NHL

Talk about all the other sports that interest you here.

Re: NHL

Postby Swan » Thu May 09, 2013 5:51 pm

i haven't seen any of your series except high lights on NHL tonight ( Kathryn tappen :heart: :drool: ) but jonathan quick probably has been real sharp these past 3 games
Swan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Yorkyblue » Fri May 10, 2013 12:22 am

Stayed up and watch the Maple Leafs on Weds night. Was a bit gutted for them. I think they're f***ked now.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Swan » Fri May 10, 2013 1:05 am

is it cause they haven't made the playoffs in 9 years, i'm from leaf territory but not a fan of them and i cant wait until they are out.. i am really not a fan of how they treat their fans and run the team and how we are bombarded with leafs stuff from the sports media..
Swan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Yorkyblue » Fri May 10, 2013 1:10 am

Swan wrote:is it cause they haven't made the playoffs in 9 years, i'm from leaf territory but not a fan of them and i cant wait until they are out.. i am really not a fan of how they treat their fans and run the team and how we are bombarded with leafs stuff from the sports media..

Can you tell me a bit about that please? (with the fans)
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Swan » Fri May 10, 2013 1:35 am

for an original 6 team that has not one anything since 1967 and have not really tried ( they really have put out some shit hockey over the years) to all they care about is making money.. it is cheaper for me to drive to the states and get a seat 4 rows up from the glass then it is to get top row at the A.C.C ( their rink) and not to mention the prices inside of the rink.. i can go and buy a case of beer for the price of 2 there.. they have turned it into a corporate experience and have priced the real fan out not cause they have to but cause they want to for the money.. the team until recently was owned by the ontario teachers union, so money money money.. i have many friends that have not been to a game cause of this even tho they love this team more then anything ( dont know why).. they put games on leafs tv forcing the fans to go out and pay extra money to even games and its not a few extra bucks a year for this channel.. and prices keep going up year after year..

yes i know some of this sounds like another team :redface:
Swan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby arsenalyank » Fri May 10, 2013 6:22 pm

Swan wrote:for an original 6 team that has not one anything since 1967 and have not really tried ( they really have put out some shit hockey over the years) to all they care about is making money.. it is cheaper for me to drive to the states and get a seat 4 rows up from the glass then it is to get top row at the A.C.C ( their rink) and not to mention the prices inside of the rink.. i can go and buy a case of beer for the price of 2 there.. they have turned it into a corporate experience and have priced the real fan out not cause they have to but cause they want to for the money.. the team until recently was owned by the ontario teachers union, so money money money.. i have many friends that have not been to a game cause of this even tho they love this team more then anything ( dont know why).. they put games on leafs tv forcing the fans to go out and pay extra money to even games and its not a few extra bucks a year for this channel.. and prices keep going up year after year..

yes i know some of this sounds like another team :redface:

Don't forget the ability of Toronto's media to completely destroy any players that are struggling. I was amazed by the level of media negativity around the team when I live there for a year.
arsenalyank
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Swan » Fri May 10, 2013 10:19 pm

oh ya that is for sure..
Swan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Swan » Sat May 11, 2013 3:14 am

some shit refs not calling penalties all night that almost costed us the playoffs but zetterberg comes through in O.T to get a game 7.. gotta love playoff hockey
Swan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Swan » Mon May 13, 2013 10:32 am

bring on the hawks hope it's not a sweep
Swan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Yorkyblue » Tue May 14, 2013 1:35 am

Well this has been a great series with the leafs.

losing 3 games to 1. Pull it back to 3-3.

Game 7 and go 1-0 down then 4-1 up. Boston pull it back with 2 of the goals in the last 1min 20. 50 seconds to go.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Swan » Tue May 14, 2013 1:45 am

i turned it on just before the shit hit the fan for leaf fans...
Swan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Yorkyblue » Tue May 14, 2013 2:06 am

And now shit really hit the fan.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Swan » Tue May 14, 2013 2:18 am

leaf fans are all losing their shit right now..

you would think they would of been happy for finally making the playoffs and making it a great series
Swan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Yorkyblue » Tue May 14, 2013 2:20 am

Going that close and then having it snatched away will cause that though. The one I know is just happy they got where they did, despite a lot of swearing at the time it was happening.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Swan » Tue May 14, 2013 2:35 am

Yorkyblue wrote:Going that close and then having it snatched away will cause that though. The one I know is just happy they got where they did, despite a lot of swearing at the time it was happening.

i get that but putting your team down after that effort they finally get what they want and then put their team down cause they didnt go all the way
Swan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to Other Sports