as they come, particularly when his teammates need him, is ludicrous.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Losmeister » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:21 pm

Santi wrote:
Losmeister wrote:
StLGooner wrote:I hear ya. But specifically in football, it's so hard to go by that. Brees could have done everything he could do, and drove his offense down the field and scored every time. But if his defense doesn't stop them every time, then they don't win. So by no fault of is own, he doesn't win a championship. He couldn't have dragged his team all the way cause he doesn't play defense. So see what I mean?

People will always think Brady was a better QB cause of all the rings he has. But I personally think Manning was better, and Favre, but it won't go down in history like that. Brady was just fortunate to have great teams and great coaches, not that he still isn't good, but because of what he won he'll always be labeled as better and that isn't right imo.

brady gets to say he "won" a SB where the other team blew a 28-3 lead, and one where his O scored a total of 13 pts.... whataguy!

He also lost 1 because of a horrendous defence that he almost carried to a title against a far better team (500+ yards n losing).
+ 2 last play losses to the Giants.

Know you're half joking but no point bringing up certain games and dismissing the greatest ever SB comeback as a choke while ignoring the fact he could easily have 3 more rings and is known for the 4th quarter last 2 min drive down the field to win it (e.g. 03 vs Panthers). Nevermind that he was the youngest winning QB at the time of his first title, named to pro bowl in his first full year and went 16-0, he's only good cos those pesky Falcons choked!!

It's a team game but acting like Brady isn't Mr Foxboro and isn't as clutch as they come, particularly when his teammates need him, is ludicrous.

nuthn like a front runner....
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Losmeister » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:13 pm

btw, Sam Darnold starting to look like he belongs... kinda nuts... 21 y/o !!
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Santi » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:23 pm

Harmon and McCourty :hail:

Bears were lucky af all game anyway but what a stop to win it.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:24 pm

Losmeister wrote:btw, Sam Darnold starting to look like he belongs... kinda nuts... 21 y/o !!

Not today... :sneaky2:
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:56 pm

If there is a higher power, it was a Saints fan today—first time Justin Tucker has ever missed an extra point. Brees finally joins Favre and P. Manning as the only QBs to beat all 32 teams, also joins them and Brady in the 500 passing TD club.

Was hoping for at least 3-2 over our five game gauntlet of death (@B'More, @Minny next Sunday night, LA Rams, @Cincy, Philly), and 1-0 is a good start.

Santi wrote:
Losmeister wrote:btw, Sam Darnold starting to look like he belongs... kinda nuts... 21 y/o !!

Not today... :sneaky2:

I tried to tell him
LMAO wrote:one game, Darnold looks like a world beater and then in the next game, you'd wonder how he got a scholarship to play QB at USC.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Losmeister » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:55 pm

it's cool, aint about to lose my ish cos a 21 yr old has abad game... while the rest of team had a bad game too...

certainly, teh Jets aint worth watching, tho i AM watching this yr cos of the kid QB...
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Losmeister » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:56 pm

btw, LMAO you from the south? rooting for the saints because....?
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Losmeister » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:57 pm

Am sure Santi rocks his vintage Hannah jersey while rooting Tom freaking tuck rule Brady...
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby LMAO » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:35 pm

Losmeister wrote:btw, LMAO you from the south? rooting for the saints because....?

Katrina hit around the time I was starting to really get into football in 5th(?) grade. I felt bad for the team and city, so I rooted for a revival story, even though they went 3-13 in the Katrina year. I stuck with them though and Brees and Payton came the next season, and the rest is history. I've become a Who Dat for life.

If anything, I should be a Redskins fan since I grew up near DC in NOVA, but I've never felt a connection to them. Probably didn't help that the last time the Redskins were relevant (won a Super Bowl), I wasnt even born lol
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Losmeister » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:26 pm

LMAO wrote:
Losmeister wrote:btw, LMAO you from the south? rooting for the saints because....?

Katrina hit around the time I was starting to really get into football in 5th(?) grade. I felt bad for the team and city, so I rooted for a revival story, even though they went 3-13 in the Katrina year. I stuck with them though and Brees and Payton came the next season, and the rest is history. I've become a Who Dat for life.

If anything, I should be a Redskins fan since I grew up near DC in NOVA, but I've never felt a connection to them. Probably didn't help that the last time the Redskins were relevant (won a Super Bowl), I wasnt even born lol

revivalist... cool... hard not o like all that offense all those years... to think he got injured vs jets in a playoff game that Jets won if i recall correctly,... you were in 5th grade? youngin...
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Santi » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:59 pm

Losmeister wrote:it's cool, aint about to lose my ish cos a 21 yr old has abad game... while the rest of team had a bad game too...

certainly, teh Jets aint worth watching, tho i AM watching this yr cos of the kid QB...

another terrible day for him just now 4 ints
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:49 pm

god these hawks are f***ing useless, ruined both my bets
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:28 am

Who Dat? Helluva preview of the NFC Championship game. Love this team, currently playing like the best team in the NFL, but it's close between Saints, Rams, and Chiefs, with Patriots and Panthers close behind.

Can't guard Mike. I love how salty Troy Aikman and Joe Buck were about Thomas' homage to Joe Horn :rofll:
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

PreviousNext

Return to Other Sports