Rugby League Chat 2013 Season (Inc. Aussie)

Talk about all the other sports that interest you here.

Re: Rugby League Chat 2013 Season (Inc. Aussie)

Postby Yorkyblue » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:13 am

It's good for you that this is happening.

Rest up a bit and start to get some form going just in time for the play offs.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:22 pm

Looking at teams plans for next season Hull kr seem to be doing well. This one who they got a couple of days ago could be the next Stanley Gene. They are doing quite well this season. Next could be even better.
I want Carl Jenkinson back in a Arsenal shirt next season.
EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:17 pm

Today is the big day. Wigan book their place at Wembley. I predict something like 60-10 to Wigan. With the crowd being around the 5 thou mark. Everyone who i speak to (apart from our Wigan Warriors lotto collector) are not going. They are saving their cash for the final.
EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Royal Gooner » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:24 pm

EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC wrote:Today is the big day. Wigan book their place at Wembley. I predict something like 60-10 to Wigan. With the crowd being around the 5 thou mark. Everyone who i speak to (apart from our Wigan Warriors lotto collector) are not going. They are saving their cash for the final.

wigan may have the league position and the squad and the (for all intents) home ground but it's the cup and anything could happen. Come on the Broncos!
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Yorkyblue » Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:32 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:
EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC wrote:Today is the big day. Wigan book their place at Wembley. I predict something like 60-10 to Wigan. With the crowd being around the 5 thou mark. Everyone who i speak to (apart from our Wigan Warriors lotto collector) are not going. They are saving their cash for the final.

wigan may have the league position and the squad and the (for all intents) home ground but it's the cup and anything could happen. Come on the Broncos!

Home ground?

PS It's the Challenge Cup not the FA Cup where anything can happen.

EDIT: Just checked score. Wigan racking up about a point a minute,

EDIT EDIT: Hopefully this will be the end of London and they can finally be sent down a division or 3 like they should of years ago. Send Bradford as well as they should be gone.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Royal Gooner » Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:42 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:

Home ground?

PS It's the Challenge Cup not the FA Cup where anything can happen.

EDIT: Just checked score. Wigan racking up about a point a minute,

EDIT EDIT: Hopefully this will be the end of London and they can finally be sent down a division or 3 like they should of years ago. Send Bradford as well as they should be gone.

I said for all intents. I think that when you have a neutral ground that is in the same county as one team, I'd say that's home advantage given the amount of fans that will be able to afford to go.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Yorkyblue » Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:50 pm

London struggle to take a mini bus to away games as it is mate.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Royal Gooner » Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:53 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:London struggle to take a mini bus to away games as it is mate.

Exactly. And you play at a neutral venue in Greater Manchester, where the opposing team also happen to be based. Hardly fair and neutral is it?
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Yorkyblue » Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:59 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:

Exactly. And you play at a neutral venue in Greater Manchester, where the opposing team also happen to be based. Hardly fair and neutral is it?

It is really. 15 London fans travel north or thousands have to travel south. These stadiums are already sorted beforehand. If London have a problem, maybe they should pull out of it. While they're at it, pull out of Super League and let a team who deserves to be there play in it.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Royal Gooner » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:03 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:

It is really. 15 London fans travel north or thousands have to travel south. These stadiums are already sorted beforehand. If London have a problem, maybe they should pull out of it. While they're at it, pull out of Super League and let a team who deserves to be there play in it.

That's not the point. The point is that travelling distance is rather geared towards one team, which for all intents gives them more of an advantage for bringing more fans who can afford to go there. That does not make it a neutral venue. If it was in somewhere like Birmingham or Coventry, then it would be.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Yorkyblue » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:06 pm

IF they stopped bailing London out all the time then maybe the sport could afford to use other stadiums. In places like that the crowd would be lucky to hit 3000 for a semi and not even make the money it cost to rent it.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Royal Gooner » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:14 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:IF they stopped bailing London out all the time then maybe the sport could afford to use other stadiums. In places like that the crowd would be lucky to hit 3000 for a semi and not even make the money it cost to rent it.

That's hardly London's fault that RL can only afford 2 big grounds a year. More something that the heartlands don't have fans that want to leave Lancashire or Yorkshire;
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Yorkyblue » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:19 pm

It's London's fault for robbing us though. Time and time again they keep trying the same crap over and over, it fails, then they get bailed out. It needs giving up as a bad job or going down a division and being semi-pro. It's a northern sport, hardly anyone cares down south. Should just leave it that way rather than waste money on it.

Same as the Crusaders, what a joke that was.

I think it's the best sport in the world but the RFL is bent as f**k.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC » Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:19 pm

WEM-BER-LEE HERE WE COME. Easy, easy. Yeah it is a fair point about the game being played at Leigh but lets be honest Wigan v London is not a match anymore it would have been as one-sided wherever it was played. Hull KR next up in Super league at home on Friday.
EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Trina » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:13 pm

I was about to post and say great game to watch tonight, but now its getting dodgy. Should of been no try but what a surprise its given...
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Other Sports