Rugby League Chat 2013 Season (Inc. Aussie)

Talk about all the other sports that interest you here.

Re: Rugby League Chat 2013 Season (Inc. Aussie)

Postby Royal Gooner » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:53 pm

Trina wrote:The rumours cant be true...a minutes silence at the game on Saturday?...in Cas.... I hope its not true because its on tv and it will make us look really bad.

Good to see that RL made that excellent choice. They are obviously doing it in the best taste.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Yorkyblue » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:05 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:
Trina wrote:The rumours cant be true...a minutes silence at the game on Saturday?...in Cas.... I hope its not true because its on tv and it will make us look really bad.

Good to see that RL made that excellent choice. They are obviously doing it in the best taste.

Mate... there will be no silence in Castleford. :lol:

Lots of talk about Raper coming back. :pray:
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Royal Gooner » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:09 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:

Mate... there will be no silence in Castleford. :lol:

Lots of talk about Raper coming back. :pray:

Oh dear, I am sorry that there are those who would be so disrespectful.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Yorkyblue » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:11 pm

Nobody gave a shit about us.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Yorkyblue » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:41 am

Did you go yesterday Trina? Mental game which I bet was great for neutrals even though the skill levels wasn't high lol.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Trina » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:34 am

Yeah we did then watched it again when we got home lol. Last 10 minutes were so nerve racking! Thought we was going to lose it. Brilliant game!
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Yorkyblue » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:45 am

Looked like rangi was saying bye to be honest as well.

Raper lands in England as well! :D
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Trina » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:27 pm

Not seen the interview but Danny Orr apparently slipped up on the last 10 seconds about a few big announcements coming. Rangi looked like he was saying goodbye, but it also sounded like it was out of his hands.

Really want to go to the Leeds game on friday night! Dont think we can afford though, would have to get train, tickets for us both, drinks etc. So might get babysitters sorted and watch it at home with a few drinks. You working?
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Yorkyblue » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:33 pm

I'm not working but working in the morning on Saturday. Not sure if I'm going to the game or not yet. I might go through to Leeds for it but won't be drinking.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Gunner Down Under » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:58 am

Australia vs NZ in about half an hour from now.
Gunner Down Under
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Youngie » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:09 pm

The draw has been made for the fifth round of Rugby League's Challenge Cup

Catalans Dragons v York City Knights

Hull FC v Wakefield Trinity Wildcats

Workington v Widnes Vikings

Hull KR v Wigan Warriors

The remaining four ties are -

London Broncos v Bradford Bulls

Warrington Wolves v Salford City Reds

Huddersfield Giants v Leeds Rhinos

Sheffield Eagles v Halifax

Come on the Wire :hail:
Youngie
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Yorkyblue » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:26 pm

I've decided the challenge cup is the worst in any sport I watch.

It's so uninteresting the whole way through and really feels nothing like it used to.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Trina » Wed May 01, 2013 7:49 am

Salford are facing possible repercussions from the RFL for fielding 14 players during a crucial period of their 34-30 Super League victory over Castleford on Saturday.

The Tigers noticed the discrepancy and have lodged a complaint with the RFL, who are expected to make a statement over the matter on Wednesday.

Castleford chief executive Steve Gill has claimed three plays took place while the Reds had an extra man on the field of play after making a substitution four minutes from time.

Salford went on to secure the victory that took them off the foot of the table in Brian Noble's first match in charge since take over at the Salford City Stadium.

There is no precedent that would see Cas awarded the points from the contest but the Reds may face a fine or a points deduction if the RFL rules they are in breach of its operational rules.

http://www1.skysports.com/rugby-league/ ... leford-win

What a joke!
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Yorkyblue » Wed May 01, 2013 7:54 am

That would be the 3 plays when we were so close to the line and they all started fighting I'm guessing.

It's a joke that this was allowed to happen but I understand why they can't award us the points, unless we were winning and they scored when it happened.

It does change everything though. It may of only been 3 plays but it sets up for what happens after.

It's also hard to blame Salford as the officials should be watching. For them to do it, surely Noble was sending on 2 players while only bringing one on? It's a tough one but I just expect a slap on the wrist and the officials to be in more trouble.

I don't think anything happens when it happens in football. Sure it happened in an Arsenal game a couple of years ago but I can't remember which team had the extra man. Might not of even being in a game Arsenal were involved in, just seem to remember some talk on this forum.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Royal Gooner » Wed May 01, 2013 8:31 am

Yorkyblue wrote:That would be the 3 plays when we were so close to the line and they all started fighting I'm guessing.

It's a joke that this was allowed to happen but I understand why they can't award us the points, unless we were winning and they scored when it happened.

It does change everything though. It may of only been 3 plays but it sets up for what happens after.

It's also hard to blame Salford as the officials should be watching. For them to do it, surely Noble was sending on 2 players while only bringing one on? It's a tough one but I just expect a slap on the wrist and the officials to be in more trouble.

I don't think anything happens when it happens in football. Sure it happened in an Arsenal game a couple of years ago but I can't remember which team had the extra man. Might not of even being in a game Arsenal were involved in, just seem to remember some talk on this forum.

I think that was a Leicester Tigers-Ospreys rugby union game.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

PreviousNext

Return to Other Sports